[Today at 08:37:20 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JTJ3
[Today at 06:35:06 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Coach K....why you wait years before you judge a coach  (Read 1120 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Coach K....why you wait years before you judge a coach
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 06:18:04 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/99913/what-if-duke-had-fired-mike-krzyzewski

Not just judge... I thought your rule was, "it's inappropriate to have any sort of an opinion a coach whatsoever until after 5 years on the job.. at least if I4."

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
Not just judge... I thought your rule was, "it's inappropriate to have any sort of an opinion a coach whatsoever until after 5 years on the job.. at least if I4."

Of course not, which is why I said on many occasions "so far so good" during a 5 year window.  I also said on many occasions, a "COMPLETE or full judgment"  should wait until 5 years, that doesn't mean one cannot have an opinion along the way.  Some people start a house on fire, and implode in year 6.  Some people start out slow, and crank it out the next 30 years (Coach K).  I believe I have been consistent since day one that a coach should have at least one recruiting class matriculate before making a full judgment. 

Still waiting for that Kentucky accurate recruiting list.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »
good article, but what dana o'neil fails to bring up is, how many coaches leave after 4 years or so with decent records and/or threaten to leave if the pot isn't sweetened, etc.?  then the schools sign these guys for 50 years to lock them up and due to some contractual issues, the coach leaves any way for greener pastures, bigger programs, etc.
don't...don't don't don't don't

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
Do you think the one legendary coach at one D-1 school for over 30+ years is going to go away?

Boeheim at Cuse since 76-77
Krzyzewski at Duke since 80-81
Kampe at Oakland U since 84-85

Only ones 30 or over.

Next are:
Loos at Austin Peay since 86-87
McKillop at Davidson since 89-90
And a group of them since 95-96 [O'Hanion (Lafayette), Izzo (MSU), Martelli (St. Joseph's), Nagy (South Dakota State)]
SS Marquette

feedback