[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bailey declares for draft  (Read 83091 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Bailey declares for draft
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »
But when you have 2 open scholarships you don’t need to replace him, you can just add the better player and keep the returning player.

True...OR what if you add TWO better players with the remaining scholarships *Cough Mane *cough. *cough Santos-Silva *cough

However, Brews statement was it's never good to lose your best returning player, which is a factual statement UNLESS you do lose him, but replace him with a better player(s).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 08:12:48 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #176 on: April 22, 2020, 08:09:44 PM »
This is one thing I have never been able to understand, why the mods so loosely moderate stuff here and allow all the harsh criticism of players. It's not a good look for one thing, for another, recruits DO read message bards, or if they don't, relatives or their friends or someone does. To think it can't have an affect is wrong.
We should not even need mods to do this. We simply should not be overly criticize our players. I understand people being disappointed with a loss, but some posters need a reality check on what is really important in life.
I try not to be negative about players, but this site just seems to suck me in. I would not come here at all except I want to know what is going on with recruiting. Even with potential recruits some posters are saying they do not want this recruit. I do not understand this. Unless you personally know a player, you do not know if they fit in with the team. Even a player ranked 50th might not be better than a player ranked just outside top 100. It is up to the coaches to get the players that best fit the team. The coaches need to decide  if a recruit is better than an open scholarship.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #177 on: April 22, 2020, 08:42:57 PM »
Yeah, you sound like a really reasonable person. Keep talking garbage. When information is a known straight from the source that is a fact. I'll just let this stupid thread be. Go ahead do the damage.

Wait, so me telling you that you don't know what a fact is, is now whats going to ruin our chance at Mane??

LOL
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »
True...OR what if you add TWO better players with the remaining scholarships *Cough Mane *cough. *cough Santos-Silva *cough

I'm not sure either of them are better than Bailey. They might be shinier and newer, but at this level, Bailey is more proven.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2020, 08:54:44 PM »
I'm not sure either of them are better than Bailey. They might be shinier and newer, but at this level, Bailey is more proven.

Santos Silva is far more proven.

He plays in the A10 not MEAC.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »

Bailey is more proven then Mane, I'm not sure he is more proven then Santos Silva..that kid is a walking double-double. But even if we say he is more proven, on a PURE talent basis, I will take Mane and Santos-Silva over Bailey, and I think Bailey is a decent player.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:35 PM »

However, Brews statement was it's never good to lose your best returning player, which is a factual statement UNLESS you do lose him, but replace him with a better player(s).

Something about the bird in hand
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
Unless....you can replace him with a better player

I remember when we were gonna replace Sam with a better player (Bailey). How did that work. BB will be a 23 year old player with two year’s of BE experience under his belt. Starter or reserve next year he has real value. Don’t want to lose him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »
I remember when we were gonna replace Sam with a better player (Bailey). How did that work. BB will be a 23 year old player with two year’s of BE experience under his belt. Starter or reserve next year he has real value. Don’t want to lose him.

Outstanding take, Lenny.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2020, 10:04:46 PM »
Santos Silva is far more proven.

He plays in the A10 not MEAC.

You may not be aware, but Marquette is in the Big East, a perennial top-3 conference. In his time there, per Pomeroy, VCU has played a top-100 SOS just once, which was last year when they played the 94th toughest SOS. He's not proven at this level and the A-10 is not in the same zip code as the Big East.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2020, 10:09:49 PM »

Sure, I'd rather not lose him either, the ideal scenario for me would be to keep him and add Mane and Santos-Silva with the last two scholarships.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »
You may not be aware, but Marquette is in the Big East, a perennial top-3 conference. In his time there, per Pomeroy, VCU has played a top-100 SOS just once, which was last year when they played the 94th toughest SOS. He's not proven at this level and the A-10 is not in the same zip code as the Big East.

I think the only one unaware is you lol.

I am well aware of what league Marquette is in and I am well aware that Santos has proven far more.

Its really not even close.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2020, 10:18:46 PM »
I think the only one unaware is you lol.

I am well aware of what league Marquette is in and I am well aware that Santos has proven far more.

Its really not even close.

I think Santos-Silva would be a good get. I also recognize that he put up 13/9 in the same league Joseph Chartouny put up 12/5/5. He's proven nothing at this level.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2020, 10:19:53 PM »
FWIW, BB has been on both zoom calls that MU posted on social media since he declared.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2020, 10:22:11 PM »
Santos-Silva in 6 games vs Tennessee, Purdue, Wichita State, LSU and Dayton

14.8 pts 9.5 rebounds 60% field goals

Yeah, not proven!!

The wichita game was the only one where he didnt hit double digits in either pts or rebounds( 7 and 7) and didnt shoot 50%(3/7). Foul trouble got him that game.

I want Bailey to stay here. But I will trust Santos-Silva all day over Bailey to give me a consistent performance.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
Santos-Silva in 6 games vs Tennessee, Purdue, Wichita State, LSU and Dayton

14.8 pts 9.5 rebounds 60% field goals

Yeah, not proven!!

Chartouny put up 10.2 ppg/3 apg/4 spg in 6 games against FSU, WVU, Davidson, URI, & St Bonaventure (all tourney teams) his last year at Fordham.

So you are correct, not proven. Not at this level. Thank you for admitting it.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2020, 10:30:59 PM »
I think Santos-Silva would be a good get. I also recognize that he put up 13/9 in the same league Joseph Chartouny put up 12/5/5. He's proven nothing at this level.

To be fair though Brew, he put up 22-11 against Tennessee this past season, 19-2 against Purdue and 19-11 against LSU. Not to mention he had 12-17 and 12-9 against Obi Toppin this year as well.

The year before he had 6-12 against St. John's, 12-16 vs. Texas, 8-10 against Virginia, and then for good measure had a game of 26-22 against Rhode Island. So he has shown out against high major competition in a big way. Chartouny never did that.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2020, 10:56:01 PM »
Chartouny put up 10.2 ppg/3 apg/4 spg in 6 games against FSU, WVU, Davidson, URI, & St Bonaventure (all tourney teams) his last year at Fordham.

Chartouny also shot 13/44 in those games.

So yeah, keep trying what aint working.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2020, 11:05:41 PM »

Santos-Silva vs the 5 best A10 teams last year not named Dayton(we already saw he ate vs them)

Richmond: 14 and 10 on 50% in 2 games
St. Louis: 11 and 6 83% in 1 game
Rhode Island: 9 and 9 47% in 2 games
St Bonnies 17 and 11 75% 1 game
Duquense: 24 and 8 64% in 1 game

14 ppg 9 rebounds ppg total

His numbers are weighted down by playing the trash teams.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2020, 04:47:04 AM »
Now we're trying to compare Rhode Island, SLU, and Richmond to Villanova, Seton Hall, and Providence? Not exactly helping the argument.

Further demonstrating my point. Thanks again.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2020, 06:52:08 AM »
Now we're trying to compare Rhode Island, SLU, and Richmond to Villanova, Seton Hall, and Providence? Not exactly helping the argument.

Further demonstrating my point. Thanks again.

HAHAHA my god are you dumb

Not once was that stated. Excellent back track tho.

But lets keep playing for fun. Bailey agsinst those teams

Nova: 1 ppg 2 rb 0/8 from the field
Seton Hall:4.5 ppg 9 rb 3/17 from the field
Providence: 9.5 ppg and 5 rb 5/10 from the field

4.8 ppg 5.3 rb 23% from the floor.

Yeah Bailey was really proven against those great teams. He had 1 really good game out of 6. And happened to miss the tying free throw in that game.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »
HAHAHA my god are you dumb

Not once was that stated. Excellent back track tho.

But lets keep playing for fun. Bailey agsinst those teams

Nova: 1 ppg 2 rb 0/8 from the field
Seton Hall:4.5 ppg 9 rb 3/17 from the field
Providence: 9.5 ppg and 5 rb 5/10 from the field

4.8 ppg 5.3 rb 23% from the floor.

Yeah Bailey was really proven against those great teams. He had 1 really good game out of 6. And happened to miss the tying free throw in that game.

Not sure how you comparing the next non-one-seed teams in the A-10 to the non-one-seed teams in the Big East is backtracking, it's just false equivalence on your part.

And no matter what you might say, Bailey is pretty clearly our best returning player. Maybe that says something about the state of the program. Maybe that says something about recruiting or player development. But he played against Big East teams. Santos-Silva didn't. That's not a debatable point. It's just facts.

Maybe MSS would be great in the Big East. Maybe he'd be Chartouny v2.0. Until we're on a shorter list it's not really relevant. Certainly no more relevant than trying to hype up stats against Duquesne and St. Bonaventure teams that were worse according to kenpom than literally every team in the Big East.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
Not sure how you comparing the next non-one-seed teams in the A-10 to the non-one-seed teams in the Big East is backtracking, it's just false equivalence on your part.

And no matter what you might say, Bailey is pretty clearly our best returning player. Maybe that says something about the state of the program. Maybe that says something about recruiting or player development. But he played against Big East teams. Santos-Silva didn't. That's not a debatable point. It's just facts.

Maybe MSS would be great in the Big East. Maybe he'd be Chartouny v2.0. Until we're on a shorter list it's not really relevant. Certainly no more relevant than trying to hype up stats against Duquesne and St. Bonaventure teams that were worse according to kenpom than literally every team in the Big East.

I didn't compare anything. You brought up the teams. You said MSS wasnt proven. He is proven.

His stats get better the better the competition. That is a fact(since you want to play the fact game). He was at his best in non con games. He was at his best when playing the top teams in the A10.

This caused you to spiral. You then reference Chartouny who shot 29% in the games you referenced. And in those games you referenced unlike MSS his stat line was worse than his season averages. Once again, better implying a decline.

MSS has proven himself against good competition.

Never once did I say Bailey wasn't our best returning player, once again you are back tracking because the facts prove your initial comment idiotic.

The numbers never lie.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2020, 10:50:08 AM »
I didn't compare anything. You brought up the teams. You said MSS wasnt proven. He is proven.

His stats get better the better the competition. That is a fact(since you want to play the fact game). He was at his best in non con games. He was at his best when playing the top teams in the A10.

This caused you to spiral. You then reference Chartouny who shot 29% in the games you referenced. And in those games you referenced unlike MSS his stat line was worse than his season averages. Once again, better implying a decline.

MSS has proven himself against good competition.

Never once did I say Bailey wasn't our best returning player, once again you are back tracking because the facts prove your initial comment idiotic.

The numbers never lie.

You brought up the team by citing the specific teams in the A-10 as evidence that he is proven at the Big East level. I provided appropriate context with the equally in-league Big East teams by rank. You brought up those teams, even if indirectly.

If he gets better in the best games, then how do you explain that in all games, MSS had an offensive rating of 106.5, against conference opponents it drops to 104.0, against Tier A+B opponents it drops to 103.4, and against Tier A only it drops all the way to 96.1.

If the number aren't lying, does that mean you are?

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2020, 11:22:30 AM »
You brought up the team by citing the specific teams in the A-10 as evidence that he is proven at the Big East level. I provided appropriate context with the equally in-league Big East teams by rank. You brought up those teams, even if indirectly.

If he gets better in the best games, then how do you explain that in all games, MSS had an offensive rating of 106.5, against conference opponents it drops to 104.0, against Tier A+B opponents it drops to 103.4, and against Tier A only it drops all the way to 96.1.

If the number aren't lying, does that mean you are?

Because YOU said that he wasn't proven. I proved what he has proven. His averages and FG% both go up against the better competition whether it is non con or A10 top tier teams.

The numbers I supported do not lie. They are factual numbers. So no, I am not lying. The only lie was your implication that I stated Bailey was not our best returning player(never said he was or wasn't).

Better yet. You think if Bailey went into the transfer portal he would have more/more impressive suitors than MSS??? Laughable.

MSS has proven more on a D1 basketball court. That is unarguable.

Take the L and move on.

feedback