collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter 3.0  (Read 32698 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Twitter 3.0
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2022, 09:36:18 PM »
No he has a plan, right?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2022, 09:48:49 PM »
When life gives you a dumpster fire, roast marshmallows.

Who brought the marshmallows?

I don’t know about marshmallows, but I’m feeling pretty good tonight.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2022, 08:18:16 AM »
No he has a plan, right?

Ziggy, you bringing back @coachtomcrean?

Those were the days.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2022, 08:22:17 AM »
He forgot to add, "Many people say..." and "believe me".

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2022, 08:38:38 AM »
Bigly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2022, 08:58:49 AM »
Bigly.

Someone’s getting fired bigly!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2022, 09:01:41 AM »

Those were the days.

That WAS funny.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2022, 09:15:46 AM »
He forgot to add, "Many people say..." and "believe me".

Wait until the real studies come out
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2022, 12:24:44 PM »

Those were the days.

Sadly, that account is still banned.

Funny enough, TC blocked my everyday account. I think I was touting @ CTC to get blocked.  😄

🏀

• All American
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2022, 08:58:08 PM »
Sadly, that account is still banned.

Funny enough, TC blocked my everyday account. I think I was touting @ CTC to get blocked.  😄

*skypoint

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2022, 07:51:46 PM »
Lol

tower912

• All American
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2022, 08:32:23 PM »
GM is looking very wise.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2022, 10:32:29 PM »
Lol

Tell me you don’t know how microservices work without telling me you don’t know how microservices work.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2022, 06:58:57 AM »
He doesn't know anything about how a social media company works.

Incredibly thin-skinned, sure he knows more than anyone else about every single thing, lashes out against anyone that tells him no, uses other peoples' money, plots vengeance against anyone that doesn't bend to his will... when is Musk going to start wearing orange makeup?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2022, 07:23:21 AM »
From the NYT DealBook:

Just a week ago, Elon Musk directed Twitter to lay off about half of its employees in a ruthless round of cost-cutting. His no-nonsense management style was on further display over the past few days as he fired software engineers. Only, they weren’t whistle-blowers — they questioned their boss in public.

Eric Frohnhoefer challenged Musk on Twitter, after the billionaire apologized for the slow performance of the platform in several countries. Musk blamed that on technical issues. Frohnhoefer, who had worked on Twitter’s Android app for six years, disagreed.

Ben Leib, who had been an engineer at Twitter for a decade, also disputed Musk’s technical assertion, saying, “I can confidently say that this man has no idea” what he was talking about.

Musk tweeted yesterday that he had fired Frohnhoefer, which the engineer retweeted with a salute emoji. Leib also confirmed that he too had been fired. When Frohnhoefer was asked on Twitter why he publicly rebuked his boss, he responded, “Maybe he should ask questions privately. Maybe use Slack or email.”

Employees speaking out publicly against Musk is the latest sign of chaos at Twitter. Platformer reports that Musk ignored internal warnings about likely problems with his plan to extend verified status to Twitter Blue subscribers. Platformer also reports that he ordered an unexpected code freeze at the platform, forcing software engineers to write planned changes on their personal computers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2022, 04:28:44 PM »
https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3443951/elon-musk-reportedly-fired-a-bunch-of-twitter-employees-for-talking-crap-about-him-in-the-companys-slack#story-comments

Honestly, in a vaccuum, I don't have a ton of issue with that.  Especially when you're taking over a failing/struggling company and you need to enact change.  Cutting out problem employees who could affect company culture/other employee perceptions isn't uncommon.  People who immediately have an issue with that conflate running a business or company with some sort of free speech platform or playing nice with everyone.

That being said, this isn't in a vacuum and this looks as haphazard as anything Musk has already done so far.  Not exactly conducive to properly utilizing the talent you do have and realizing you can't do this all on your own.  Twitter undoubtedly had legions of overpaid, cushy employees who coasted while the company floundered financially.  However, instead of surgically cutting the fat, Musk is looking like the Queen of Hearts chopping off heads.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2022, 07:39:22 PM »
Tell me you don’t know how microservices work without telling me you don’t know how microservices work.

I mean, Musk nearly tanked PayPal due to poor architecture decisioning before the board replaced him with Peter Thiel in like 1 year. People should have seen this BS coming a mile away.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2022, 05:47:38 PM »
Twitter going hardcore. I thought it already was….or so I’ve been told.

Elon Musk orders Twitter workers to commit ‘hardcore’ this week — or get fired

https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/elon-musk-orders-twitter-workers-to-commit-hardcore-or-be-fired/amp/

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2022, 06:08:06 PM »
Twitter going hardcore. I thought it already was….or so I’ve been told.

Elon Musk orders Twitter workers to commit ‘hardcore’ this week — or get fired

https://nypost.com/2022/11/16/elon-musk-orders-twitter-workers-to-commit-hardcore-or-be-fired/amp/

I actually think this isn’t a bad idea.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2022, 09:10:52 PM »

I actually think this isn’t a bad idea.

Yeah, it's always a good idea to demonstrate to the entire world that you have no idea how anything works at the company you are running. Fire a whole bunch of essential employees, try to hire them back, have zero understanding of how 2FA works, and completely botch the roll out of a new service that embarrasses the entire company.

Then tell everyone that still works there, that they will need to work insane hours, or be fired...but provide zero incentive for those people to remain.

That's a brilliant way to make your most important employees stay and want to work harder. It's totally not a way to get the most important and hardest working employees to go find a better company to work for.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2022, 09:15:22 PM »
And the HR department is thrilled that musk is making it policy for salaried employees are required to work in excess of 40 hours as a standard week in order to keep their jobs. Yeah, no lawsuits there.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2022, 09:29:57 PM »
Then tell everyone that still works there, that they will need to work insane hours, or be fired...but provide zero incentive for those people to remain.

That's a brilliant way to make your most important employees stay and want to work harder. It's totally not a way to get the most important and hardest working employees to go find a better company to work for.

There is an incentive, keep their very highly paid job.  Again, it’s not some fluffing of Musk to state that many Twitter employees were paid exceptional well for years working for a company that was utterly failing as a business.  Now being asked to make sacrifices and work extra hard/out of the box/different than they did for the last few years to keep that job, that’s not an absurd ask.

Musk’s plan and methods have left a lot to desire, but that doesn’t have to also mean that there wasn’t a bunch of major issues, business and culture wise, at that company that needed to change.   Rebelling against Musk the megalomaniac has a lot of people completely forgetting what a mess Twitter was forever and suddenly making these employees out to be selfless geniuses who were killing it before the new mean boss.

And the HR department is thrilled that musk is making it policy for salaried employees are required to work in excess of 40 hours as a standard week in order to keep their jobs. Yeah, no lawsuits there.

Is there plenty of plausible deniability here?  As long as the document doesn’t expressly state “you MUST work 60/70/80 hours weekly”?  Hundreds of companies state an expectation that you will not be working 9 to 5 and that a punch in punch out 40 hour week won’t cut it in interviews, recruitment, orientation, etc…. And it’s not like a Twitter star is going to leave and go to another competitive high paying Silicon Valley company and work 40 hours.  They don’t put all the free perks and toys and food and fun rooms in the offices for people to mess around during the day and then leave at 5

feedback