collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sobelman's Opening On The East Side  (Read 4223 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Sobelman's Opening On The East Side
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:42:21 PM »
With a twist, though.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/45302602.html

Say hello to Sobelman's Tall Grass Grill.

The General has taken on a new command.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Re: Sobelman's Opening On The East Side
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:02 PM »
I'll have to ask Dave sometime in the near future if he's gonna keep the menu the same or if he's gonna vary things up.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
I hope the new burger doesn't taste that much different. It's not like people are going to Sobelman's for a healthy meal in the first place. When you're going to get a burger with three different types of cheeses plus bacon ... how much difference does the feed of the cows make? I don't know, I'm just wondering.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »
Got a little insider information:
A) the new burgers are kinda like Free Range. Grass fed only... A lil bit healthier. I'd suspect taste could be better too
b) no booze
c) no sobel burgers (to start). The place is going to be a more short order style place not a sit down, but the burgers will have more topping choices than any other place.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »
c) no sobel burgers (to start). The place is going to be a more short order style place not a sit down, but the burgers will have more topping choices than any other place.

No Sobelman's Burgers?  Blasphemy!

Did Dave say anything about the hours?  Provided it's open until bartime, my drunk a$$ won't complain about the lack of the Sobelman burger, provided I can build my own from the toppling choices.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:28:21 PM »
Went to the opening this afternoon, so a couple of things:

1)  Hours are 11-11 daily.  Dave says he will probably move to late night hours for Friday and Saturday at some point too.  Also is considering delivery down the line as well.
2)  Menu is a bit different, albeit not too drastically from the original location.  More options when it comes to cheeses and fresher toppings, like avocado and fresh mushrooms.  http://www.milwaukeeshealthiestburgers.com/Menu_inside.pdf
3)  The Tall Grass Beef is very, very good.  Slightly fresher flavor, and definitely leaner.
4)  This is the first Tall Grass Beef exclusive restaurant in the state, so Bill Kurtis (of A&E fame and owner of the Tall Grass Beef Company) was there greeting customers and chowing down on a burger.  Classy, classy guy. 

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
I was there with TCTB. The Sobel 02 burger was phenomenal. Just like the traditional Sobelmans Burger, but with the new beef and only one kind of cheese.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »
I was there with TCTB. The Sobel 02 burger was phenomenal. Just like the traditional Sobelmans Burger, but with the new beef and only one kind of cheese.

Only 1 kind of cheese?  My arteries are concerned the decreased workload. 
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 08:03:18 AM »
For anyone who might be interested, Milwaukee Perks is offering (Qty. 100) $25 discount certificate for just $12.50 (plus shipping and handling) to both Sobelman's and Sobelman's Tallgrass through their Half Price Deals website. The certificates go on sale today in a few hours and you are allowed to purchase up to 10 certificates.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.667537/n.2/sc.43/category.1389/.f?partner=P00005

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »
For anyone who might be interested, Milwaukee Perks is offering (Qty. 100) $25 discount certificate for just $12.50 (plus shipping and handling) to both Sobelman's and Sobelman's Tallgrass through their Half Price Deals website. The certificates go on sale today in a few hours and you are allowed to purchase up to 10 certificates.

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.667537/n.2/sc.43/category.1389/.f?partner=P00005

THANKS FOR SHARING!  :-*
But I like to throw handfuls...

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 11:11:59 AM »

Is this working for anyone yet?

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 11:42:31 AM »
I just tried and it worked for me, except that they do not go on sale until noon CT.

deep vacuum

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
Working now and going fast!

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »
Are we serious I had been checking it every 5 minutes or so until about 30 minutes ago.  FAIL