Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:49:04 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:18:45 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[Today at 04:14:43 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by PJDunn
[Today at 03:14:56 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:01:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GOO
[Today at 02:58:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] Golden Eagles Set Tone For 2010-11 With Strong Offseason Work  (Read 2834 times)

GoMarquetteSays

Golden Eagles Set Tone For 2010-11 With Strong Offseason Work

Marquette men's basketball fans are well aware of how hard the team works on the court, but followers of the program aren't exposed to the squad's year-round effort in the weight room.

http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/082610aaa.html

bilsu

• All American
The most amazing stat to me is that Jimmmy Butler tied Reggie Smith in the 25 yard dash.

CrazyEcho

• Team Captain
Otule (with his lanky build) cleaning 300 is insane. 

Also, I'm surprised that Reggie Smith doesn't have at least a 35 inch vertical.  He must have been close to that. 

kmwtrucks

• All American
I actaully think its JR increasing his Vertical by 3" after rupturing his achilles.

Nukem2

• All American
Junior, Erik and Chris look to be setting the pace for the younger guys... :)

NersEllenson

• All American
Surprised DJO's vertical at 35" is better than Reggie Smith's??  Reggie HAS to be right there?  Though perhaps his vertical greatly increases when not measured in the stationary fashion they measure vertical for these tests.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GGGG

• All American
Surprised DJO's vertical at 35" is better than Reggie Smith's??  Reggie HAS to be right there?  Though perhaps his vertical greatly increases when not measured in the stationary fashion they measure vertical for these tests.

I think Reggie's vertical looks more impressive because it's a greater percentage of his height....if that makes any sense.  It wouldn't surprise me that DJO's was better overall.

bilsu

• All American

I think Reggie's vertical looks more impressive because it's a greater percentage of his height....if that makes any sense.  It wouldn't surprise me that DJO's was better overall.

I not sure, but I think when they measure a verticle it is from a stand still jump. Players jump higger when they are jumping off a run.

OhioGoldenEagle

• Team Captain
I think Otule's numbers speaks to what many were saying last year regarding his overall improvement. I am still confident he is going to be solid contributor for us THIS season.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain

Ners, Just checking. Is actual athletic ability part of a coach's ability to develop or does a lot of it fall upon a player's natural skills? We all know great athletes from high school that couldnt sniff the NCAA. We all know of great h.s. talent that never developed into great NCAA talent. And we all know of great college players that drank a cup of coffee (or less) in the NBA.

spartan3186

• All American
I'm impressed that DJO is the team leader and can put up 319 on the bench. Thats like 1.5 times his weight.