collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2011-12 NFC North Division  (Read 69342 times)

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: 2011-12 NFC North Division
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2011, 07:19:15 AM »
Really setting up to be quite a story this year - from 0-4 to 12-4 and the Super Bowl?  SKOL VIKINGS!

The amazing thing is that the Vikings aren't even close to being as bad as the University of Minnesota's football team.  

I'll be cheering for the Lions to win the division.
  I'll be cheering for your stadium to not implode. 

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
You can't spell SKOL VIKINGS without O and four. 

Detroit's lucky they don't play the Pack until Thanksgiving, it'll give them hope they have a chance at the division for another month.

Let's hope the Packers have this same mentality when they travel to Ford Field.  It'll be week 14 of last year all over again if they aren't playing at their peak.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »
You mean the game-sealing TD? That counts as a "garbage" TD to you?

Yes. They broke a 40 yard run as they were running out the clock.

Look, I'm a Bear fan. I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win the game. But when you're leading by 4 and the other team has the ball near midfield with 2 minutes left, I don't see it as winning comfortably. Especially when you're outgained 543 to 317 and 14 of your points are scored by your defense/special teams. I think they won a squeeker. Guess we were watching different games.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
All thats matters is the W. Who cares how it was accoplished (unless you have Forte on your fantasy team, damn I'm smart)
Bring back FFP!!!

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2011, 11:36:44 AM »
Yes. They broke a 40 yard run as they were running out the clock.

Look, I'm a Bear fan. I'm not saying they didn't deserve to win the game. But when you're leading by 4 and the other team has the ball near midfield with 2 minutes left, I don't see it as winning comfortably. Especially when you're outgained 543 to 317 and 14 of your points are scored by your defense/special teams. I think they won a squeeker. Guess we were watching different games.

I never said that they won comfortably. I said that they didn't play their best but they did enough to win. As I stated earlier, part of the reason that they were outgained so badly was the 2 return TDs (something that you seemingly consider a negative), not to mention Hester's 73 yard KO return - that's 162 yards right there. One of the Bears' keys to success if forcing TOs and winning the field position battle. They cashed in on the only TO forced and won the FP battle. It wasn't pretty (especially the D in the 1st half) but they got the job done.

Should be a good one in Detroit next week!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
Let's hope the Packers have this same mentality when they travel to Ford Field.  It'll be week 14 of last year all over again if they aren't playing at their peak.

I'll take that and a Superbowl Win every year.

I don't think the Packers need or want to Peak on Thanksgiving Day.  Perhaps that is the Lions goal, but the Packers have larger sights than that.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
I'll take that and a Superbowl Win every year.

I don't think the Packers need or want to Peak on Thanksgiving Day.  Perhaps that is the Lions goal, but the Packers have larger sights than that.

"We won the super bowl, na na na na boo boo!"

"Peaking at the right time" is a great spin for the Pack almost missing the playoffs last year.  Green Bay is lucky to not even be half as cocky as their fans.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »

"Peaking at the right time" is a great spin for the Pack almost missing the playoffs last year.  Green Bay is lucky to not even be half as cocky as their fans.

We won the Super Bowl,  na na na boo boo!

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2011, 03:40:26 PM »

Who needs to spin anything when you win the whole thing? I'd take barely sneaking in and the trophy every year over being the #1 seed and losing the first game. Not sure what the point of your comment was at all.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »

Clay Matthews, Jermichael Finley, Woodson, Rodgers...I think the Packers are plenty cocky and I say that as a fan of the team.

And they may have snuck into the playoffs, but then they dominated their opponents. 

I don't think there's anybody out there who thinks that Detroit is anywhere near the same plane as Green Bay right now, record notwithstanding.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2011, 05:20:42 PM »
Most of the Lions fans I have spoken too today are ecstatic but waiting for the collapse.    One guy joked that we have been so bad for so long and found so many creative ways to lose games that nobody else has even thought of, that with an 18-0 record and up 28-0 going into the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, many Lions fans would still be trying to figure out how they were going to blow that lead.    2007, 6-2 start, 1-7 finish.   I think this team is better, but I still expect them to find ways to lose. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
Lions are a top 3 team in the NFC right now. It's both a credit to what the Lions have done so far, and a dis-credit to the rest of the conference. Outside of Green Bay and New Orleans, there's no better team (even close if you ask me) to Detroit. Lions/Saints will actually be a really interesting game and a good measuring stick for the 2 seed.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2011, 06:00:48 PM »
I meant 2nd best team, not 2 seed, my mistake.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2011, 11:45:51 PM »
Who needs to spin anything when you win the whole thing? I'd take barely sneaking in and the trophy every year over being the #1 seed and losing the first game. Not sure what the point of your comment was at all.

Do we need to go over the ridiculous amount of dominoes that needed to fall for the Packers to make the playoffs?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:37 AM »
Do we need to go over the ridiculous amount of dominoes that needed to fall for the Packers to make the playoffs?
They fell.  The Pack won.  You didn't.  They are the Champs.  Get over it.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:26 AM »
They fell.  The Pack won.  You didn't.  They are the Champs.  Get over it.

Whats a pissing match without the piss? I'd rather rile up all the holier than thou pack fans like you.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2011, 07:10:09 AM »
Whats a pissing match without the piss? I'd rather rile up all the holier than thou pack fans like you.
Not holier than you, just a fan of the team with 13 world championships and a non-imploding stadium.  Wait, maybe I AM holier than you! 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2011, 08:03:32 AM »
Yeah, and like I said, who cares? In the end they hoisted the trophy and 31 other teams (your's included) didn't. I don't care how much you want to diminish that, you simply can't. I'm not holier that thou, that's just the way it is.

LON

• All American
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2011, 09:38:07 AM »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »

Haven't you noticed that if you say anything less than positive (doesn't even have to be negative) about GB, Packer fans will get out their torches and pitchforks?

Sure, the Packers got a slew of lucky breaks just to get into the playoffs and sure, they only beat the Bears because they faced their 3rd-string QB in the conference title game and sure, any above average QB could have won the Super Bowl for the Packers last season given all their weapons on offense, but don't tell that to any Packers fans.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
Haven't you noticed that if you say anything less than positive (doesn't even have to be negative) about GB, Packer fans will get out their torches and pitchforks?

Sure, the Packers got a slew of lucky breaks just to get into the playoffs and sure, they only beat the Bears because they faced their 3rd-string QB in the conference title game and sure, any above average QB could have won the Super Bowl for the Packers last season given all their weapons on offense, but don't tell that to any Packers fans.

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!   

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

Sure, the Packers got a slew of lucky breaks just to get into the playoffs and sure, they only beat the Bears because they faced their 3rd-string QB in the conference title game, any above average QB could have won the Super Bowl for the Packers last season given all their weapons on offense, but don't tell that to any Packers fans.

You can't seriously believe that.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »

Delusional.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
 ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:18:03 PM by Homebrew101 »

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2011, 01:07:23 PM »
See how easy that was? Even blatantly sarcastic comments get reactions.

The fact of matter is that the Packers got a gift playoff berth and took full advantage of it. Tip o' the cap to them.