collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2 Beers a Week?????  (Read 3204 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: 2 Beers a Week?????
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2023, 10:07:08 AM »
  i know you guys are just so much smarter
Yes
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2023, 10:17:52 AM »
I miss standing up in the back of station wagons.   Obviously, I was younger.  And it is how I got the scar between my eyebrows.  And required dental work.  But man, those were the days.   Stupid seatbelts and car seats.

As one of 4 kids in the 60s, I had a brother break his arm when we were all piled into the back of the station wagon and my mom stopped suddenly. Everyone filed it under "stuff happens".

We had a "car seat" but it wasn't about safely in a crash - it was designed to keep the youngest kid from crawling around in the car.

The worst part about being a kid in a car during that era was having parents who smoked. Either they kept the windows rolled up and we had to breathe the secondhand smoke, or they would flick the ashes out the window. Once a hot ash flew back in and hit me right in the eye.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2023, 10:31:29 AM »
Ooh I need a buzz, babe;
Guess you know it's true.
Give me brews I love, babe;
Cold IPAs will do.
Sate me, satiate me ... sate me, satiate me.
Just please don't cap me at
Two beers a week.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2023, 11:06:00 AM »
It would have been easier to just answer “no.”

Lol!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2023, 11:23:55 AM »
As one of 4 kids in the 60s, I had a brother break his arm when we were all piled into the back of the station wagon and my mom stopped suddenly. Everyone filed it under "stuff happens".

We had a "car seat" but it wasn't about safely in a crash - it was designed to keep the youngest kid from crawling around in the car.

The worst part about being a kid in a car during that era was having parents who smoked. Either they kept the windows rolled up and we had to breathe the secondhand smoke, or they would flick the ashes out the window. Once a hot ash flew back in and hit me right in the eye.

My "car seat" in the late 70s was a bouncy seat with the seat belt ran through the legs.  From the seat, of course

My MIL quit smoking after she flicked an ash into my wife's eye in the backseat.  😅

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2023, 02:48:18 PM »
  see below

I didn't see an answer to this:

Do you know why we got rid of lead in gasoline (or paint) and why we stopped using asbestos?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2023, 11:37:08 AM »
I can do only two.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2023, 06:09:42 PM »
I can do only two.

Well played pbi.