collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127369 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #10975 on: August 21, 2021, 11:41:51 PM »

Understand that selfish dumbf*cks are taking up room in the hospitals?  I know that.

Right.  So it's not over.  Those people affect us all.  So while yes, the vaccinated won't die from covid, they may die because of full hospital beds. 

My friends grandmother had to be seen in the hallway of a hospital two days ago because there is no more room.

So it's NOT over for the vaccinated.  This was always the concern.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10976 on: August 22, 2021, 01:42:08 AM »
Right.  So it's not over.  Those people affect us all.  So while yes, the vaccinated won't die from covid, they may die because of full hospital beds. 

My friends grandmother had to be seen in the hallway of a hospital two days ago because there is no more room.

So it's NOT over for the vaccinated.  This was always the concern.

When I say it’s over, I mean with the immediate impact of Covid illness.

Didn’t think I had to explain what I was obviously referencing.

You and forgetful make a cute, fearmongering pair. Too bad neither one of you understand statistics.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10977 on: August 22, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »
  come on adolf!  you really struggle outside of the box, but  "freedom from the cure??  so now you "experts" are claiming the vaccine "cures" us of the virus??  what about those who've already had the virus?   

Well, you can't fix stupid
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10978 on: August 22, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »
Glow I agree with you with one exception.  As long as we are stressing the hospital systems (and in Orlando water services), this unfortunately isn’t over.

It weighs too heavily on people’s behavior.

Fair enough.  But the follow-up is what should the typical vaxxed person do about it?  Hide in the basement?  The reality is there isn't anything I can do about it except take modest, reasonable mitigation steps. And the societal price of acting like there is no solution to our problem (meaning full lockdowns like in May '20) is a price too great to pay.

Unfortunately, unvaxxed folks will continue to get the disease and far too many will pass.  And do note that I'm a proponent of the 'being unvaxxed isn't a protected class' notion.  So I'm totally okay with limitations on behavior such as those announced by Summerfest recently. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10979 on: August 22, 2021, 09:36:08 AM »
When I say it’s over, I mean with the immediate impact of Covid illness.

Didn’t think I had to explain what I was obviously referencing.

You and forgetful make a cute, fearmongering pair. Too bad neither one of you understand statistics.

Ah, so you didn't mean what you said, and we were all left here to figure out what you REALLY meant. 

I'm not a fearmonger.  I have been basically right about this thing since March 2020.  As I said yesterday, we are back at square one with WHY this virus is so dangerous.  Full hospitals and exhausted health care professionals.  Personally, I think they should start turning away unvaccinated Covid patients at hospitals.  Because you know, "it's just a bit of the flu".

Is it over for you if you've been vaccinated?  As long as you don't need a hospital bed. 

Saying forgetful and I don't understand statistics is the cherry on top of your post. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #10980 on: August 22, 2021, 10:13:57 AM »
Ah, so you didn't mean what you said, and we were all left here to figure out what you REALLY meant. 

I'm not a fearmonger.  I have been basically right about this thing since March 2020.  As I said yesterday, we are back at square one with WHY this virus is so dangerous.  Full hospitals and exhausted health care professionals.  Personally, I think they should start turning away unvaccinated Covid patients at hospitals.  Because you know, "it's just a bit of the flu".

Is it over for you if you've been vaccinated?  As long as you don't need a hospital bed. 

Saying forgetful and I don't understand statistics is the cherry on top of your post. 

It’s been clear what I meant. Your intellectual dishonesty attributed a different meaning.

And you don’t understand stats. Sorry.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10981 on: August 22, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
Fair enough.  But the follow-up is what should the typical vaxxed person do about it?  Hide in the basement?  The reality is there isn't anything I can do about it except take modest, reasonable mitigation steps. And the societal price of acting like there is no solution to our problem (meaning full lockdowns like in May '20) is a price too great to pay.

Unfortunately, unvaxxed folks will continue to get the disease and far too many will pass.  And do note that I'm a proponent of the 'being unvaxxed isn't a protected class' notion.  So I'm totally okay with limitations on behavior such as those announced by Summerfest recently.

Clearly we all can do the 1:1 things you when the opportunity presents itself. I don’t think anyone is actually suggesting what you bring up in your first sentence. 

Beyond that I think the latter is what we need to do— make it known that we support common sense limitations on those infringing on our ability to put this behind us. Ensure our leaders don’t restrict the ability for businesses or communities to implement them if they feel it’s necessary.  Finally support those who are putting mitigating factors in place and set an example.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #10982 on: August 22, 2021, 10:50:50 AM »

Beyond that I think the latter is what we need to do— make it known that we support common sense limitations on those infringing on our ability to put this behind us. Ensure our leaders don’t restrict the ability for businesses or communities to implement them if they feel it’s necessary.  Finally support those who are putting mitigating factors in place and set an example.

I agree with all you say.

The problem is that we have one party full of people who not only take no responsibility for themselves, but actively push policies to kill people. We are talking tens of millions of people. Until that problem is solved, this is not over.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10983 on: August 22, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »

Great!  Never heard that one before…you old guys are cute when you use old worn out sayings when you want to avoid backing up your week knee’d bullchit

Even fluff and glow are closer to right than you fear mongering jb46’ers. Time for your oat meal and nap

btw, whatever happened to the influenza??
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10984 on: August 22, 2021, 11:35:51 AM »
Great!  Never heard that one before…you old guys are cute when you use old worn out sayings when you want to avoid backing up your week knee’d bullchit

Even fluff and glow are closer to right than you fear mongering jb46’ers. Time for your oat meal and nap

This is confusing on more dimensions than I can even count.

But, sure, I give up: you are right, this is just like Nazi Germany. Sorry I didn't see that before. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Could you also share some of your "invormectin"?
I'll bet smallpox is really sad the GQP wasn't in charge back in the day.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #10985 on: August 22, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
This is confusing on more dimensions than I can even count.

But, sure, I give up: you are right, this is just like Nazi Germany. Sorry I didn't see that before. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Could you also share some of your "invormectin"?
I'll bet smallpox is really sad the GQP wasn't in charge back in the day.

There is little doubt we’d still have smallpox and polio and numerous other diseases still around had social media been around when they were eradicated.

I have to go take my nap but first I’m changing 45’s diaper
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10986 on: August 22, 2021, 01:35:44 PM »

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10987 on: August 22, 2021, 02:33:30 PM »

It’s been clear what I meant. Your intellectual dishonesty attributed a different meaning.

And you don’t understand stats. Sorry.

To you.  I'm not the only one here calling BS.  Next  time say what you mean instead of some broad statement like, "It's over for the vaccinated".

And you're right, I don't understand anything.  Send help from the ivory tower.

Or, just stop being such a cockbag to everyone.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10988 on: August 22, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »
All class ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wokey wokey!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10989 on: August 22, 2021, 05:48:27 PM »
All class ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wokey wokey!

Hello, Mr. Pot. I see you've met Mr. Kettle.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #10990 on: August 22, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
Gosh, that, coming from you, really hurts.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10991 on: August 22, 2021, 07:44:45 PM »
We’re one more spike of name calling pot shots from another COVID thread lockdown

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10992 on: August 22, 2021, 08:22:32 PM »

No doubt hospitals are full.  They’re always full, what % of beds are currently taken up by Covid patients is the more important question.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10993 on: August 22, 2021, 08:25:06 PM »
Jesse Jackson and his wife just hospitalized with COVID.

Both vaccinated back in January.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/21/us/rev-jesse-jackson-wife-hospitalized-coronavirus/index.html

Did they get both doses?  Heard on radio JJ only got one of Pfizer but have a hard time believing he wouldn’t get the second.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10994 on: August 22, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »
Did they get both doses?  Heard on radio JJ only got one of Pfizer but have a hard time believing he wouldn’t get the second.

No way of knowing 100%, but he was photographed getting the vaccine, and has been an advocate for vaccination amongst African Americans. Speculating he didn't get the 2nd dose would be inconsistent with all reporting and his stance on the issue.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10995 on: August 22, 2021, 08:45:58 PM »
No doubt hospitals are full.  They’re always full, what % of beds are currently taken up by Covid patients is the more important question.

Hospitals are always full?

Source?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10996 on: August 22, 2021, 08:49:57 PM »

Uhhhh...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/185904/hospital-occupancy-rate-in-the-us-since-2001/

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10997 on: August 22, 2021, 08:59:10 PM »
Uhhhh...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/185904/hospital-occupancy-rate-in-the-us-since-2001/

Uhhh, didn’t answer my question. 

Sorry, when I say full I didn’t mean 100% full everyday of every year.  But go to any ICU in any a metro area and their ICUs/drop down units are always running 80%+ capacity.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:01:43 PM by PaceArrow02 »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10998 on: August 22, 2021, 09:05:18 PM »

Sorry, when I say full I didn’t mean 100% full everyday of every year.  But go to any ICU in any a metro area and their ICUs/drop down units are always running 80%+ capacity.

Citation needed.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10999 on: August 22, 2021, 09:07:07 PM »

If you want to know, 20-30% of all ICU beds in hard hit areas right now are strictly occupied by COVID patients.

There is never, ever, such high usage for a single illness. Not even close.

The result is stopping any and all other surgeries. There are gunshot victims being told to wait for surgery, because an ICU bed is not available. I have a friends dad, who needed cancer surgery that would prolong his life, canceled, because no ICU beds available.

That is what happens when 20-30% of all ICU beds are tied up for a single illness. And its not old people now. It is much younger. There was a couple in our neighborhood, both low 30's, both fully vaccinated in May, both were in the ICU and barely made it. The church had to rally together to care for their two young kids (no family around) for the 2-weeks their parents were on ventilators.