collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127364 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7300 on: July 16, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »
Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron filed a motion Wednesday to block all of Gov. Andy Beshear's past and future executive orders under the current COVID-19 state of emergency.

Working hard to kill Americans.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7301 on: July 16, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »
Hey, that was my idea!

It was a good one.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #7302 on: July 16, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
NM

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7303 on: July 16, 2020, 05:19:04 PM »
No. Based on data I saw in an article today that showed the pattern of increased cases, increased hospitalizations, and then what comes next. Follows same pattern that we saw in NY.

I will try to find the article and post the link.

Here's the link, Frenn's:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/second-coronavirus-death-surge/614122/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7304 on: July 16, 2020, 07:41:14 PM »

Here's the link, Frenn's:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/07/second-coronavirus-death-surge/614122/

The new deaths in the west and particularly the south look troublesome.

And the case numbers continue to rise. Over 68,000 today, per Johns Hopkins.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7305 on: July 16, 2020, 08:35:58 PM »
What’s to be made of these independent labs in Florida returning 100% results for full days of testing? To be fair there are some with 100% negative days as well but that’s a bit more likely given percentages.

Spoke to a former business partner earlier today who relocated to Florida. His son, daughter in law and grandson are staying with them. The 4 of them plus his wife went to get tested. Checked in, registered, waited 2-3 hours and left without being tested. They got notified later that all 5 of them were positive  :o

I know testing labs are overburdened, and the delays are atrocious, and I’m not calling conspiracy, but WTF

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #7306 on: July 16, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »
What’s to be made of these independent labs in Florida returning 100% results for full days of testing? To be fair there are some with 100% negative days as well but that’s a bit more likely given percentages.

Spoke to a former business partner earlier today who relocated to Florida. His son, daughter in law and grandson are staying with them. The 4 of them plus his wife went to get tested. Checked in, registered, waited 2-3 hours and left without being tested. They got notified later that all 5 of them were positive  :o

I know testing labs are overburdened, and the delays are atrocious, and I’m not calling conspiracy, but WTF

Nice.  Looks like quality control is absolute crap.  Just what we need to get this thing under control.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7307 on: July 16, 2020, 09:37:12 PM »
Makes no sense whatsoever. I theorize that they put Florida Man in charge of overseeing labs.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7308 on: July 16, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »
I jumped the gun on today’s case numbers. Apparently the total now stands at more than 74,000 new cases today...several thousand higher than the previous record.

This is not moving in the right direction.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7309 on: July 16, 2020, 10:01:25 PM »
I jumped the gun on today’s case numbers. Apparently the total now stands at more than 74,000 new cases today...several thousand higher than the previous record.

Get those numbers from the CDC?

Ah,... oops.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7310 on: July 16, 2020, 11:37:40 PM »
At least they're being honest.

The Washington Post @washingtonpost

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on school reopenings:
"The science should not stand in the way of this.”
pic.twitter.com/w6H9DM0uTV

hey jim, you forgetting something here?

"The science should not stand in the way of this, but as Dr. Scott Atlas said -- I thought this was a good quote, 'Of course, we can do it. Everyone else in the Western world, our peer nations are doing it. We are the outlier here,'" McEnany said, quoting the former Stanford Medical Center neurology chief.

"The science is very clear on this. For example, you look at the JAMA pediatric study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than the seasonal flu. The science is on our side here. We encourage localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools," she continued

don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7311 on: July 16, 2020, 11:45:48 PM »
Deaths about to skyrocket.

mark this post.  what's skyrocket?  like new york's nursing homes?  you guys are a piece of work and then come up with a source-the atlantic?  might as well have found it in doc fauci's interview with motha jones.  this is all so new, but making predictions like global blah blah based on squat.  when they don't even come close to becoming true, you just move along to the next "expert's" catastrophic prediction.       
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7312 on: July 17, 2020, 12:09:14 AM »

It's not significantly better, but that may be inflated by a couple thousand.  According to worldometers:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
73,388 new cases and 963 new deaths in the United States
NOTE: Texas: Bexar County reported 5,501 cases today, 691 of which represent new cases, while 4,810 were backlogged, the result of "kinks in the communication process with the state, and that cases have been underreported in the past two weeks" according to reports citing San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg. Some of the 21 reported deaths were also backlogged [source] Worldometer has redistributed the 4,810 backlogged cases over the previous 14 days based on the existing pattern of Bexar County daily case increases over the same period

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7314 on: July 17, 2020, 06:56:03 AM »
mark this post.  what's skyrocket?  like new york's nursing homes?  you guys are a piece of work and then come up with a source-the atlantic?  might as well have found it in doc fauci's interview with motha jones.  this is all so new, but making predictions like global blah blah based on squat.  when they don't even come close to becoming true, you just move along to the next "expert's" catastrophic prediction.     

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a valid source? 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7315 on: July 17, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a valid source?

The guy who had a long planned fishing trip that coincidentally was during the day after his head writer was found out to be a racist and misogynistic bigot.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7316 on: July 17, 2020, 07:44:12 AM »

"The science should not stand in the way of this, but as Dr. Scott Atlas said -- I thought this was a good quote, 'Of course, we can do it. Everyone else in the Western world, our peer nations are doing it. We are the outlier here,'" McEnany said, quoting the former Stanford Medical Center neurology chief.

"The science is very clear on this. For example, you look at the JAMA pediatric study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than the seasonal flu. The science is on our side here. We encourage localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools," she continued

It's not just about the kids, it's about who they spread it to.  For the one millionth time, I am telling this to a "health care professional."  FFS.

And the rest of the western world can open up the schools because they have done a better job than we have.  We decided a few weeks ago that we won, and that we needed to LIBERATE, and now look what's happening. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #7317 on: July 17, 2020, 09:49:52 AM »
Attached is risk of death based off latest CDC figures.

Of course death isn’t the only thing we need to worry about here, no one wants to get sick and there could be long term health issues as a result but let’s remember that this virus has become largely manageable with improved treatments and early detection.

Don’t want to lose site of the forest folks.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7318 on: July 17, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »
It's not just about death, it's about spread.

Look at Texas.  It has largely started with the young and has spread to the older and more vulnerable. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #7319 on: July 17, 2020, 10:05:35 AM »
It's not just about death, it's about spread.

Look at Texas.  It has largely started with the young and has spread to the older and more vulnerable.

I laugh at FB posts I see where it says less than 1% of the population has gotten this so why are we doing this for such a small percentage. The part everyone forgets is that it’s “so far.” Until we manage the spread of this, there’s no end in sight, and those numbers just get bigger.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7320 on: July 17, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »

Doubling down on stupid? Why of course you are.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7321 on: July 17, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »

Of course death isn’t the only thing we need to worry about here, no one wants to get sick and there could be long term health issues as a result but let’s remember that this virus has become largely manageable with improved treatments and early detection.

It's interesting to see how some become so immune to needless deaths of their fellow humans.
Every tiny percentage here represents thousands of your fellow Americans. That is the forest, folks. Try to be a little less flippant about it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7322 on: July 17, 2020, 10:10:21 AM »

So is the plan for kids to go to school and stay there, in a bubble? Because if not, setting aside what you seem to deem as a minor inconvenience of tens of thousands dying and/or having serious organ damage, they are going to come back home each day and be disease vectors. See: Israel.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #7323 on: July 17, 2020, 10:43:50 AM »
It's interesting to see how some become so immune to needless deaths of their fellow humans.
Every tiny percentage here represents thousands of your fellow Americans. That is the forest, folks. Try to be a little less flippant about it.

Why have you been so flippant about pneumonia, influenza, HAIs, sepsis, or other preventable deaths in previous years? 

I’m all for doing what we can (within reason) to limit any and all kinds of preventable death .  The “within reason” part is what we’re allowing to divide our country even further.  To suggest a COVID death in 2020 is more devastating then an influenza death in 2019 or in 2022 is what confuses me.   

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #7324 on: July 17, 2020, 10:48:50 AM »
So is the plan for kids to go to school and stay there, in a bubble? Because if not, setting aside what you seem to deem as a minor inconvenience of tens of thousands dying and/or having serious organ damage, they are going to come back home each day and be disease vectors. See: Israel.

Contagious and communicable diseases have been around forever and they will continue to be around for infinity. 

We do everything we can to eliminate these preventable deaths within reason and what we determine as a country/local community to be within reason seems incredibly inconsistent when you bounce from virus to virus. 

Why is COVID deaths more important and thus require these draconian measures that we don’t usually even entertain when it comes to other preventable deaths?

feedback