collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1127387 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #2600 on: March 28, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »
Well sadly I'm sure for the small group that is the liberal echo chamber here, it isn't true-

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/trump-approves-michigan-disaster-declaration-whitmer-says-more-supplies-on-the-way-in-coronavirus-fight.html

https://twitter.com/GovWhitmer/status/1243897197747408897

Sorry your narrative is ruined.

Go back and watch the press conference yesterday. Trump said he ordered Pence to not call the Michigan gov. If you don't wanna believe your eyes and ears, then nevermind.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2601 on: March 28, 2020, 01:19:53 PM »
Well sadly I'm sure for the small group that is the liberal echo chamber here, it isn't true-

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/trump-approves-michigan-disaster-declaration-whitmer-says-more-supplies-on-the-way-in-coronavirus-fight.html

https://twitter.com/GovWhitmer/status/1243897197747408897

Sorry your narrative is ruined.

Thanks. Glad resources are making it to where they're needed. That's all that really matters

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2602 on: March 28, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
Go back and watch the press conference yesterday. Trump said he ordered Pence to not call the Michigan gov. If you don't wanna believe your eyes and ears, then nevermind.

No shock that he says one thing and does the other.  It's just unfortunate that he feels the need to take those shots.  Just handle it.  No commentary is necessary.  It does not to help the situation.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2603 on: March 28, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »
I fear we are going to see a larger death-rate in the US than China, hopefully not as bad as Spain and Italy.

The reason, we can't handle the sick. One of the reasons China was able to both mitigate the spread and limit the death rates, is that they tested widely, and isolated the sick within the medical care system (right away). That allowed them to monitor their condition, and limit spread.

In Italy and Spain, they can't do that, and are instead sending people to isolate at home. This doesn't allow them to monitor their conditions, so when the virus ramps up, they don't have time to treat it, and it continues community spread.

Germany, where things have been comparatively better, has more nurses per capita than any of the nations, so they can care for and monitor patients right away. That so far has led to a lower mortality rate, despite them having one of the highest rates of smoking in the world.

Right now, we are leaning toward the Italy/Spain model, but with more testing. Sadly, that means the likely outcome is a higher mortality rate, just not as bad as Italy/Spain, because we are testing more.

We will never really know the truth of #infected and deaths.  If you think China is going to be forthright with this.... ask them where they get all those extra kidneys and livers from  not the the Muslim detention camps of (political) prisoners, nooo don’t look over here.
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2604 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:19 PM »
I live in Racine. Still no tests available - even for those with symptoms.

This has been bungled from Day 1.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2605 on: March 28, 2020, 04:06:42 PM »
I live in Racine. Still no tests available - even for those with symptoms.

This has been bungled from Day 1.

Really?  Oh geez you just might have to drive a couple of miles up the road to pleasant prairie.  What the hell did you expect?  Door to door testing ?

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/drive-thru-testing-site-established-for-coronavirus/article_e8cfb27d-d1a4-5e41-9313-dbc84bfe0e5d.html

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2606 on: March 28, 2020, 04:18:14 PM »
Really?  Oh geez you just might have to drive a couple of miles up the road to pleasant prairie.  What the hell did you expect?  Door to door testing ?

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/drive-thru-testing-site-established-for-coronavirus/article_e8cfb27d-d1a4-5e41-9313-dbc84bfe0e5d.html

Why do that when it's more fun to just complain about everything OMB is doing wrong?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2607 on: March 28, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted, but I didn't see it.

Trump considering "quarantine" of NY/NJ/Conn area.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/trump-says-hes-new-eyeing-coronavirus-quarantine-for-nyc-area/

No details, but what - maybe shutting down all points of entry/exit? Wow.

Wall.

And Pennsylvania will pay for it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2608 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:28 PM »
Nah man, Evers did fook dis all up, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #2609 on: March 28, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
My wife heard from our friend who is an X-ray tech at Yale New Haven Hospital. They are completely out of masks in the hospital and disenfectant wipes.  Sterilizing masks every night and reudsing the next day.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2610 on: March 28, 2020, 04:37:50 PM »
My wife heard from our friend who is an X-ray tech at Yale New Haven Hospital. They are completely out of masks in the hospital and disenfectant wipes.  Sterilizing masks every night and reudsing the next day.

There were hospitals in NYC that ran out entirely, in part because people broke into storage closets and stole them.

Doctors and nurses were having to work without masks. My friend, a doctor, may now be infected in NY, because of a lack of PPE.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2611 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »

It's not a couple of miles, but I think the point is that medical providers are doing what they can to erect these things quickly.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2612 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:19 PM »

To be fair, part of how China eradicated this was doing exactly that, mandatory door to door testing.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2613 on: March 28, 2020, 05:46:47 PM »

I think you are wrong. 4never and Ziggy will tell you everything is available.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2614 on: March 28, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
To be fair, part of how China eradicated this was doing exactly that, mandatory door to door testing.

Exactly.

But these guys are clueless. If I start getting symptoms, I cannot get a test in the Racine - Kenosha area.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #2615 on: March 28, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »
Exactly.

But these guys are clueless. If I start getting symptoms, I cannot get a test in the Racine - Kenosha area.

In sheboygan area you need to have bad symptoms that are worsening before they advise you to call the hotline to get to a testing center.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2616 on: March 28, 2020, 06:28:12 PM »
I think you are wrong. 4never and Ziggy will tell you everything is available.

It's all in Pleasant Prairie.  Testing supplies for the whole country.  This is Jockey's big chance to be come an American Hero, a Real American Hero in the mold of John Wayne, Superman or The Rock.  Alas, the trek from Racine to Pleasant Prairie proved to be too daunting of a task for our erstwhile hero, and Super Jockey was swept into the dustbin of history, consigned to spend eternity in his childhood basement, as Ma and Pa shelter in place on the main level of the would be lair.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2617 on: March 28, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »
Exactly.

Clueless??  Racine/kenosha area?  Could someone please walk jock thru google maps and plug in pleasant prairie...it’s 17 miles from Racine!  Could probably walk there if he had to save his carbon foot print

What part of that is clueless?  Just trying to help

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2618 on: March 28, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
It's all in Pleasant Prairie.  Testing supplies for the whole country.  This is Jockey's big chance to be come an American Hero, a Real American Hero in the mold of John Wayne, Superman or The Rock.  Alas, the trek from Racine to Pleasant Prairie proved to be too daunting of a task for our erstwhile hero, and Super Jockey was swept into the dustbin of history, consigned to spend eternity in his childhood basement, as Ma and Pa shelter in place on the main level of the would be lair.

For the whole country? 350 million sitting in se Wisconsin? And you wonder why people dismiss your idiocy.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2620 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
For the whole country? 350 million sitting in se Wisconsin? And you wonder why people dismiss your idiocy.

yes, the whole country.  And super jockey is the hero we need. 

look up, pal, that sarcasm just went straight over your head.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2621 on: March 28, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »

Sorry if I didn’t catch it. Thought you were part of the group that believes anyone that wants to get tested can.
I can attest that is a flat out lie.

pbiflyer

• All American

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2623 on: March 28, 2020, 08:51:32 PM »

First off, there is no testing in Pleasant Prairie after tomorrow - it is at the old KMH in downtown Kenosha.

Second, if I (or anyone else) have symptoms, I cannot get a test.

Third, to get a test, you have to be extremely ill. So, no, not everyone can get a test.

Fourth, lying to protect Deat Leader is never a good idea. You can say that everyone can get tested, but almost everyone on this board knows it is false.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:53:52 PM by Jockey »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #2624 on: March 28, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »
Trump threatens to quarantine NewYork and several other states.  Cuomo calls it Anti-American and Anti-Social, threatens legal action against the Feds.  So much for those demanding a federal quarantine when states threaten to sue, even those most in need of that action.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/604376/andrew-cuomo-new-york-coroanvirus-slams-donald-trump/
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

feedback