'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BEPOY  (Read 2666 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
BEPOY
« on: February 22, 2023, 09:54:48 AM »
I think the race is over.

Best player on the best team. The guy who took over in the biggest game of the year when the game was on the line.

Listened to Brian Butch this morning (who by the way, loves Shaka and the way this team plays). He said the race for PoY is over - TK has already won it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: BEPOY
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 09:59:10 AM »
I think he's now the heavy favorite, but I don't think it's quite a lock until we clinch a Big East title. If something crazy happens in these last few games and Boum, Hopkins, or Kalkbrenner lead one of their teams to the title, I think it would shift.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 09:59:40 AM »
Just about everyone has TK as the front runner if not already winning.

Dummy Casey Jacobson in the studio last night post game said "kolek will enter the conversation if Marquette wins the BE outright"

Basically thought it was partially a joke for TK to be the current front runner

So theres at least 1 block head out there.

Hopkins could have 4 big games to close as Prov finishes with 4 losses and threaten. Boum winning would be a joke.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 10:02:45 AM »
Hopkins could have 4 big games to close as Prov finishes with 4 losses and threaten. Boum winning would be a joke.

Boum could only win it if they somehow end up with the title and he went ballistic over these last few games. I could see the narrative of "picked up his team with Freemantle out and put them on his back" winning people over.

Doesn't matter though, we're winning that title.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 10:04:17 AM »
Hopkins leads the league in scoring and rebounding.  If PC ties MU for the title he'll probably get it (especially given they'll most likely need to win at UCONN and against Xavier, while MU will have had to take a bad loss, so PC will have more of the hype going down the stretch than MU).  If MU takes care of business, Kolek should get it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 10:04:34 AM »
Boum could only win it if they somehow end up with the title and he went ballistic over these last few games. I could see the narrative of "picked up his team with Freemantle out and put them on his back" winning people over.

Doesn't matter though, we're winning that title.

Yeah Ive pretty much ruled out the possibility of that. But some other BE boards still have fans(not even X fans) talking about him being front runner right now.

That is nuts.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 10:12:31 AM »
I agree with what PGsHeroes32 says, that Hopkins could still prove his worthiness like Kolek has done. Hell, I'd say that both Hopkins and Sanogo could do tonight what Tyler did last night. If so, one might rightly say that they would have put a strong claim on POY.

But, if MU wins it outright and Tyler continues to shine, it might be hard not to award it to him.

If he doesn't win it, "F**k 'em!"

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 10:14:45 AM »
To win BEPOY you need to perform in the biggest games.

Boum’s chances ended by losing to MU and Nova. Kalkbrenner’s chances ended last night. Hopkins is the only one left as a threat to Kolek, and his chances might just end tonight.

Nuts will be BEPOY!

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 10:14:51 AM »
Yeah Ive pretty much ruled out the possibility of that. But some other BE boards still have fans(not even X fans) talking about him being front runner right now.

That is nuts.

Some hardcore X fan friends of mine pointed out the difference in how Kolek finished out last night's game in contrast to Boum's two big TOs in the last minute against MU. Boum struggled down the stretch last night for X too. In their view, Kolek secured POY last night barring something drastic down the stretch.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 10:20:44 AM »
I hope he does not win it. I want to see him come back with a chip on his shoulder and see what he can do. Yes, that should be in teal.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
I think the race is over.

Best player on the best team. The guy who took over in the biggest game of the year when the game was on the line.

Listened to Brian Butch this morning (who by the way, loves Shaka and the way this team plays). He said the race for PoY is over - TK has already won it.

I hated Butch as a Badger. But I love his media work. He is fantastic on air. I love his enthusiasm. Crazy how much my perception of him has changed over time.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2023, 10:26:11 AM »
I hated Butch as a Badger. But I love his media work. He is fantastic on air. I love his enthusiasm. Crazy how much my perception of him has changed over time.

+1

His broadcasting work is very good.  I’d much rather he call MU’s games than many others. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2023, 10:28:52 AM »
found my Christmas gift

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2023, 10:59:12 AM »
When is the voting for BE POY?

Is it before or after the BET? If it is after the BET, recency bias could affect the voting and a team that does well in MSG could propel its leader to win POY.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2023, 10:59:57 AM »
When is the voting for BE POY?

Is it before or after the BET? If it is after the BET, recency bias could affect the voting and a team that does well in MSG could propel its leader to win POY.

Right when regular season ends I believe

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2023, 11:01:38 AM »
Ah, the good old days when I compared him to Brunson after the Illinois game.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2023, 11:06:13 AM »
I thought Big East awards are reserved for those east of the Pennsylvania/Ohio border.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

NBBomber

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 11:27:01 AM »
With all the references to large and profound nuts, is anyone else thankful that Brad Davison has exhausted his seven years of eligibility?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023, 11:46:02 AM »

He is insufferable calling badger though

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 11:47:50 AM »
I think he has to play well and have MU win their last three games.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 11:50:25 AM »
Ah, the good old days when I compared him to Brunson after the Illinois game.

This was your best early on call you've made.  You tend to be someone who doesn't opine until season(s) of data, but you nailed this one early.  Well done.  I thought it was a good comp at that time too, but one I would not have made.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 11:59:38 AM »
+1

His broadcasting work is very good.  I’d much rather he call MU’s games than many others.

Agreed.  My only complaint is his voice sounds like Dan Dakich.  I like Dakich's input, he clearly knows the game, but he never stops talking.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 12:41:38 PM »
What an amazing 2H of the conference slate Tyler has had.

A month and a half ago we woulda considered him a first teamer, but not in contention for BEPOY.

Dudes earned all the praise

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 01:28:31 PM »
What an amazing 2H of the conference slate Tyler has had.

A month and a half ago we woulda considered him a first teamer, but not in contention for BEPOY.

Dudes earned all the praise

Last year I used to tell my friends "That Kolek kid reminds me of Travis Diener, not to say he is as good as Diener.  Just he plays like him"  This morning I said.  "I really believe he's BETTER than Diener"  Assuming he stays at least through next year we may be talking retire his jersey good.  His development has been amazing

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2023, 07:29:32 PM »
Hopkins will taking an absolute railing from Uconn

Had 16 pts but on 4/10, with ZERO rebounds. 1 assists. 2 TOs.

Thats exactly what the TK backers like us needed.

feedback