collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127399 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #5125 on: May 10, 2020, 10:07:07 PM »
You're right, he really should seek help.

Just solidify the fact that you are an assholė.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5126 on: May 11, 2020, 07:50:03 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that if the phrase "No Shirt. No Shoes. No Service" came out today, that a segment of our society would view it as an affront to their personal freedoms and walk around protesting shirtless and shoeless.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5127 on: May 11, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »
Some Costco members, including leaders of influential right-wing groups, are threatening to boycott the chain for requiring shoppers to wear facemasks.

https://www.today.com/food/people-want-boycott-costco-over-store-s-new-mandatory-mask-t181002?campaign_id=4&emc=edit_dk_20200511&instance_id=18386&nl=dealbook&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=27244&te=1&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

Last week, Costco announced it would be requiring all shoppers to wear a mask or face covering "that covers the mouth and nose at all times" while in stores nationwide. Those under the age of 2 are exempt from the policy.

The retailer's decision is line with current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which has been advising people to wear some type of facial covering "in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies), especially in areas of significant community-based transmission." The CDC says that even simple face coverings are better than nothing in order to "slow the spread" and limit the transmission of coronavirus, even among those who don't know they might be infected.

Despite this recommendation, which has been issued for people in all 50 states, Costco faced immediate backlash from a sizable number of people who declared they would no longer shop at the big-box retailer if forced to cover their faces.

@Costco
You have hit a new low... you are an American corporation with an obligation to support our American values, dictating face mask for your workers is one thing but forcing this on your loyal members who paid for a membership is a complete abuse of power. #boycottcostco
— Eric Torres (@therealeric87) May 6, 2020

Ashley Smith, a leader at ReOpen NC, has been calling for a boycott of both Costco and Whole Foods stores.

“We cannot let them normalize the fear — it allows them to drag out the closures and restrictions and will make it easier for them to do this to the country every flu season moving forward,” Smith posted on Facebook.

Yeah! Why should we be required to protect Costco employees and our fellow citizens? Our freedoms give us the right to go into private businesses and infect people if that's what we want to do! It's OK for our president to not wear a mask in a mask factory, even though it was a rule there, and it's OK for our vice president to not wear a mask in the Mayo Clinic, where every shred of common sense dictates that he should have done so ... so it has to be OK for us to not wear masks at Costco! MAGA!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #5128 on: May 11, 2020, 08:48:47 AM »
I read that. I’ve not been a member but am thinking of joining now.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5129 on: May 11, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/anti-lockdown-protesters-carry-weapons-north-carolina-sandwich-shop-n1204081

Related... If requiring masks in public is infringing upon our rights, what about regular clothing? How far are we going to take this line of thinking?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5130 on: May 11, 2020, 08:50:57 AM »
Sadly this is all meant to divide us. 

Testing, tracing and eventually treatment/vaccine are the way out of this global pandemic.  Economically we need to blunt the impact to those affected.  Achieves all of our objectives.  I’m going to spend my limited energy worrying about those items and throw my support behind leaders that advance those causes. May result in me being much more local in my focus & effort. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #5131 on: May 11, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
Seriously, where is the president in all of this. Where is he in saying we all need to make some sacrifices for the health of America. Wear a mask (and he can lead with wearing the mask).

Heck, sell some "Make America Safe Again" masks (come to think of it, Scoop should monetize this idea), and market them to your followers.

Such a simple thing, and not something that needed to be made a political issue.

edit: Crap, someone already monetized the "Make America Safe Again" mask.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5132 on: May 11, 2020, 09:04:02 AM »
Seriously, where is the president in all of this. Where is he in saying we all need to make some sacrifices for the health of America. Wear a mask (and he can lead with wearing the mask).

Heck, sell some "Make America Safe Again" masks (come to think of it, Scoop should monetize this idea), and market them to your followers.

Such a simple thing, and not something that needed to be made a political issue.

edit: Crap, someone already monetized the "Make America Safe Again" mask.

i agree a simple gesture of trump and pence wearing a mask would have gone a long way

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5133 on: May 11, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
Some Costco members, including leaders of influential right-wing groups, are threatening to boycott the chain for requiring shoppers to wear facemasks.

These are the same people who post videos of themselves smashing their Keurigs and think they've owned the libs.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5134 on: May 11, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »

Testing, tracing and eventually treatment/vaccine are the way out of this global pandemic.  Economically we need to blunt the impact to those affected.  Achieves all of our objectives.  I’m going to spend my limited energy worrying about those items and throw my support behind leaders that advance those causes. May result in me being much more local in my focus & effort.

Very true. CDC seems to have been forced to abandon its fundamental mission to do those very things (or at least silenced when it does), so we are left with state and local officials to carry the banner. A few are doing a very good job against immense political pressure, while others are caving before the numbers say they should.

And I feel even better about shopping at Costco than I did yesterday....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5135 on: May 11, 2020, 09:07:33 AM »

I don't think Costco requiring masks was "meant to divide us." I hope that's not what you're saying.

If requiring masks in public is infringing upon our rights, what about regular clothing? How far are we going to take this line of thinking?

Yeah! I have the right to go anywhere I want naked! That truly would scare the coronavirus into hiding!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5136 on: May 11, 2020, 09:17:15 AM »
i agree a simple gesture of trump and pence wearing a mask would have gone a long way

Agreed. Interestingly, POTUS apparently fears that a mask - a mask! - would make him "look ridiculous."

https://apnews.com/7dce310db6e85b31d735e81d0af6769c

Moreover, Trump, who is known to be especially cognizant of his appearance on television, has also told confidants that he fears he would look ridiculous in a mask and the image would appear in negative ads.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5137 on: May 11, 2020, 09:20:28 AM »
Went to Costco Friday.   Everybody wearing a mask except one Karen who looked like she was hoping to be confronted.  Character revealed.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5138 on: May 11, 2020, 09:22:54 AM »

Agreed. Interestingly, POTUS apparently fears that a mask - a mask! - would make him "look ridiculous."

Moreover, Trump, who is known to be especially cognizant of his appearance on television, has also told confidants that he fears he would look ridiculous in a mask and the image would appear in negative ads.

He's not wrong. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5139 on: May 11, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »
Just solidify the fact that you are an assholė.

Would you two be white knighting for TSmith?  Doubt it.  You're hypocrites.

Apparently its fine to bring back JayBee, but I say WD/Chicos needs mental health help (he legit does), and I'm out of line. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5140 on: May 11, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »
Went to Costco Friday.   Everybody wearing a mask except one Karen who looked like she was hoping to be confronted.  Character revealed.

Went on Saturday. Everyone had or was given a mask. Explicitly told to wear in the store. 1 lady said she didn't want a mask - she was not let in. 1 gentleman took his off 10 feet past the entrance - immediately told his option was to put/leave it on or leave the store.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5141 on: May 11, 2020, 09:29:23 AM »

Well, it would probably pull off a quarter inch of makeup when it came off and he'd look like Homer Simpson.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #5142 on: May 11, 2020, 09:32:35 AM »
I don't think Costco requiring masks was "meant to divide us." I hope that's not what you're saying.

I'm not talking about Costco...they are a foil in this debate.  I'm talking about the government (CDC) recommending this, the executive leadership not endorsing this (even in the press conference where it was announced) and then the media explosion fanning the flames. 

It is proper for us to follow CDC guidance.  I am glad some states and corporations are stepping in.  The fact this is a discussion is purposeful and meant to divide us.

Hopefully that is more clear.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5143 on: May 11, 2020, 09:38:32 AM »
Seriously, where is the president in all of this.
You know where he is: tweeting "Liberate!" and mooning over OAN because they "treat him so well".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #5144 on: May 11, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5145 on: May 11, 2020, 09:48:23 AM »
Would you two be white knighting for TSmith?  Doubt it.  You're hypocrites.

Apparently its fine to bring back JayBee, but I say WD/Chicos needs mental health help (he legit does), and I'm out of line.

I just dont find mental health digs at anyone funny or productive.   You never know what is going on in someone's head.  I've had good interactions with Cheeks in PMs but his online character is over the top.  But i dont know the guy well enough to say that he needs mental health help based on a message board.  No one does.  In a time where mental health is even more important, especially for men, your comments are unnecessary and you come across as a  complete prick.

I think tsmith is the biggest assholę on the board, but i wouldnt attack his mental health. 

I've been in therapy plus meds for 20 plus years, and have lost friends to suicide and other mental health issues, so your comments piss me the fück off.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #5146 on: May 11, 2020, 09:50:43 AM »

I think it would do the opposite and win some over in the election year.

Another interesting thing to keep an eye on is how things go with Shanghai Disney re-opening
Talked with my cousin who works for UW this weekend they are planning to host football games with 10,000 fans this fall

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5147 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
I just dont find mental health digs at anyone funny or productive.   You never know what is going on in someone's head.  I've had good interactions with Cheeks in PMs but his online character is over the top.  But i dont know the guy well enough to say that he needs mental health help based on a message board.  No one does.  In a time where mental health is even more important, especially for men, your comments are unnecessary and you come across as a  complete prick.

I think tsmith is the biggest assholę on the board, but i wouldnt attack his mental health. 

I've been in therapy plus meds for 20 plus years, and have lost friends to suicide and other mental health issues, so your comments piss me the fück off.

Obviously, I'm not a doc, but if he would just drop the veil and stop playing pretend it would go a long way.  Sorry for your struggles, and I'm sorry that I have upset you. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5148 on: May 11, 2020, 10:37:05 AM »
Thanks, Snowflake! That means a lot to me coming from you! :heartemoji:
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #5149 on: May 11, 2020, 10:50:19 AM »
I've come to the conclusion that if the phrase "No Shirt. No Shoes. No Service" came out today, that a segment of our society would view it as an affront to their personal freedoms and walk around protesting shirtless and shoeless.

I would like to add a new PAC would be created and pay people to not wear shirts and shoes and attempt to go into various establishments.

feedback