Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahmed Hill to play in Ball Is Life All American Game  (Read 5729 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Ahmed Hill to play in Ball Is Life All American Game
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
Ahmed Hill (Marquette) looks sooo much better than
Ahmed Hill (Undecided).

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
Until he says something to the contrary, he is now properly described as:

Ahmed Hill (Marquette)

Remember he already signed a NLI and Wojo was been here for 10 days and Hill has not asked for his release.

I think that everyday that passes without him asking for his release increases our odds of keeping him.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »
Until he says something to the contrary, he is now properly described as:

Ahmed Hill (Marquette)

Remember he already signed a NLI and Wojo was been here for 10 days and Hill has not asked for his release.

I think that everyday that passes without him asking for his release increases our odds of keeping him.

I would concur that silence is golden. But since Hill warned Wojo that he's staying unless he hears something he doesn't like maybe Wojo thought to himself, "Hmmm...I better shut the f uck up and stop talking to Hill altogether..."

Could be, you know. Could very well be.

Death on call

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
I'd feel much more comfortable if it was 10 days outside of the quiet period.  Once the quiet period ends, he'll have a lot more coaches formally contacting him with offers.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:27:01 PM »
I'd feel much more comfortable if it was 10 days outside of the quiet period.  Once the quiet period ends, he'll have a lot more coaches formally contacting him with offers.

I'm thinkin' Mr. Hill already has a pocketful of offers from other schools, despite the prohibition on contacting signed recruits.

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »

No one can formally contact a signed recruit no matter what period it is.  If he wants to talk to the coach ... if he wants a coach to talk to him directly without the coach getting busted by the NCAA, he has to get a release from MU.  The first step in this process is asking for it.  To date he has not.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:29 PM »
The polish hammer needs to lock Hill down. 

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 09:41:22 PM »
Back channels are always in use...you can count on it.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 09:47:17 PM »
I really do think Marquette needs to grow a pair and hold these kids accountable. All Bill Cords needs to do when any of these guys call asking to be released is to say, "Now look you sonuvabitch, you signed a contract so you're coming to Marquette. I don't give  sh1t that we fired Bert you signed with Marquette and not some hillbilly con job. Now, what size shoes can we order for you?"

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »
Back channels are always in use...you can count on it.

It was interesting that in the case of Sandy Cohen, the vast majority of recruiting gurus changed their prediction of Cohen's school choice to Minnesota before he had a release.  So yeah, back channels, and not necessarily quiet ones.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:17 PM »
I really do think Marquette needs to grow a pair and hold these kids accountable. All Bill Cords needs to do when any of these guys call asking to be released is to say, "Now look you sonuvabitch, you signed a contract so you're coming to Marquette. I don't give  sh1t that we fired Bert you signed with Marquette and not some hillbilly con job. Now, what size shoes can we order for you?"

Easy Keefe!  You act as if someone's cellphone went off!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »

Have to be careful as having a kid "forced" to be on your team.  Having someone that does not want to be there can be a real problem for any organization.

That said, I agree that at some point in the future MU will have to say, "you had your chance to ask for a release and that period is now closed.  See you in Milwaukee at the end of the summer."

My guess is the window to ask for your release closes around May 1.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:06 PM »
Have to be careful as having a kid "forced" to be on your team.  Having someone that does not want to be there can be a real problem for any organization.

That said, I agree that at some point in the future MU will have to say, "you had your chance to ask for a release and that period is now closed.  See you in Milwaukee at the end of the summer."

My guess is the window to ask for your release closes around May 1.

Keefe is just joking around ....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
Keefe is just joking around ....

Don't be so sure...Keefe is very big on one's word being their bond.

Personally, I don't view these as contracts. They are scholarships. Kids should have a right to go to school wherever they want. Student first, athlete second.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brandx

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »

Personally, I don't view these as contracts. They are scholarships. Kids should have a right to go to school wherever they want. Student first, athlete second.

I think Keefe is joking, as well.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »

Not in this case. The reality is the kids buy into a coach and not the school so I get how they would want to follow him should he leave.

What I find interesting is that kids on a NLI are given that grace while the freshman on the team is not. I guess I don't understand how one year's seniority makes a difference and yet it does.

At the end of the day it is a buyer's market until you drive the car home then the dealer holds all the cards.

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
SoCal MU alums and fans...SHOW UP!

For those who can't make it! :)
SS Marquette

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
Not in this case. The reality is the kids buy into a coach and not the school so I get how they would want to follow him should he leave.

What I find interesting is that kids on a NLI are given that grace while the freshman on the team is not. I guess I don't understand how one year's seniority makes a difference and yet it does.

At the end of the day it is a buyer's market until you drive the car home until you sign the paperwork (in most states) then the dealer holds all the cards.

FIFY Keefe
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

goinUptown

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 07:41:39 AM »

Okay, I never post but have read this board voraciously ever since it started.  Keefe, that was about the funniest thing I've ever read here, and there have been some very funny things written here.  Thanks for the entertainment.  I thought it about time I contribute if even slightly.

Sincerely,
goinUptown