Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Was it really largest crowd ever  (Read 7229 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Was it really largest crowd ever
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 07:37:02 AM »
Perhaps it was.  Or perhaps they bought both plans.  Or perhaps whatever.  I was simply correcting what could have been a misconception that Bucky fans buying a 5 pack for 'their' game might have been folks not attending yesterday by pointing out they were distinctly separate plans.  Relax, it's Sunday brother.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »
I’ll share this here too:

About five minutes into the game, four young men came and sat next to me in 210.  They were students.  Apparently the student section was full, so the FF gave them whatever other tickets were available.

Students might have done a better job than us adult fans of actually showing up.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 08:30:37 AM »
I’ll share this here too:

About five minutes into the game, four young men came and sat next to me in 210.  They were students.  Apparently the student section was full, so the FF gave them whatever other tickets were available.

Students might have done a better job than us adult fans of actually showing up.

There has been rumbling about the student section being at overcapacity.  I wonder if the Fiserv security didn't do a good enough job at enforcing the 'STUDENTS ONLY' restriction and thus allowed interlopers to come down from other areas to include any sold SRO tickets.  IF that's true that's something MU has to correct.  Frankly, there had to be tweaks to the Young Alum section after the Bucky game fiasco up there.  And if some a-clowns did that thinking that they were smarter than anyone else, I wish MU could track them down and ban-hammer their arse.  Word is some kids were relegated to the Panorama Club.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 08:37:05 AM »
Just rewatched the game and at the end Brando says that two years ago Marquette defeated number one Villanova in this building.  Someone should tell him it’s a new arena.
He knows it's a new building by his comments about the building on Friday. Just a brain cramp.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »
There has been rumbling about the student section being at overcapacity.  I wonder if the Fiserv security didn't do a good enough job at enforcing the 'STUDENTS ONLY' restriction and thus allowed interlopers to come down from other areas to include any sold SRO tickets.  IF that's true that's something MU has to correct.  Frankly, there had to be tweaks to the Young Alum section after the Bucky game fiasco up there.  And if some a-clowns did that thinking that they were smarter than anyone else, I wish MU could track them down and ban-hammer their arse.  Word is some kids were relegated to the Panorama Club.
2 questions.....
1. Did they in fact sell SRO tickets for the game yesterday? The MU ticket office told me that they weren’t selling them.
2. Can you explain or direct me to the thread regarding the young alum Bucky fiasco?
Thanks.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 08:51:34 AM »
The standing room is sold as part of the student season ticket package.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:39:38 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 08:53:00 AM »
As others have stated, it was largest crowd of the new building. It was not close to largest crowd for MU home game. The BC held 18,600 for basketball.  Many times during Crean and Buzz MU surpassed capacity in the BC.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:13 AM »
The standing room is sold as part of the season ticket package.
We have several season ticket packages.
Was there an email I missed or when were SRO tickets sold?

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »

I just assumed that MU sold more student ticket packages than they have seats, assuming that not all of the ticket holders would show.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »
Perhaps it was.  Or perhaps they bought both plans.  Or perhaps whatever.  I was simply correcting what could have been a misconception that Bucky fans buying a 5 pack for 'their' game might have been folks not attending yesterday by pointing out they were distinctly separate plans.  Relax, it's Sunday brother.

Sorry if my response was taken as "salty".  But who shows up 75% into a game wearing Badgers' colors?  My only explanation was they bought the Badger pack.  But you pointed out the Nova game wasn't in their pack.  Thus the wtf?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »
We have several season ticket packages.
Was there an email I missed or when were SRO tickets sold?
Sorry, I typed wrong.  Student Season Tickets.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
2 questions.....
1. Did they in fact sell SRO tickets for the game yesterday? The MU ticket office told me that they weren’t selling them.
2. Can you explain or direct me to the thread regarding the young alum Bucky fiasco?
Thanks.

Not sure if there was an actual thread about the Young Alum Bucky fiasco, but here is what happened:

Unlike the student section, the young alum section has actual seat assignments.  Many young alum coordinated their ticket purchases so that they could all sit together and made sure they purchased early to get good seats.  During the early cupcake games, people sat wherever they wanted, but no one really cared.

At the Bucky game, chick jr. and her friends got to the section and found people sitting in their seats.  They refused to move, and the usher assigned to that section said that the young alum section was general seating.  Chick jr. eventually found a Fiserv rep who made the people move, and one of the interlopers "accidentally" spilled a full beer on one of her seatmates (a rather expensive act of revenge, but whatever...). No doubt there were many other ticketholders that were denied their proper seats, but perhaps not quite as assertive as my kid.

Afterwards chick jr. sent an email to the ticket office asking them to clarify the seating policy, and soon afterwards, the ticket office sent an email to all of the young alum section ticketholders.  It said that while they weren't going to aggressively enforce it at lower-attendance games, that there are indeed assigned seats, and that they would be educating the Fiserv personnel about the policy.

Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »
It was bizarre but I noticed a ton of empty seats in upper deck all game. Shirts still on seats well into 2nf half, I would assume upper deck was only 80% full.

A lot of people who buy the extreme uppers just go to one of the clubs and watch from there. The skyline club was packed all game

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 10:42:08 AM »
Not sure if there was an actual thread about the Young Alum Bucky fiasco, but here is what happened:

Unlike the student section, the young alum section has actual seat assignments.  Many young alum coordinated their ticket purchases so that they could all sit together and made sure they purchased early to get good seats.  During the early cupcake games, people sat wherever they wanted, but no one really cared.

At the Bucky game, chick jr. and her friends got to the section and found people sitting in their seats.  They refused to move, and the usher assigned to that section said that the young alum section was general seating.  Chick jr. eventually found a Fiserv rep who made the people move, and one of the interlopers "accidentally" spilled a full beer on one of her seatmates (a rather expensive act of revenge, but whatever...). No doubt there were many other ticketholders that were denied their proper seats, but perhaps not quite as assertive as my kid.

Afterwards chick jr. sent an email to the ticket office asking them to clarify the seating policy, and soon afterwards, the ticket office sent an email to all of the young alum section ticketholders.  It said that while they weren't going to aggressively enforce it at lower-attendance games, that there are indeed assigned seats, and that they would be educating the Fiserv personnel about the policy.

Last year at the Bradley center a soccer mom and her 6 children took our entire row of season ticket holders during a December game. Many seats were open but I wanted my front row of course. Soccer mom continued to tell me that the student section was ga and she bought those tickets and thus could sit anywhere. I tried to talk to her for 8 minutes and that she could move up a single row... then I found the usher I referred to as the Gestapo and he removed them very fast.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 11:05:40 AM »

Thank you for the explanation. Good for Chick jr.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »
Chick jr. eventually found a Fiserv rep who made the people move, and one of the interlopers "accidentally" spilled a full beer on one of her seatmates (a rather expensive act of revenge, but whatever...).
People suck...and are stupid.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2019, 01:22:40 PM »

A free Coors light I'm sure.  Ingrate.