[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Terrell Schlundt  (Read 13949 times)

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
Terrell Schlundt
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:52:57 AM »
Ran into Terrell. He is working as a debt collector these days. I remember his jump shot - nothing but clothes line! Marquardt would fight for position only to have Terrell's miscues carom straight back on a rope. One time, one of his shots hit iron and went all the way back and out of bounds at the other end. Doc Rivers bent over laughing.

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
Re: Terrell Schlundt
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:42 AM »
Great memory!  Is TS still in this neck of the woods, or has he returned to the north country?
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »
Always good to hear of a Terrell Schlundt sighting. Brings back some good memories.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:06:12 AM »
Ran into Terrell. He is working as a debt collector these days. I remember his jump shot - nothing but clothes line! Marquardt would fight for position only to have Terrell's miscues carom straight back on a rope. One time, one of his shots hit iron and went all the way back and out of bounds at the other end. Doc Rivers bent over laughing.

Clarification...he is an executive - last I knew, VP of Sales, for a national debt collection company.  Lives in Oconomowoc.  His son TJ may start for Cooney varsity as a freshman.  

Why the hate on Terrell?  He's a good guy.  The epitomy of what MU turns out into the community. 

GOO

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
Maybe my memory is faulty.  But I remember him having a very high tear drop jump shot.  :)
He was a good player and seems like a good citizen.  I agree, why the hate?

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Clarification...he is an executive - last I knew, VP of Sales, for a national debt collection company.  Lives in Oconomowoc.  His son TJ may start for Cooney varsity as a freshman.  

Why the hate on Terrell?  He's a good guy.  The epitomy of what MU turns out into the community. 

No hate. No hate at all. Terrell's a good guy. I have known him since we were both Freshmen. He told me about his current position which is in senior management but he described himslf as a debt collector. If it's good enough for Terrell it's good enough for me. (Before this gig he worked in Sales for a freight forwarding company.)

I was just giving the world an update. I ran into Terrell on the road and thought I would share. he was a great guy on some of the last solid teams before the Dark Ages.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »
yeah, when he was on, the guy was money.  terrell had a nice, soft shot compared to junior bridgemans pancakes   had a tendency to be a whiner, but came out of high school with great expectations.  anyway.  i know through my inside sources there were issues near the end, but it sounds like he's doing well-God bless.  the community of marquette should be proud of how they developed(athletically, scholarly, and LIFE)  this guy and stood by him through thick and thin.  glad to hear he's doing well !!

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
I already had Wzgy on ignore now I can add Tasty.  Two guys with nothing to add, so don't read too much into their nonsense.  :-*

Glad to hear Terrell is still local, doing well, and I hope to see his son play in the next few years.  Go Cooney! 

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 03:40:47 PM »
I always like Terrell Schlundt. He turned out to be a pretty good player. MU's coach (Raymonds?) got a lot of grief when he signed Terrell. Mostly, I believe it was because he was the only player he signed that year.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
man, my memory is sooo bad- correct me if I'm wrong;  Doc Rivers left early because our center (can't remember who it was) broke his arm/leg..., and Terrell Schlundt was forced to play center the rest of the season.  I felt badly for TS as he sacrificed his game for the team.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
Walter Downing separated his shoulder blocking a shot at Northwestern.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »

I don't think Rivers leaving MU had anything to do with Downing's injury but it did force Terrell to play out of position. Terrell also broke his beak and yet still played for the remainder of that season. The guy was made of steel. Unlike Maymon he did what the team needed from him.

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 07:56:04 PM »
Yes, Schlundt broke his nose and played with a mask late in the year, which lead the student section to cheer "Who was that masked man?" when he scored.

While he was at Marquette, the team played in a tournament somewhere, perhaps the GAS, and his hometown was listed as Antigo, WI on the press materials.  Several press members wanted to interview the Marquette player from Antigua, West Indies.  They were disappointed when they got Terrell, who was not exactly exotic. 

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 08:19:04 PM »
What do you mean?  Antigo is exotic - at least it was for Dick Sendik when a bunch of us AKPsi pledges kidnapped him (he was the pledge master) and took him for a one way ride to the potato fields of Antigo, where we left him.  (I think he got back to Milwaukee before we did!)
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »

Downing came later - the center who was injured was Dean Marquardt - hurt in a car accident I think.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »
Right, it wasn't Walter..., but Dean I thought was later too.  Man, I killed too many brain cells in my youth.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »
Right, it wasn't Walter..., but Dean I thought was later too.  Man, I killed too many brain cells in my youth.

There was a stretch during Marquardt's senior year where he was tearing it up. Hank predicted Dean was a sure fire first round pick. Didn't happen though Dean did go in the 5th round. If you compare Dean to the big stiifs who sign with Wisconsin he was agile and had a nice touch. If he had played for Bo he would have never advanced.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 11:48:15 PM »
I already had Wzgy on ignore now I can add Tasty.  Two guys with nothing to add, so don't read too much into their nonsense.  :-*

Glad to hear Terrell is still local, doing well, and I hope to see his son play in the next few years.  Go Cooney! 

You too?
SS Marquette

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 06:30:18 AM »

Nope.  Marquardt was a freshman in 1978, so he actually arrived before Doc Rivers.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
You too?

thanks for the update garlic on terrell, always good to hear about some of our unsung players.  and  the monitors of the hall-some people think they're all that. remember-he who laughs last... maybe if we put a number with our name we'd be in??  are your feelings as hurt as mine?  all i've ever wanted in life was to be as cool as 77 and 94... ;D damn, maybe soon, but i'll keep watching and learning

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 09:28:31 AM »
thanks for the update garlic on terrell, always good to hear about some of our unsung players.  and  the monitors of the hall-some people think they're all that. remember-he who laughs last... maybe if we put a number with our name we'd be in??  are your feelings as hurt as mine?  all i've ever wanted in life was to be as cool as 77 and 94... ;D damn, maybe soon, but i'll keep watching and learning

I am always amazed at how self-righteous some of the people here can be. It's always easy to be brave when you hide behind a name.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
man, my memory is sooo bad- correct me if I'm wrong;  Doc Rivers left early because our center (can't remember who it was) broke his arm/leg..., and Terrell Schlundt was forced to play center the rest of the season.  I felt badly for TS as he sacrificed his game for the team.

Doc's departure was due to Marotta.  That Schlundt/Lazaretti center combo was pretty painful.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 10:26:01 AM »
Doc's departure was due to Marotta.  That Schlundt/Lazaretti center combo was pretty painful.

PJ is correct, in a way. I think it was more what Doc did to Marotta than the other way around. Vic Lazeretti went on to a great post MU career. It just wasn't on the hard wood.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
yeah-doc stole marotta's woman.  doc and marotta were best friends up until that i believe.  i saw some of that kind of happening at this little shot and a beer joint-toma's on about 20th and wells at that time.  one of the owners-angie was semi-related to my wifes aunts, so wherever that falls, 2nd cousins 8 times removed or whatever.  but she would keep us up to date.  i knew it wasn't going to be pretty. 

wyzgy

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
I am always amazed at how self-righteous some of the people here can be. It's always easy to be brave when you hide behind a name.

yeah, then the dudes have to tell each other they've got us on the big iggy list like that's some act of i'm so above them thing.  little do they know how much good info and knowledge they're missing out on...even some good laughs ;D

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2010, 01:27:55 PM »
PJ is correct, in a way. I think it was more what Doc did to Marotta than the other way around. Vic Lazeretti went on to a great post MU career. It just wasn't on the hard wood.
Laz was a great guy.  Loved his first career on the beach.

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Laz was a great guy.  Loved his first career on the beach.

Laz was a hoot. He and Trotter won a state championship at Creighton before they came to MU. Vic could do shots through his nostril (and what a pair of nostrils he sported!). Talent like that doesn't just happen; it is genetic. He later went to Harvard. I wonder if he demonstrated this skill in the pubs along the Charles? 

augoman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »
yeah-doc stole marotta's woman.  doc and marotta were best friends up until that i believe.  i saw some of that kind of happening at this little shot and a beer joint-toma's on about 20th and wells at that time.  one of the owners-angie was semi-related to my wifes aunts, so wherever that falls, 2nd cousins 8 times removed or whatever.  but she would keep us up to date.  i knew it wasn't going to be pretty. 

well, Rivers and Marotta were roomies, but I don't know 'best friends'.  When Marotta spent the summer in DC interning, Rivers spent the summer in ..... and that was a poorly kept secret.  However, I again assert that he left early because he knew he'd have a weak supporting cast w/o a center.  And Dean Marquardt was great- would love to have him now, but on the bench w an injury was the way Rivers saw him.  Also, spent a night w/ Vic Laz right after he finished law school.  After copious amounts of alcohol the Rick Majerus stories came out.  If anyone thinks Buzz screwed Newbill, ask Terry Reason or Vic Lazzeretti about Majerus.  Now THAT was a screwing!

TheTasteofGarlic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
After copious amounts of alcohol the Rick Majerus stories came out.  If anyone thinks Buzz screwed Newbill, ask Terry Reason or Vic Lazzeretti about Majerus.  Now THAT was a screwing!

Terry Reason could shoot but his inability to go left made him a tragic liability. He was in the top 5 of all-time California prep scorers but it was Fresno. Rick let Terry have it because Terry deserved it. He didn't belong at MU.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 11:45:48 PM »
Unfortunately Terry already was at MU.  Belong or not, he had worked and practiced and played at MU on scholarship. (not to mention giving up years of eligibility)  After his commitment he was surprisingly and unceremoniously dumped (as was Vic).  Now tell me who the superstars were that replaced them..., aha, that's what I thought.

feedback