collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Smollett charges dropped  (Read 20116 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Smollett charges dropped
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »
Funny thing. If I make any positive statement about Barrack on this board, the snowflakes melt down and I hear from the mods. Yet others are Allowed to attack those on the left with comments like these.

Interesting how that works.

My God, GEORGE SOROS IS EVIL.  :-\

Maybe because she is providing straight facts. Just a thought.  Nothing she said was out of bounds or not of fact.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
He probably wouldn’t ever get involved in this, but sooner rather than later, this is going to politically become a problem for Kwame Raoul. The ILPBA statement was damning and now the question becomes is the Cook County SA office compromised? Raoul has strategically been quiet here, not by accident.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2019, 04:16:17 PM »
As stated, it’s a former not current aide to Michelle Obama, and I haven’t seen anything anywhere that says she reached out on behalf of Michelle. It would make no sense for Michelle to have inserted herself, there is no indication she knows Smollett at all.
I haven’t seen anyone asking the prosecutors why it was an emergency hearing, which is one of the most startling things about this. It’s one of the things being discussed in my FB group of current and former PD’s.
Some of us are already discussing who might take Foxx on next year. Kwame just took office and holds it for at least four years, he has a much bigger base than Foxx does, I don’t see fallout for him.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »
As stated, it’s a former not current aide to Michelle Obama, and I haven’t seen anything anywhere that says she reached out on behalf of Michelle. It would make no sense for Michelle to have inserted herself, there is no indication she knows Smollett at all.

I agree with your first couple points, but I've seen pictures from several different occasions when Smollett and Michelle Obama were together.  While that doesn't mean they were BFF or anything, it's certainly some indication that she knows him at least a bit.

But, you're correct that there is no indication Michelle Obama inserted herself here.  Without some evidence -- and I've seen none -- I'm not willing to blame Michelle Obama for the actions of a former aide.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2019, 04:35:30 PM »
Seriously?  Is there anything that's not factual in chick's statement?

This.  Not an attack at all. 

Apparently, calling jockey a snowflake is also not an attack.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2019, 04:48:43 PM »
Point taken on the photos.
Tina Tchen was a high-powered and connected lawyer well before the election of Barack Obama to the Senate, much less the presidency.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
Maybe because she is providing straight facts. Just a thought.  Nothing she said was out of bounds or not of fact.

Spot on.  Nothing ever bad could happen by flippingly making accusations that George Soros and the Obamas are secretly involved in overturning our government.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2019, 04:58:04 PM »
Tina Tchen was a high-powered and connected lawyer well before the election of Barack Obama to the Senate, much less the presidency.

Agreed.  I'm not willing to blame Michelle Obama for Tina Tchen's actions.  Honestly, the impression I got was that Tchen knew Smollett's family and that was her interest in the case.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2019, 04:58:58 PM »
In Cook County, a Democratic judge can be rated Not Qualified and still be re-elected in a landslide.  He or she can be the worst judge on the planet (Cynthia Brim) and get re-elected in Cook County.  Steven Watkins was rated qualified in 2014.  Of course he wins in a landslide.
Yeah?  And at the Federal level, the Republican Senate can confirm 6 (and counting) Not Qualified rated judges to lifetime positions.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republicans-confirm-trump-judge-not-qualified_n_5c0fff13e4b0ac5371797422

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2019, 05:08:06 PM »
Seriously?  Is there anything that's not factual in chick's statement?

I've PURPOSEFULLY not articulated the very plausible explanation for all of this that is widely circulating right now.  Go do your research.

Piecing what may be entirely factual, yet unrelated statements together into a single story is where you are wrong.

I went to a Catholic university. Many Catholic priests are/were sexual abusers, pedophiles, and nun rapists. Therefore, there is a connection between the two (I must support pedophiles, or in fact, I am a pedophile).

Sounding logical is not the same thing as actually being logical. But, I guess the sounding part is the important aspect on the internet. Further proof of inanity is simply mentioning George Soros in the first place. Yeah, I'll go do my research on 4chan now - that is where reality originates for some.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
Yeah?  And at the Federal level, the Republican Senate can confirm 6 (and counting) Not Qualified rated judges to lifetime positions.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/republicans-confirm-trump-judge-not-qualified_n_5c0fff13e4b0ac5371797422

I really don't know anything about this, but I find the phrase, "a record high for a president in the first two years of his or her term" to be oddly specific.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2019, 05:19:55 PM »
IBTL.  By the way, I doubt the Obamas are directly involved too.  Nothing in it for them.  That of course doesn't mean others aren't.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2019, 05:58:26 PM »
IBTL.  By the way, I doubt the Obamas are directly involved too.  Nothing in it for them.  That of course doesn't mean others aren't.

That's the best you can do?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »
Ban a lot of dis guys
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »

Someone took it off the rails......but if you are going there, how many fully qualified ones were still voted down by the RESIST / NO / NEVER group.   I guess ABA ratings only matter, until they don't...eh?

And it matters now, but didn't then?  Ah....hmm.  Yup, one guy has more than others, but each of the last 5 have had multiple that came back unqualified.  I'm sure you were very upset about it then, too.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 06:49:10 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2019, 06:40:40 PM »
That's the best you can do?

No.  I'm just steering clear.  Big difference.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
I really don't know anything about this, but I find the phrase, "a record high for a president in the first two years of his or her term" to be oddly specific.
I would guess that is because the current president is only two years into office, so that would be the only way to do an apples to apples comparison.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2019, 07:00:18 PM »
Someone took it off the rails......but if you are going there, how many fully qualified ones were still voted down by the RESIST / NO / NEVER group.   I guess ABA ratings only matter, until they don't...eh?

And it matters now, but didn't then?  Ah....hmm.  Yup, one guy has more than others, but each of the last 5 have had multiple that came back unqualified.  I'm sure you were very upset about it then, too.
None.  The Dems haven't controlled the Senate since 2014.

And, Obama had zero Non-Qualified, per the page you briefly linked to:

So, yeah, the rankings matter...until they matter.

EDIT: For spelling...but editing appears to wipe out the link somehow.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 07:02:02 PM by TSmith34 »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2019, 07:16:28 PM »
None.  The Dems haven't controlled the Senate since 2014.

And, Obama had zero Non-Qualified, per the page you briefly linked to:

So, yeah, the rankings matter...until they matter.

EDIT: For spelling...but editing appears to wipe out the link somehow.

Didn't prevent him from trying to get them through.  About 10% of his nominees were rated unqualified.  About 8% of BC's, some of those actually getting through.  Again, I'm sure you were highly concerned that they were even nominated.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2019, 10:47:53 PM »
Lots of people looking for invites to the moron bucket ‘round here. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2019, 08:08:32 AM »
Didn't prevent him from trying to get them through.  About 10% of his nominees were rated unqualified.  About 8% of BC's, some of those actually getting through.  Again, I'm sure you were highly concerned that they were even nominated.
None of Obama's nominees were rated Non Qualified, unless you somehow change the definition to something other than the actual definition, as the article bizarrely tried to do.

But here is the point: Lighthouse bemoaned the fact that Not Qualified county judges can get elected in Cook county.  I pointed out we have much more serious issue at the Federal level where such nominees are being handed lifetime appointments, by people (Senators) that should presumably know better than common voters.  The fact is, they fully understand the implications, which is why they are shoving them through.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »
This thread's really going places.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2019, 02:20:17 PM »
This.  Not an attack at all. 

Apparently, calling jockey a snowflake is also not an attack.

You absolutely know - as does almost everyone on this board - that the two words "George Soros" are a Fox News right-wing dog whistle. If all you guys wanna plead ignorance, I will have no trouble agreeing.

My bigger point, however, is that it is interesting that anytime I, or 82, or Muta, or a couple others make any reference to politics, even peripherally, we hear from the mods. For others? It's a little different.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2019, 02:39:43 PM »
You absolutely know - as does almost everyone on this board - that the two words "George Soros" are a Fox News right-wing dog whistle. If all you guys wanna plead ignorance, I will have no trouble agreeing.

My bigger point, however, is that it is interesting that anytime I, or 82, or Muta, or a couple others make any reference to politics, even peripherally, we hear from the mods. For others? It's a little different.

^^^ ban dis gf-individual
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2019, 11:10:07 AM »
None of Obama's nominees were rated Non Qualified, unless you somehow change the definition to something other than the actual definition, as the article bizarrely tried to do.

But here is the point: Lighthouse bemoaned the fact that Not Qualified county judges can get elected in Cook county.  I pointed out we have much more serious issue at the Federal level where such nominees are being handed lifetime appointments, by people (Senators) that should presumably know better than common voters.  The fact is, they fully understand the implications, which is why they are shoving them through.
   All I was saying is that on the state level, when voters are choosing whether they should be retained or not, most judges will get retained.  Throw in the fact that it's Cook County, a democrat judge is almost always going to get retained.  When Cynthia Brim can get retained, anyone can get retained.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

feedback