collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127365 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7725 on: July 29, 2020, 04:08:14 PM »
Louie Gohmert is also affectionately known as America's Dumbest Congressperson.

A step up for Lil Louie.

Before being elected, he was affectionately know as America's Dumbest.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7726 on: July 29, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/didnt-run-plays-ex-officials-trump-administration-didnt-081634259--abc-news-topstories.html

Bush administration, Obama administration, both produced pandemic playbooks.    Table top exercises.  Notes.   Evaluations.   What worked and didn't during H1N1.     Trump administration ignored both.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7727 on: July 29, 2020, 04:18:24 PM »
It gets worse...

"Gohmert, 66, said in a televised interview that he wonders if he may have caught the virus from wearing his mask.

'I can’t help but wonder ... if I injected the virus into my mask when I was moving,' he said in an interview."

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/29/louie-gohmert-coronavirus/amp/

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7728 on: July 29, 2020, 05:17:52 PM »
More from Goober Gohmert:

“I can’t help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place that if I might have put some germs, some of the virus, onto the mask and breathed it in,” Gohmert told KETK News.

This is the inevitable end point of 40 years of anti-science, anti-intellectualism from Republicans--a President that tweets out support from a witchdoctor and a Congressman that thinks masks cause one to get sick.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7729 on: July 29, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/didnt-run-plays-ex-officials-trump-administration-didnt-081634259--abc-news-topstories.html

Bush administration, Obama administration, both produced pandemic playbooks.    Table top exercises.  Notes.   Evaluations.   What worked and didn't during H1N1.     Trump administration ignored both.   

“People say” trump has done the best job in the world on Covid. Who are we to argue?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7730 on: July 29, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »

“I can’t help but wonder if by keeping a mask on and keeping it in place that if I might have put some germs, some of the virus, onto the mask and breathed it in,” Gohmert told KETK News.

I’m an old man, but that may be the dumbest statement I have heard in my life.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7731 on: July 29, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »

This is the inevitable end point of 40 years of anti-science, anti-intellectualism from Republicans--a President that tweets out support from a witchdoctor and a Congressman that thinks masks cause one to get sick.

I sure f*cking hope this is the end point.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #7732 on: July 29, 2020, 06:52:01 PM »
sports can survive if athletes can refrain from the clubs and house parties during their season. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7733 on: July 29, 2020, 07:43:36 PM »
sports can survive if athletes can refrain from the clubs and house parties during their season.

It would at least give them a fighting chance. The MLB ought to require that all players and household members act as though a stay at home order is in place, with the only exceptions being official team activities (practices, games, road trips). With the kind of money they make, they can get their groceries and other essentials delivered by GrubHub.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #7734 on: July 29, 2020, 07:52:02 PM »

It would at least give them a fighting chance. The MLB ought to require that all players and household members act as though a stay at home order is in place, with the only exceptions being official team activities (practices, games, road trips). With the kind of money they make, they can get their groceries and other essentials delivered by GrubHub.

I think that was the expectation.  I know  Counsell brought up the sacrifices each of them had to make but said it was for a short time and if they are focused on their job and all have bought into the plan it gives them the best chance.

Its not too hard to figure out bars/clubs are just pools of viruses.  Even the baseball clubhouse is.  I am shocked they are using the club house.  MLB should go old school players carry a bag to and from games and change at the hotel

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7735 on: July 29, 2020, 10:41:28 PM »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7736 on: July 30, 2020, 01:04:49 AM »
United States is not in a position to get control of the virus. This is from Johns Hopkins (not from a witch doctor), so I guess we have to take it with a grain of salt.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7737 on: July 30, 2020, 01:08:02 AM »
As I predicted a week or two ago, deaths are now skyrocketing. It’s gonna get worse. And then schools will open.

As I said yesterday, buckle up.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7738 on: July 30, 2020, 02:18:35 AM »
United States is not in a position to get control of the virus. This is from Johns Hopkins (not from a witch doctor), so I guess we have to take it with a grain of salt.

Our national strategy is find a vaccine. That’s it.

But we are done with economic relief too.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7740 on: July 30, 2020, 09:04:05 AM »

But we are done with economic relief too.

I disagree completely. Dems want it and trump wants re-election. McConnell will jump when trump tells him to jump (and won't come down til trump says it is OK).

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7741 on: July 30, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »
I disagree completely. Dems want it and trump wants re-election. McConnell will jump when trump tells him to jump (and won't come down til trump says it is OK).

Lots of pork in the latest proposal. Fighter jets? They suffering from the virus?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7742 on: July 30, 2020, 09:26:55 AM »
Lots of pork in the latest proposal. Fighter jets? They suffering from the virus?

And $1.5 billion for a new FBI headquarters lol

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7743 on: July 30, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7744 on: July 30, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »
Appears we've lost one of our own.
RIP, Herman.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/herman-cain-obituary/2020/07/30/id/979733/

Likely caught Covid going to the Trump rally in Tulsa. Didn’t wear a mask.

Another completely avoidable death Trump bears responsibility for and will not care about.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7745 on: July 30, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
Appears we've lost one of our own.
RIP, Herman.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/herman-cain-obituary/2020/07/30/id/979733/

Had to see this coming.  We hadn't heard about him in weeks.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7746 on: July 30, 2020, 09:54:21 AM »
I hope this can serve as a wake up call to some to take it seriously. Unfortunately, I still see posts from people directly affected saying they don’t trust the media’s reporting of this and it’s their right not to wear a mask. Even Gohmert thought he contracted it from the mask.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #7747 on: July 30, 2020, 10:04:28 AM »
Gohmert thought he contracted it from the mask.

Mama says "stupid is as stupid does"

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #7748 on: July 30, 2020, 10:04:43 AM »
I hope this can serve as a wake up call to some to take it seriously. Unfortunately, I still see posts from people directly affected saying they don’t trust the media’s reporting of this and it’s their right not to wear a mask. Even Gohmert thought he contracted it from the mask.

Including Cain's own twitter account less than 24 hours ago.

No wake up call for him.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7749 on: July 30, 2020, 10:07:20 AM »
Including Cain's own twitter account less than 24 hours ago.

No wake up call for him.

I suspect Herman hasn't been running his own twitter account in recent days, if ever.
Though I suppose there is some irony in the fact that the people he entrusted to run his social media played down the disease as he laid in a hospital dying from it.