[Today at 11:16:26 AM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:57:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is This The Worst Scoop Has Ever Been?  (Read 12640 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Is This The Worst Scoop Has Ever Been?
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »
This board is totally unreadable.  Over-run with part-time posters that only show up when things get bad spewing garbage.

How do you regulars take this?  This crap is so unreadable one would go mad taking it seriously.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Is This The Worst Scoop Has Ever Been?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 01:45:40 PM »
Makes one long for the days of SMU17.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
Not even close to worst ever. That said, not a great deal of depth to discussion being added. Overall, I think Wojo should be thanking the Good Lord for the lack of anti Wojo talk on here. We have far more heated debates at work before noon on daily basis than I am seeing on here.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:51:18 PM by Goose »

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 01:50:06 PM »
Not even close to worst ever. That said, not a great deal of depth to discussion being added. Overall, I think Wojo should thanking the Good Lord for the lack of anti Wojo talk on here. We have far more heated debates at work before noon on daily basis than I am seeing on here.

There will be plenty of anti Wojo rants on here while I'm back. 

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 01:54:16 PM »
As much as you dont want to read that stuff, is as much as I dont want to read another post saying give him TWO more years.
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »
Let's give him THREE more years.

You're welcome.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Let's Go Warriors

• Team Captain
  • Lets Go Warriors(clap clap clap clap clap)...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »
Let's give him THREE more years.

You're welcome.
You forgot one thing.  Tell everyone that disagrees with your perspective to shut up and move on cause it aint gonna happen...
 ;)
Warrior As defined by Webster's:
A person who fights in battles and is known for having courage and skill

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »
This board is totally unreadable.  Over-run with part-time posters that only show up when things get bad spewing garbage.

How do you regulars take this?  This crap is so unreadable one would go mad taking it seriously.

Not just the part timers....

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
Not even close to worst ever. That said, not a great deal of depth to discussion being added. Overall, I think Wojo should be thanking the Good Lord for the lack of anti Wojo talk on here. We have far more heated debates at work before noon on daily basis than I am seeing on here.

This

Its not the negativity, that is to be expected after the losses.  It just that the "commentary" seems to be unguided emotion lacking of any substance.

Posters here are acting like young teens begging their girlfriend for their first sexual experience.  They will say anything, promise anything, will give anything no matter how contradictory so long as they "get it" (in this case an NCAA bid).

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »
Is this the worst? I don't know. I remember Florida and Green Bay being pretty dark times here. The whole year Derrick and Jake started was rough. Not sure this is the worst, but it's up (down?) there.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 04:30:07 PM »
Why Scoop has declined.

People, when following their team, would rather talk about good basketball than bad basketball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
Overall, I think Wojo should be thanking the Good Lord for the lack of anti Wojo talk on here.

Why would it impact him in a significant way?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
No.    Looking back at the alleged sexual assault threads, the Buzz to SMU threads, the Crean to IU threads, any thread involving Ners and Derrick Wilson/Dawson/JJJ, it becomes clear that when things are the most stressful, people respond energetically and confrontationally.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »

Not to mention the dozens of irrelevant threads started by a couple of posters.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »
Remember when Derrick was the point guard? Those were way darker.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
Midway through the 2013-14 season to the hiring of Wojo was the worst Scoop's ever been. Plus politics went unchecked infecting the good threads. which made it even more unbearable at times. This is bad though.

Would you rather get rid of all these part time posts and you can have UDPride, SMU17 and Ners back?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »
Remember when Derrick was the point guard? Those were way darker.

I was thinking the same, UR.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »

I think this board is the best it has been since Buzz last days in the bunker. Lots of differing viewpoints and well supported analysis. Some of the all time great posters like Willie Warrior, Mike Deans , Al Davis etc have re appeared which is a good thing.

We are among the elite message boards( the Purdue and Indiana boards are always full of vigorous debate too) which is why I enjoy our board.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
I think this board is the best it has been since Buzz last days in the bunker. Lots of differing viewpoints and well supported analysis. Some of the all time great posters like Willie Warrior, Mike Deans , Al Davis etc have re appeared which is a good thing.

We are among the elite message boards( the Purdue and Indiana boards are always full of vigorous debate too) which is why I enjoy our board.

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »

Some outstanding posts tonight. Outstanding.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
Someone should seriously give this board the JScomments treatment on twitter.

brandx

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 10:30:34 PM »
No.    Looking back at the alleged sexual assault threads, the Buzz to SMU threads, the Crean to IU threads, any thread involving Ners and Derrick Wilson/Dawson/JJJ, it becomes clear that when things are the most stressful, people respond energetically and confrontationally.

You're right. I don't think it is any worse than we should expect. The team is not very good.

For the first time though, since Wojo has been here, I feel we are heading in the right direction. The current team has major liabilities on the defensive end. - a center who is not a good defender and having to use a wing player at power forward. That will never cut it in the BE.

This team was a complete mess when Wojo took over. Finally, we have guys coming in next year that will get us to a much more well-rounded state. Defenders with length and quickness. Something we have not had for the last three years.

Even with the young guys, I have no doubt that our defense will be better next year. The offense will continue to be good.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 12:53:54 PM »

:o Forgot teal?
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Think most of the whole Pilarz / Hiroshima / Derrick /Dawson /#donedeal events were worse
Goal is National Championship

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »
Think most of the whole Pilarz / Hiroshima / Derrick /Dawson /#donedeal events were worse

But at least they were so surreal and outlandish you couldn't help but laugh a little bit. The current crop on nonsense feels a little too accurate for my tastes.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback