[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey made it happen?  (Read 49322 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Joey made it happen?
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2019, 09:04:56 PM »
Man you people are something else...there have been people here(like onepost johnson, myself etc) that have tried and tried and tried to tell you guys what happened with all of this, but NO ONE wants to believe it...because it doesn't fit what THEY want to believe. Now, this story comes out on Dodds's site and suddenly people believe that is EXACTLY what happened(because it makes the most sense, which is laughable), so now it's an all out bash Joey fest(the Hauser's in general). The irony in all of this(and not a single person here will believe it so I don't know why I'm even bothering) is it WASN'T Joey that wanted/decided to transfer. That's 100% fact. He was going to go along with whatever was decided, regardless of what that was. But carry on with your bashing Joey if it makes you all feel better.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »
True, the only thing we know as a fact is that Joey was a terrible basketball player on the basketball court for the last 2 months,.who should have spent much more time on the bench.

The explanation above is the better one for him - a new Gary Sheffield who dropped infield popups but after.leaving really works up to his potential and is really good elsewhere. As much as his continual soft bounce passes to opposing players game after.game looked like intentionally dropped I field popups, I do t really believe they were intentional, but the certainly didn't look like we're coming from a player working hard to win.

John

I respect your work and the inferences/opinions you draw from it. I almost always find myself in agreement.

I often agree with Brother dgies takes, too - but this rant is beyond the pale, maybe the worst personal attack I've ever seen here vs a player. An MU grad who's been around as long as he has should know better.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »
People are going to believe what they want to believe, I guess.

If you actually read the story, it is the exact same series of events but told from a different perspective then what you want to believe. You subscribe to world view that no matter what Wojo is to blame but I believe the Hausers had blame in the scenario as did Markus as did Stan.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2019, 09:10:52 PM »
Man you people are something else...there have been people here(like onepost johnson, myself etc) that have tried and tried and tried to tell you guys what happened with all of this, but NO ONE wants to believe it...because it doesn't fit what THEY want to believe. Now, this story comes out on Dodds's site and suddenly people believe that is EXACTLY what happened(because it makes the most sense, which is laughable), so now it's an all out bash Joey fest(the Hauser's in general). The irony in all of this(and not a single person here will believe it so I don't know why I'm even bothering) is it WASN'T Joey that wanted/decided to transfer. That's 100% fact. He was going to go along with whatever was decided, regardless of what that was. But carry on with your bashing Joey if it makes you all feel better.

And you are the same person that said Mayo didn’t have to be dismissed....and saying that drains your currency of credibility on your inside sources.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2019, 09:16:13 PM »
Man you people are something else...there have been people here(like onepost johnson, myself etc) that have tried and tried and tried to tell you guys what happened with all of this, but NO ONE wants to believe it.

It's almost as if people are naturally skeptical of wannabe insiders who anonymously post uncorroborated and unsourced information on internet message boards.
Weird, right?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
And you are the same person that said Mayo didn’t have to be dismissed....and saying that drains your currency of credibility on your inside sources.

mmmmk...I didn't have any info on Mayo, I assumed he was just dismissed because of attitude etc. But i will say, the story I heard was nothing close to the "stealing from teammates" version that was spewed here. I am 100% confident that what i posted above is accurate...people can believe it or not, I give a rat's ass. But i'm tired of seeing people bash Joey because a story came out that they WANT to believe. People want to believe there was collusion to, except the facts said their wasn't...just like the FACTS are Joey was not the one that wanted the transfer.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »
It's almost as if people are naturally skeptical of wannabe insiders who anonymously post uncorroborated and unsourced information on internet message boards.
Weird, right?

Really?? Yet for some reason, people buy the story on Dodds's board as being factual..that comes from a uncorroborated and unsourced information posted on a message board.

Weird, right??

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2019, 09:22:34 PM »
It actually sounds like you care quite a bit that people believe you guru.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:41 PM »
As usual, it can't be "some from Column A and some from Column B."

It's always gotta be black-and-white, "It's so-and-so's fault, I'm right and everybody who disagrees is wrong."

Well ...

Until somebody proves otherwise, I'm going with Wojo is the CEO and he deserves blame for letting the situation get out of control AND the Hausers, particularly Joey, escalated the situation to its sad ending because he's selfish and immature.

Plenty of blame to go around. I find both scenarios totally plausible to the point where they are very likely true.

I'm gonna miss Sam. I won't miss the 10 ppg guy who disappeared for 2 months quite as much. I'm glad we have another year to watch the Big East Player of the Year. I understand why Wojo got the extension but believe he has much to prove both on the court and in recruiting for 2020 (and beyond).

I know that's not as satisfying as "Wojo sucks" or "Joey is a cancer," but that's what I've got.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:35:51 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2019, 09:31:52 PM »
It actually sounds like you care quite a bit that people believe you guru.

No, I really don't...I just HATE when people run with something they see, and believe it to be true(because they want it to be true), and it ends up in bashing a kid that played for Marquette. I'm not an alum, but a vast majority here are...I hear all the time about how proud people are about their MU degrees etc. That's great, they should be...but then they go to bashing an 18-19 year old kid?? Is that REALLY representative of what Marquette University and their alums stand for?? They should be better than that, right??

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
mmmmk...I didn't have any info on Mayo, I assumed he was just dismissed because of attitude etc. But i will say, the story I heard was nothing close to the "stealing from teammates" version that was spewed here. I am 100% confident that what i posted above is accurate...people can believe it or not, I give a rat's ass. But i'm tired of seeing people bash Joey because a story came out that they WANT to believe. People want to believe there was collusion to, except the facts said their wasn't...just like the FACTS are Joey was not the one that wanted the transfer.

You have no info on Mayo but the info you don’t have is also nothing close to what was spewed here. 

Got it
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
You have no info on Mayo but the info you don’t have is also nothing close to what was spewed here. 

Got it

LOL So...let me see if I have this straight...YOU have inside info, that is always 100% factual(ie sexual assault, Mayo etc), yet, no one else can ever have info that's correct, right?? What you say, is the way it is, isn't that right?? No one ever knows the true story except for Chicos...got it. My god are you ever arrogant.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2019, 09:39:42 PM »

LOL So...let me see if I have this straight...YOU have inside info, that is always 100% factual(ie sexual assault, Mayo etc), yet, no one else can ever have info that's correct, right?? What you say, is the way it is, isn't that right?? No one ever knows the true story except for Chicos...got it. My god are you ever arrogant.

I’m just repeating what you said.  Feel free to correct it.  What did I capture wrong.  You don’t have any info on Mayo...your words....but the info you herd (contradicting that you didn’t have any) was nothing close to what was “spewed” here.  Feel free to correct it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2019, 09:45:19 PM »
No, I really don't...I just HATE when people run with something they see, and believe it to be true(because they want it to be true), and it ends up in bashing a kid that played for Marquette.

Except you're doing the same thing. You are running with something you saw and believe to be true.

I heard multiple accounts of the story onepost shared. I certainly think that's one perception of it. I think this new story is another perception. I think there's truth in all the stories & probably exaggerations in all the stories. Because that's how stories work. Two people can watch the same thing and come away with different conclusions.

Hell. Just look at all the people that think Daniel LaRusso was the Karate Kid when Johnny was obviously the hero.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2019, 09:51:56 PM »
People are going to believe what they want to believe, I guess.

You nailed it.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »
Except you're doing the same thing. You are running with something you saw and believe to be true.

I heard multiple accounts of the story onepost shared. I certainly think that's one perception of it. I think this new story is another perception. I think there's truth in all the stories & probably exaggerations in all the stories. Because that's how stories work. Two people can watch the same thing and come away with different conclusions.

Hell. Just look at all the people that think Daniel LaRusso was the Karate Kid when Johnny was obviously the hero.

And that's fair..but my point is..regardless of anyone's views on the story, why does it have to result in people bashing on kids? That's where I think it crosses a line..what happened happened..but that doesn't give people the right to lambaste Joey, or Sam or Markus or whoever..people should be better than that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »
And that's fair..but my point is..regardless of anyone's views on the story, why does it have to result in people bashing on kids? That's where I think it crosses a line..what happened happened..but that doesn't give people the right to lambaste Joey, or Sam or Markus or whoever..people should be better than that.

Maybe we shouldn't lambast the coaches either. I mean, they're all legally adults, no?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2019, 10:24:08 PM »
I don't bash Warriors.

Once you are Floppy McDickgrabber's teammate, you are the enemy. If I can "bash" Floppy, I can bash his teammates.

If guru and others never bash Floppy or Myles Powell or any other "kids" who play against the Warriors, I commend them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2019, 02:39:06 AM »

Guru I've seen you go nuts on entire generations of their age group, seen you go nuts on posters here who could very well be a couple years older than them, and you've gone nuts on the coaches as well who are just as much legally adults as the two legal adults that transferred. Time to stop calling them kids.

In fact I'd argue that saying a particular young adult is soft is actually better than when you lump entire generations together (sometimes two generations into one) and call them soft, non competitive etc. how can you stand on a soap box preaching about not calling out the kids when you call out their entire generation? For literally the exact reason that people on here are calling them out?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:02:01 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2019, 06:51:20 AM »

I think the bashing of Joey here is in poor taste as well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »

This. 

First, it was a totally illegal move.  Second, Daniel was the one who initially moved in on Johnny's girl, then a couple weeks later he's in Okinawa mackin on the townies.  Third, he basically sends Johnny's life into a downward spiral while he goes on to raise two of his own spoiled brats. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel somehow was indirectly responsible for Johnny's mom's death.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2019, 08:50:40 AM »
This. 

First, it was a totally illegal move.  Second, Daniel was the one who initially moved in on Johnny's girl, then a couple weeks later he's in Okinawa mackin on the townies.  Third, he basically sends Johnny's life into a downward spiral while he goes on to raise two of his own spoiled brats. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Daniel somehow was indirectly responsible for Johnny's mom's death.
you have to watch cobra kai..great show

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2019, 09:01:09 AM »
you have to watch cobra kai..great show

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »
The Hausers are good ballplayers.    They don't turn water into wine.    The program existed prior to their arrival and it appears there will still be a season after they left.        For whatever reason, they decided they could not co-exist with Wojo and Markus.    So they left.      Time to move on.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »
John

I respect your work and the inferences/opinions you draw from it. I almost always find myself in agreement.

I often agree with Brother dgies takes, too - but this rant is beyond the pale, maybe the worst personal attack I've ever seen here vs a player. An MU grad who's been around as long as he has should know better.

Brother Lenny:

I often agree with you as well. And I appreciate your comments, even when we don't agree. Maybe I should know better, but to clarify, I've said this from the beginning:

1) Like Brother MU82, I agree that this is a massive management failure. Brother MU82 is right -- Wojo is CEO. He either should never have recruited Joey Hauser or should have moved to stop the problem ASAP. It is my opinion that this had a debilitating effect on us late in the season (along with exhaustion, but that is another story).

2) Management or not, the way this happened shows a lack of maturity on the part of Joey Hauser. Period. Many will argue these are 19- and 20-year-old college students, but when one accepts a scholarship (payment for service) and makes a commitment, one should live up to it. Looking just at what we can see in the videotapes, it was clear Joey Hauser had some growing to do to be a good college ballplayer. The young man had talent but he needed refinement.

3) My personal view is that Joey Hauser was an outstanding high school basketball player. While I can't speak to what happened in AAU leagues, I suspect he was a BMOC at SPASH and suddenly wasn't the BMOC at Marquette. He won't be at Michigan State, Virginia or, perhaps, Wisconsin either. We've seen high school players who were court geniuses come to Marquette and suddenly have hidden weaknesses exposed because the quality of talent in the Big East is exponentially better than anything they've seen. I went to high school years ago with two all-staters who led our school to a second-place finish in the state tournament. They went to Vanderbilt and were below-average college players. My point is that Joey Hauser, while a better-than-average freshman, had weaknesses exposed. He was no Markus and he was no Sam -- at least not last year -- either. As Al said, the best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores.

I'm perhaps different than most people here in that I believe college basketball is a job. You're getting paid and Coach Wojo is your boss. I'll also agree that if I don't like my boss, I can leave and find other employment, subject to certain non-compete, non-solicitation agreements. Same for Joey. I don't begrudge him the right to leave but I do question (again, solely on what I see), the motivation for doing so.

Make no mistake about it. I'd be a lot happier if the Brothers Hauser were in the fold for next year. I thought Joey was a "huge" get last year and I still think he has enough talent that, if his attitude is good, he will be a great player.

My somewhat tongue-in-cheek criticism yesterday is predicated on two things. First is various commentaries on what happened this year and what we've heard since the transfer.

Secondly, I didn't and still don't understand Sam. The value to Sam of one more year at Marquette followed by a professional contract, as I pointed out, was huge. This was and IS the same argument my fellow Scoopers made for Henry Ellenson leaving after a year to turn pro (the present value of a professional contract in Year 1 versus Year 2 over the life of Mr. Ellenson's career). Deferring the NBA by the "sit-out" year, the Developmental League or Europe a year and losing a year of a professional life is a very expensive proposition.

I love my brothers too. But I kinda don't think their fights are my fights. More importantly, in a job, if you know you have but a year left at an assignment, you sometimes grin and bear it because it's in your best interest to do so.

Brother Lenny, I do think that the rumors among college basketball circles will work against Joey somewhat, just as rumors and opinions about any "hard to handle" professional make the rounds. I don't want to be Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank and argue, "he's dead to me." I hope Joey grows up and finds himself.

feedback