[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lunardi Bracketology  (Read 14252 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Lunardi Bracketology
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »
11 seed, last team in with a bye (buy? bi? by?) game.  I know the season hasn't started or anything but just seeing our name in talks again makes me so happy

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=36&region=2&year=2016
Maigh Eo for Sam

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Lunardi Bracketology
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
11 seed, last team in with a bye (buy? bi? by?) game.  I know the season hasn't started or anything but just seeing our name in talks again makes me so happy

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?iteration=36&region=2&year=2016

Thanks for Posting, it give me more support for my Optimism for this team.  I really like the Blend of returning and incoming players.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »
Yeeeeeesssssss!

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:34:59 AM »
Under this scenario, the Big East would get 5 teams in - which seems about right.  I think us, Providence and Creighton will be battling for the 5th spot (behind Villanova, Georgetown, Xavier and Butler).

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »
Okay, HUGE asterisk.  Bucky a #4???  C'mon man.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
Under this scenario, the Big East would get 5 teams in - which seems about right.  I think us, Providence and Creighton will be battling for the 5th spot (behind Villanova, Georgetown, Xavier and Butler).

Out of curiosity did Butler add anything big from last year? Because I didn't think they were that impressive. We were one Duane, Matt or Derrick hitting a shot in the last 1:55 from taking the first game against them.

I agree though I think we'll probably be battling for #5. I don't think Creighton will be as good as people expect.   
Maigh Eo for Sam

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
Out of curiosity did Butler add anything big from last year? Because I didn't think they were that impressive. We were one Duane, Matt or Derrick hitting a shot in the last 1:55 from taking the first game against them.

I agree though I think we'll probably be battling for #5. I don't think Creighton will be as good as people expect.

The key addition for Butler is Tyler Lewis who sat last year after spending 2 years at NC state. He plays pg and is a former McD All American. Averaged 4.4 pts and 3.8 assists for NC st. I see him playing well in Butlers system, definitely a worthy replacement for Barlow

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »

A former high school All American point guard in Tyler Lewis. He transferred from N.C. State. I have no idea what their recruiting class looks like.

Also if this was our bracket I'd pick us to go to the final 4.
Bring back FFP!!!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
11 seed, last team in with a bye (buy? bi? by?) game. 

I'm "curious" about what a "bi" game would be like... perhaps you can make baskets at either end?

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
Whew. We are in as 11 seed.

Now that I know the season's outcome, I can sit back, relax and enjoy watching the upcoming games.

Well .....I'll still be too nervous to actually watch them live....I DVR the game, find out the score, then watch it knowing this is going to be a win or loss .

Watching a win and knowing its a win are fun ...losses are background watched while I surf the screaming negative postings here (still entertaining)
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
Whew. We are in as 11 seed.

Now that I know the season's outcome, I can sit back, relax and enjoy watching the upcoming games.

Well .....I'll still be too nervous to actually watch them live....I DVR the game, find out the score, then watch it knowing this is going to be a win or loss .

Watching a win and knowing its a win are fun ...losses are background watched while I surf the screaming negative postings here (still entertaining)

Posted this as a way to say there's at least some hype around the program again, read the second sentence of the two sentences posted. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 12:14:03 PM »
A former high school All American point guard in Tyler Lewis. He transferred from N.C. State. I have no idea what their recruiting class looks like.

Also if this was our bracket I'd pick us to go to the final 4.

You'd lose a lot of money.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »
Posted this as a way to say there's at least some hype around the program again, read the second sentence of the two sentences posted.
I read and fully understood your post. I am happy too, but....
 I wish you understood mine  was merely some "teal" like humor
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 12:16:27 PM »
Okay, HUGE asterisk.  Bucky a #4???  C'mon man.

They will be a six seed or better.

And we will be a 9 seed or better.

Been saying as much for a while.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:11:20 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »
I'm "curious" about what a "bi" game would be like... perhaps you can make baskets at either end?

I would have to think a bi-game would make women's basketball much more popular.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mike_long

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
Can someone post what Goodman wrote? I saw MU was tagged

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:30 PM »

And we will be a top 9 seed or better.

Hope that's right.  I'd take it.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 01:08:53 PM »
Hope that's right.  I'd take it.

Absolutely.

I just want MU to be back in the damn tournament. The S16-S16-E8 run caused me to take Marquette's success for granted. I don't care if we're a first round flame out, just get our boys back in the dance.

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »
Can someone post what Goodman wrote? I saw MU was tagged

"NOT BUYING THESE TEAMS

Marquette Golden Eagles

I'm a huge fan of skilled freshman Henry Ellenson, but I think Steve Wojciechowski is still a year or two away from going dancing. There's just not enough on the roster."

Goodman is not too high on us.

Also from Lunardi's piece:
"• We touched a bit above on the Big East, which Villanova has dominated to the tune of a 32-4 league record (.889) the past two seasons. The good news for Year 3 of the reconfigured conference is that Villanova might be just as good -- count me among the Jalen Brunson fans -- while the likes of Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette and St. John's all look as good or better than we thought in April. A lesser seed for the Wildcats could actually signify improvement for the conference overall."

Lunardi is a Big East believer.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:22:15 PM by MUchamp22 »

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 01:23:19 PM »

"NOT BUYING THESE TEAMS

Marquette Golden Eagles

I'm a huge fan of skilled freshman Henry Ellenson, but I think Steve Wojciechowski is still a year or two away from going dancing. There's just not enough on the roster."

Goodman is not a fan.
Can someone please post a GIF of Hansel illustrating his indifference.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 01:26:36 PM »

"NOT BUYING THESE TEAMS

Marquette Golden Eagles

Goodman is not too high on us.

"• We touched a bit above on the Big East, which Villanova has dominated to the tune of a 32-4 league record (.889) the past two seasons. The good news for Year 3 of the reconfigured conference is that Villanova might be just as good -- count me among the Jalen Brunson fans -- while the likes of Georgetown, Butler, Xavier, Marquette and St. John's all look as good or better than we thought in April. A lesser seed for the Wildcats could actually signify improvement for the conference overall."

Have they not looked at SJU's roster?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 01:30:56 PM »
Unless this is a Kentucky-like freshman class, I agree with Goodman.   IMO, MU will be better, but is really playing for 16-17.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 02:15:45 PM »

St. Joe's to the BE?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »

And we will be a 9 seed or better.

To high on both IMHO. Bucky loses too much and will rely heavily on unheralded freshmen. We will be better but unless Henry is Jahil Okafor abd Carter is at least Dom James, I see us falling short
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 02:25:49 PM »
To high on both IMHO. Bucky loses too much and will rely heavily on unheralded freshmen. We will be better but unless Henry is Jahil Okafor abd Carter is at least Dom James, I see us falling short

If we have the 2nd best player in college basketball and one of the top 20 players ever to play at Marquette plus 2 other All Big East caliber players (Luke and Duane), we are a serious Final Four contender.

Henry will need to be as good as, say, a guy like Jamil Wilson and Carter will need to be as good as a guy like Junior Cadougan and we're dancing.

People who continue to site the need for our freshman to be "as good as Kentucky's" in order for us to make the NCAA Tournament are way, way overboard.  Kentucky's freshman led them to a 38-0 start to their season.  They were one of the best teams in the history of college basketball.  We do not need them to be anywhere near as good as Kentucky's freshman or Jahlil Okafor or even Dominic James.  Those caliber players lead top 5-10 teams in the country.  We need to be a top (roughly) 40 team in the country.