collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2011-12 NFC North Division  (Read 69353 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: 2011-12 NFC North Division
« Reply #350 on: November 29, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
I would like to see the Bears play NO.  I think that would be a good game.  NO is not invincible, but they have a damn impressive offense.  The Bears D against that O would make for an entertaining game.

NO smoked the Bears pretty well in Week 2. I'd just like to see the Bears make the playoffs, whatever happens from there on out, at least they give themselves a chance.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »
I am confident the follow conversation took place tonight...

Caleb: "I was awful."
Jay: "I am telling you that is why I don't throw it to Roy, unnatural carnal knowledge him."

WHat a freaking pathetic game.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »
I am confident the follow conversation took place tonight...

Caleb: "I was awful."
Jay: "I am telling you that is why I don't throw it to Roy, frack him."

WHat a freaking pathetic game.

Bears without Forte and Cutler just can't compete.  You can't lose your two best offensive players (frankly the only ones with any consistent talent, Hester notwithstanding) and expect to win, no matter how bad the Chiefs are.  It's too bad, cuz I'm really hoping the Bears can keep the Lions out of the playoffs.  

Here's hoping the Forte injury isn't too serious, hate to see a guy get injured when he's battling to get the payday he deserves.  

Edit:  Just saw Forte is out 2-4 with a knee sprain.  There goes my FF championship.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:48:50 PM by mugrad2006 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »
Not overturning that Driver TD catch was weak.   I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but if the same thing happens to Calvin Johnson, it is incomplete. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
Not overturning that Driver TD catch was weak.   I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, but if the same thing happens to Calvin Johnson, it is incomplete. 

That is a conspiracy theory

tower912

• All American
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
I know.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2011, 06:49:08 PM »

Why should it have been overturned?  He had both toes down.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
Bears without Forte and Cutler just can't compete.  You can't lose your two best offensive players (frankly the only ones with any consistent talent, Hester notwithstanding) and expect to win, no matter how bad the Chiefs are.  It's too bad, cuz I'm really hoping the Bears can keep the Lions out of the playoffs.  

Here's hoping the Forte injury isn't too serious, hate to see a guy get injured when he's battling to get the payday he deserves.  

Edit:  Just saw Forte is out 2-4 with a knee sprain.  There goes my FF championship.

Hanie wasn't very good today (underthrew Knox on the INT, overthrew Bennett on a sure TD) but he wasn't to blame for Barber not being on the LOS or for Roy Williams not being on the sidelines. Those 2 plays were basically the game. Martz doesn't do much to help him out either. The Chiefs knew they were passing and just pinned their ears back and attacked the QB - no screens, no draws, just Hanie getting sacked or rolling to his right and firing passes into the sidelines.

No Forte. No Cutler. No Playoffs.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »

Why should it have been overturned?  He had both toes down.

I agree.  The Jennings TD was more questionable.
Ludum habemus.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
I think tower meant the Jennings TD, not the Driver one. He posted that soon after the Jennings TD. The main difference between the Jennings and Calvin catches was that Calvin went to the ground. Although, I still disagree with that rule.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
Mea Culpa.   I was talking about the juggling TD and typed too fast. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »
Not sure if any Packer fans had any doubt they would score on that last drive. That offense is The Terminator, it's ridiculous.

Not sure what to say about the Bears. I said (and stand by) that I don't think Tebow can beat them next week, but the Bears are going to have to find a way to score some points against that (becoming very good) Bronco defense.

Good news for the Bears is everyone (pending Detroit) lost, and the Bears lost to an AFC team.

Jason Garrett, wtf??? I thought he completely f'd up by letting 20 seconds tick off the clock (the Bryant reception to get them in FG range was with about 30 seconds left). They had 2 timeouts left and could have ran one other play at least. Freezing his own kicker, unreal.

shiloh26

• Starter
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »
Not sure if any Packer fans had any doubt they would score on that last drive. That offense is The Terminator, it's ridiculous.

I was happy to see Rodgers have to make a game winning drive this year, just to remind me that he can do it.  So many blowouts this year, or at least games where we were up at the end, and it was on the defense, not the offense to close it out.  Really happy to see that he thrives even more when the pressure is on.  The Pack defense is suspect enough that they'll be down at some point in a big spot, good to see we can make the crunch time comeback.

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:39 PM »
I was happy to see Rodgers have to make a game winning drive this year, just to remind me that he can do it.  So many blowouts this year, or at least games where we were up at the end, and it was on the defense, not the offense to close it out.  Really happy to see that he thrives even more when the pressure is on.  The Pack defense is suspect enough that they'll be down at some point in a big spot, good to see we can make the crunch time comeback.

McCarthy was very true to his "balanced attack" plan.  That last drive has to make everyone else wonder why we even run sometimes.  When you need points, just let Aaron unleash.  I'll be one of those who says we should have won by a landslide if it were not for x, y & z.  But anyone who thinks the Pack CAN'T win it all is just argumentative.  It's all in our hands (despite the drops).

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
NFC North Champion Green Bay Packers.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2011, 10:58:19 PM »
NFC North Champion Green Bay Packers.

Semi surprised it's only their first since '07. That Lions team is out of control.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »

What was wrong with the Driver TD?

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2011, 07:08:05 AM »
Semi surprised it's only their first since '07. That Lions team is out of control.

Yeah, a 3 year drought is rough for the Packers. However, I think they might have won another significant championship in that time  ;)

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2011, 08:00:48 AM »
Mea Culpa.   I was talking about the juggling TD and typed too fast. 

I thought the Jennings call was correct.  I would not have been surprised, though, had it been overturned.  He had control and two feet down.  If it was not slapped out, it would not have moved.  There is no rule that says the ball is not controlled by the fingers and has to be in the palm.

That said, if the defender would have been on Jennings at the time of the reception and knocked the ball out, it would have been called incomplete.  Or if he was on Jennings and Jennings loses it on the ground.  That is how silly the reception rule is in the NFL right now.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2011, 08:33:16 AM »
What was wrong with the Driver TD?

He meant the Jennings TD and the problem was that he didn't catch it.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »
I thought the Jennings call was correct.  I would not have been surprised, though, had it been overturned.  He had control and two feet down. 

He bobbled the ball the entire time right up until it was knocked out.  He maybe took one 1/2 step with what looked to be "control".
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2011, 08:42:20 AM »
He bobbled the ball the entire time right up until it was knocked out.  He maybe took one 1/2 step with what looked to be "control".

Obviously you saw something different that the official and I saw.  You could not be more wrong in your comment.  If you recall, the official said "confirmed".  Enough said.  Dislike it, if you like, but it was the correct call.

And, how do you take a 1/2 step in football?  That comment alone tells me all that I need to know.   :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:14:53 AM by MUMac »

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Obviously you saw something different that the official and I saw.  You could not be more wrong in your comment.  If you recall, the official said "confirmed".  Enough said.  Whine if you like, but it was the correct call.

And, how do you take a 1/2 step in football?  That comment alone tells me all that I need to know.   :o

How was I whining?  I made 1 comment about what I believe i saw in a replay.  Sorry my use of "1/2 step" was insulting to your superior football mind. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »
How was I whining?  I made 1 comment about what I believe i saw in a replay.  Sorry my use of "1/2 step" was insulting to your superior football mind.  

It wasn't insulting, there is no such thing.  Superior mind or not.  It was a hilarious comment.  As I said, it told me all I needed to know when debating this subject with you.

As for the whining refernce, that was hyperbole and over the top.  I will take that out of my prior comment.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:13:55 AM by MUMac »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
Yeah, a 3 year drought is rough for the Packers. However, I think they might have won another significant championship in that time  ;)

I meant it as more of a slight to the Vikings than anything. They fell hard in a short amount of time.