[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next Years Roster  (Read 11701 times)

barfolomew

• All American
Re: Next Years Roster
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »
Now THAT, my friends, would be Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Alderaan combined!

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, then were suddenly silenced... by repetitive arguments.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2019, 03:21:02 PM »
While we're at it: Coach K retires after winning the championship. Wojo signs on the dotted line and goes back to Duke after losing to Duke in the Championship game. Terrence de-comitts, Sam, Joey and Markus declare for the NBA, the rest of the team are released from their LOIs and free to go else where. MU hires Ners as its next coach. I think that should do it.

Ners hires Deonte to coach defense, and coaches dunking himself.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2019, 03:27:31 PM »
I think Jay Bee said it best. This thread is not helpful.

As much as we pretend that they don't, players absolutely read sites like this. Not all of them, but some do. A player reading about transfer speculation when there is no smoke can feel a lot like "they don't want me here" or "they don't think I can cut it here." Now, chances are most either don't read it or brush it off and say "who cares what those old farts think?" Others may take it personally. Parents, family members, and potential recruits also read fan sites and might have some thoughts about threads like this.

The way I see it, threads like this most likely have zero impact. They definitely have zero positive impact. If they have any impact at all, it would likely be negative. That's why I personally don't participate in them but don't fault anyone who does. After all we are fans, other than cheering (or jeering) our team, pointless speculation is the thing we are best at.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2019, 04:53:01 PM »
That's why I personally don't participate in them

Umm....  ^^^^^^

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »
I think Jay Bee said it best. This thread is not helpful.

As much as we pretend that they don't, players absolutely read sites like this. Not all of them, but some do. A player reading about transfer speculation when there is no smoke can feel a lot like "they don't want me here" or "they don't think I can cut it here." Now, chances are most either don't read it or brush it off and say "who cares what those old farts think?" Others may take it personally. Parents, family members, and potential recruits also read fan sites and might have some thoughts about threads like this.

The way I see it, threads like this most likely have zero impact. They definitely have zero positive impact. If they have any impact at all, it would likely be negative. That's why I personally don't participate in them but don't fault anyone who does. After all we are fans, other than cheering (or jeering) our team, pointless speculation is the thing we are best at.

OMG. This thread isn't "helpful"? How many are? Any? What does that even mean? I'd say this thread is neutral - plenty on here are downright negative. It's a message board about Marquette basketball. Sometimes it's a pep rally but this would be an awfully boring place if that's all it was.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2019, 08:45:43 PM »
Umm....  ^^^^^^

Should have rephrased to I don't participate in speculation about transfers when there is no smoke.

OMG. This thread isn't "helpful"? How many are? Any? What does that even mean? I'd say this thread is neutral - plenty on here are downright negative. It's a message board about Marquette basketball. Sometimes it's a pep rally but this would be an awfully boring place if that's all it was.

I don't think this disagrees with anything I said so I'm not sure why the OMG.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 08:55:48 PM »
Oh we can and have done far dumber than this.
Challenge accepted!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
This is just a discussion, what do you want to discuss. College basketball today is very fluid, not like years ago when kids made a decision and played 4 years for a college.  Grad transfer. Is part of the dynamics of this era. MU has been involved since Wojo recruited Carlino  I would not be surprised if it happens again this year. 700 kids transferred last year, part of the landscape, if you want to keep your head in the sand that’s fine, I am sure Wojo is not.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2019, 09:02:16 PM »
Oh we can and have done far dumber than this.
Like the 'Fire Wojo' threads.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2019, 09:53:45 PM »
Like the 'Fire Wojo' threads.

I'd take the Fire Wojo threads over the "These 4 players are probably transferring" threads.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
I reject the "players might read something on Scoop so we have to be extra careful" argument.

It's a fan site. I recommend players stay off it. If they decide to check it out, caveat emptor.

Having said that ... as a poster, I try not to trash 20-year-old kids because it's the right thing to do.

It does not appear most folks here are ripping anybody, just speculating. Not my cup of tea, but it's what a lot of fans like to do and, again, it's a fan site.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
I’m focused on this year but it’s hard not to think about next years team, they lose only Joe C. and Matt, and add Koby and Greg, if they both prove to play good D, in addition to the improved versions of our 3 stars (if Markus comes back) then if this team adds another solid grad player or something, that team could be a 1 seed and go all the way. Exciting to think about. But remember when we all were talking about how good they’d be after Vander came back for his senior year? They haven’t even won a tournament game since then. So let’s focus on the team now.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2019, 12:24:24 PM »
I’m focused on this year but it’s hard not to think about next years team, they lose only Joe C. and Matt, and add Koby and Greg, if they both prove to play good D, in addition to the improved versions of our 3 stars (if Markus comes back) then if this team adds another solid grad player or something, that team could be a 1 seed and go all the way. Exciting to think about. But remember when we all were talking about how good they’d be after Vander came back for his senior year? They haven’t even won a tournament game since then. So let’s focus on the team now.

I am totally focused on this year but in 2 months the season is over, so not that far away.  Goes very fast.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »

I'd be shocked to see Wojo in on the grad transfer market unless Markus leaves.  Too many dudes that need the ball, especially with Kobe in the mix.

Definitely think Wojo is on the traditional transfer market.  Try to land best player available to sit out a year and help once Markus, Sam, Sacar and Ed graduate. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2019, 05:49:17 PM »
I'd be shocked to see Wojo in on the grad transfer market unless Markus leaves.  Too many dudes that need the ball, especially with Kobe in the mix.

Definitely think Wojo is on the traditional transfer market.  Try to land best player available to sit out a year and help once Markus, Sam, Sacar and Ed graduate.
I agree with this analysis.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »

I'd love to see a freshman or sophomore big man transfer. Unless we can land Dawson Garcia somewhat early I think that's the route to go.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

lessthannick11

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2019, 12:18:55 PM »
Still can't see Markus leaving, but I think the comparison fits. Ponds is the last pick of the first round

The first version of [/size]The Athletic’s 2019 NBA Mock Draft [/color][/size]is here![/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size]44. Minnesota Timberwolves (via MIA) — Markus Howard, Marquette[/color]
[/size]Howard is about as good a shooter as you’ll find. He’s just an absolute knockdown guy from within 30 feet, off the catch or off the dribble. Defensive questions are real, as he’s under 6-foot and doesn’t have much in the way of length. But as a shot-maker, he’s could carve out an Eddie House-like role.[/color]
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]