'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If we would have had a STOG  (Read 680 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
If we would have had a STOG
« on: March 16, 2024, 08:27:16 PM »
I've often thought that our top three could compare to UConn's, but 4 & 5 was there they would outdo us.  Stevie's  a defensive menace who occasionally contributes offensively but is a tone setter.  I always saw the weak point as Jop. But Jop would have been my STOG candidate tonight. The sequence where he had a hoop, a block, and a steal (not necessarily in that order since I'm away from a replay) was truly impressive. He didn't rain down 3's (as I'd wished for) but he played hard defense (that I never thought I'd see from him) and rebounded well. I think his progress has been impressive. His drives continue to be an issue, but there are more positive results from that than we saw in prior years. I am sure that the staff will have issues for him to work on over the summer, and I bet he'll address hem. I am looking forward to next year's Jolp.

lawdog77

• All American
Re: If we would have had a STOG
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 08:30:39 PM »
I've often thought that our top three could compare to UConn's, but 4 & 5 was there they would outdo us.  Stevie's  a defensive menace who occasionally contributes offensively but is a tone setter.  I always saw the weak point as Jop. But Jop would have been my STOG candidate tonight. The sequence where he had a hoop, a block, and a steal (not necessarily in that order since I'm away from a replay) was truly impressive. He didn't rain down 3's (as I'd wished for) but he played hard defense (that I never thought I'd see from him) and rebounded well. I think his progress has been impressive. His drives continue to be an issue, but there are more positive results from that than we saw in prior years. I am sure that the staff will have issues for him to work on over the summer, and I bet he'll address hem. I am looking forward to next year's Jolp.
He owned Karaban, who will probaably be playing in the NBA next year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 08:33:29 PM »
Jop was solid today.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:34:19 PM »
Played some nice D, too. If we get this Jop in the NCAAT, it would be a major bonus.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 09:24:32 PM »
If there were to be a SOTG…..it would have been started by half.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 09:28:44 PM »
Appreciated Jop's play...but 0-6 from deep is a problem.