[May 02, 2024, 08:58:35 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023-24 NBA Thread  (Read 56939 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: 2023-24 NBA Thread
« Reply #1675 on: April 23, 2024, 12:09:06 AM »
If the Lakers play the Nuggets 10 times, the Lakers win .............. zero times.

That was a bad loss.  And then Ham ridiculously blamed the refs. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1676 on: April 23, 2024, 06:13:46 AM »
If the Lakers play the Nuggets 10 times, the Lakers win .............. zero times.

I saw a few articles/writer tweets about how if the Lakers beat the Nuggets, it will be a huge cap on Lebron's legacy.  As soon as I saw that, I had a feeling this was going to be the outcome.  Lebron is a freak and his longevity is nuts, but he's not allowed a proper full team to be built around him since Cleveland for a variety of reasons and this is just a further example.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1677 on: April 23, 2024, 07:27:34 AM »
That was a bad loss.  And then Ham ridiculously blamed the refs.

Nick Nurse blamed the refs after the Sixers' loss, too.

Phil Jackson blamed the refs at least once every playoff series in which his team lost a game.

It's what coaches do.

Meanwhile ...

I'm not a big fan of arbitrary stat salads, but I have to admit this one impressed me:

Nikola Jokić (27-20-10) had his fourth 25-20-10 playoff game. Every other player in NBA history has four combined (two from Wilt Chamberlain, one each from Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Dave Cowens).

Any time you can accomplish something on the basketball court twice as many times as Wilt did, it's damn impressive.

Of course, Wilt probably also had 10 blocks in each of those games, but blocks weren't an official stat back then.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1678 on: April 23, 2024, 07:50:42 AM »
Nick Nurse blamed the refs after the Sixers' loss, too.

Nurse's complaint was ridiculous. The ref clearly saw him signal timeout, but they are supposed to look for the ball after, and it was already loose. And now they are going to file a grievance? LOL...ok.

Here's an idea. Don't rush the inbounds under your own basket. Advance it to half-court with the timeout instead. (I know they wanted to save it cause they had one left, but still...)

Anyway I did not see the Lakers / Nuggets ending until this morning.  But man the end of that game, and the Knicks game, is why the NBA is so great. Really both home teams win in dramatic fashion with the crowd right there. Incredible atmosphere.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1679 on: April 23, 2024, 09:20:45 AM »
Nurse's complaint was ridiculous. The ref clearly saw him signal timeout, but they are supposed to look for the ball after, and it was already loose. And now they are going to file a grievance? LOL...ok.

Here's an idea. Don't rush the inbounds under your own basket. Advance it to half-court with the timeout instead. (I know they wanted to save it cause they had one left, but still...)

Anyway I did not see the Lakers / Nuggets ending until this morning.  But man the end of that game, and the Knicks game, is why the NBA is so great. Really both home teams win in dramatic fashion with the crowd right there. Incredible atmosphere.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Maxey was fouled too, but my immediate reaction was the same as yours ... why didn't you advance the ball for the easy inbounds pass? Self-inflicted wound.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1680 on: April 23, 2024, 09:54:47 AM »
Maxey might've been fouled...after a nice clean 2 handed shove to Hart's chest went uncalled.  The biggest blunder by the refs was overturning the 5th foul called on Lowry when he clearly wacked Divencenzo on the neck/shoulder while knocking the ball out with the other hand.

How about Embiid gets back in the play and boxes out a crashing Hartenstein instead of pouting around about the turnover and lack of timeout?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1681 on: April 23, 2024, 10:43:07 AM »
Embiid has a total of 0.0 rebounds in the two 4th quarters of this series.  But he also blamed the officiating.

In the Lakers loss Davis absolutely dominated the game through 3Q.  In the 4Q he had a whopping total of zero points and one rebound. He took one shot. 

The coaching yesterday of Nurse and Ham was super questionable to put it mildly.  Why on earth didn't Philly call a time-out before they in-bounded the ball after Brunson bounced in that triple?  They could have advanced the ball.  And no, Nurse did not clearly call a time-out once they had trouble getting the ball in. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 10:54:52 AM by MuggsyB »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1682 on: April 23, 2024, 10:46:05 AM »
Any medical professionals on here that can explain what's going on with Embiid's left eye?  He like can't blink, apparently has been wearing sunglasses around the locker room, and won't look into cameras during press conferences/interviews.  Looks really weird.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #1683 on: April 23, 2024, 10:46:34 AM »
Embiid has a total of 0.0 rebounds in the two 4th quarters of this series.  But he also blamed the officiating.

In the Lakers loss Davis absolutely dominated the game through 3Q.  In the 4Q he had a whopping total of zero points and one rebound. He took one shot. 

The coaching yesterday of Nurse and Ham was super questionable to put it mildly.  Why on earth didn't Philly call a time-out before they in-bounded the ball after Brunson bounced in that triple?  They could have advanced the ball.  And no Nurse did not clearly call a time-out once they had trouble getting the ball in. 

They had no trouble getting the ball in. In fact it was inbounded quickly. It was a loose ball that Maxey possessed briefly.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1684 on: April 23, 2024, 10:49:08 AM »
They had no trouble getting the ball in. In fact it was inbounded quickly. It was a loose ball that Maxey possessed briefly.

They got the ball in, yes - but directly into a double team.

• All American
« Reply #1685 on: April 23, 2024, 10:55:32 AM »
They got the ball in, yes - but directly into a double team.

Right. Which is why taking a TO may have been the better option. A turnover out of bounds is way further away from the basket.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1686 on: April 23, 2024, 10:58:49 AM »
Any medical professionals on here that can explain what's going on with Embiid's left eye?  He like can't blink, apparently has been wearing sunglasses around the locker room, and won't look into cameras during press conferences/interviews.  Looks really weird.

Vaxxed?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1687 on: April 23, 2024, 11:06:07 AM »

The coaching yesterday of Nurse and Ham was super questionable to put it mildly.  Why on earth didn't Philly call a time-out before they in-bounded the ball after Brunson bounced in that triple?  They could have advanced the ball.  And no, Nurse did not clearly call a time-out once they had trouble getting the ball in.

You mushed AD declaring him full medieval before crunch time
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1688 on: April 23, 2024, 12:30:36 PM »

You mushed AD declaring him full medieval before crunch time

He's freaking soft if he was influenced by my post.  But I'm happy Denver punked them. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1689 on: April 23, 2024, 12:50:43 PM »

Maybe some dust got embiided in his eye.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1690 on: April 23, 2024, 02:33:20 PM »
Do you know what is great and ironic about the LeBron and AD complaining about the refs? The Lakers have taken 550+ more FT than their opponents, more than double the closest other team. (just heard this on ESPN radio).

• All American
« Reply #1691 on: April 23, 2024, 03:01:24 PM »
I have no sympathy for any beef they have with the officials, but the Lakers shooting a bunch of free throws during the year isn't evidence for any sort of bias.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1692 on: April 23, 2024, 04:11:29 PM »
I have no sympathy for any beef they have with the officials, but the Lakers shooting a bunch of free throws during the year isn't evidence for any sort of bias.

But it does amplify the absurdity of their whining. 

• All American
« Reply #1693 on: April 23, 2024, 04:14:19 PM »
But it does amplify the absurdity of their whining. 

Not really. They may legitimately get fouled a lot.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1694 on: April 23, 2024, 04:20:55 PM »
Apparently one of the Jokic bros punched a fan in the face. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1695 on: April 23, 2024, 05:01:38 PM »
Apparently one of the Jokic bros punched a fan in the face.

Maybe he’s buddies with Tom Cotton
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1696 on: April 23, 2024, 05:08:26 PM »
Hopefully, it was deserved.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1697 on: April 23, 2024, 05:44:57 PM »
Welp, looks like the NBA agrees with the Sixers' "whining" about the no calls.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042300112

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1698 on: April 23, 2024, 06:24:39 PM »

We are all honored to have you, Mr. Adam Silver, on MUScoop.

• All American
« Reply #1699 on: April 23, 2024, 06:26:12 PM »
Welp, looks like the NBA agrees with the Sixers' "whining" about the no calls.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042300112

So the two minute report shows four incorrect actions. One was a defensive three seconds that eventually lead to a Maxey three anyway. One was a foul non-call on Embiid where the Knicks missed a shot and Philly got the rebound.  And there were two that should have been called on the inbounds play.

So one missed call on the Knicks that may have actually benefited the Sixers, one missed call on Philly that lead to missed shot and rebound, and a couple on the same play that lead to a Knicks steal.

Looks like it pretty much balances out to me.

feedback