Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Everyone Follow Kendrick Nunn on Twitter!  (Read 9969 times)

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
Everyone Follow Kendrick Nunn on Twitter!
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:35:37 PM »
He gave us >:( a shoutout and said he needs more followers.

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Everyone Follow Kendrick Nunn on Twitter!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »
Tampering?

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
Technically it's an NCAA violation to have any communication with a high school recruit. Following him is part of that. MU Athletics tweeted that a while back.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
You can follow, you just can't contact him through Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.

groove

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »
cool

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »
You can follow, you just can't contact him through Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.

You can't even follow, per the rules.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 05:05:29 PM »
You can't even follow, per the rules.

FALSE

Sultan is correct. You can follow them you just can't reply to a tweet or direct message them.

Source: http://issuu.com/marquettesid/docs/compliance_brocure_reader_spreads_compliance_broch page 7

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:19 PM »
Following is fine; do not retweet or send a message to (DM or @____).
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
If following him can create a Simeon pipeline I'll take the risk.
We Are Elite

hepennypacker5000

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
Who do you mean when you say "you" can't reply or contact him? Current students, alumni, any MU fan?

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 07:52:13 PM »
So if I tweet him and say go Marquette what happens? How is that crossing the line?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
We should all tweet to him that he should go to DePaul, our alma mater.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Maestro

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »
If you want to follow him on Twitter, change your profile pic to something representing Marquette so he know who you root for.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
I wonder what would happen if my not-affiliated-with-Marquette son made repeated contact with Kendrick right after he donated $10 to the scholarship fund of every other team of interest.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 08:55:49 PM »
So if I tweet him and say go Marquette what happens? How is that crossing the line?

Because you as a booster or alum are trying to influence where he goes to school. Whether it's approaching him at an AAU event, buying him a soda, taking him to a Marquette game, or tweeting/FB friending him, it's a violation. Unless you are a friend of the family, they don't allow it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 10:26:34 PM »
We should all tweet to him that he should go to DePaul, our alma mater.

Hell no Murray, that'll give it away. It's common knowledge, you couldn't have gotten into DePaul.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 12:21:15 AM »
Because you as a booster or alum are trying to influence where he goes to school. Whether it's approaching him at an AAU event, buying him a soda, taking him to a Marquette game, or tweeting/FB friending him, it's a violation. Unless you are a friend of the family, they don't allow it.
That doesnt make any sense to me.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:37 AM »
That doesnt make any sense to me.

It doesn't have to make sense to us. It is what it is. We're just best off following those rules, because the NCAA would be happy to enforce them on Marquette if we as boosters broke them.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »

whoops.... ::)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
Any of you freaks going to a Simeon game or two this year?  I'm with it, holla at me
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:51 AM »
I follow no man.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 12:44:25 PM »
And if we do talk to him on twitter? Who's going to come after me? the NCAA? highly doubt anything would happen its a social network you should be able to talk to whoever you want about whatever you want. Plain and simple.

daly006

• Walk-On
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Anybody know what kind of stats Aaron Durley is posting this season? Is he playing ? Heard he had eligibility issues due to moving and enrolling in a new school .

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »
Anybody know what kind of stats Aaron Durley is posting this season? Is he playing ? Heard he had eligibility issues due to moving and enrolling in a new school .

That would explain the DNP - Coaches' Decisions

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
And if we do talk to him on twitter? Who's going to come after me? the NCAA? highly doubt anything would happen its a social network you should be able to talk to whoever you want about whatever you want. Plain and simple.

Then do it as a supporter of any other school recruiting him. ;)

BTW, follow him if you want.

Just abide by the rules in my sig.

|
|
|
v
SS Marquette

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 11:58:13 PM »

The NCAA has yet to issue any kind of enforcement on these kinds of issues.

If you'd like Marquette to be the one to set an NCAA enforcement precedent, then please, by all means, scream at every recruit to come to Marquette.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
The NCAA has yet to issue any kind of enforcement on these kinds of issues.

If you'd like Marquette to be the one to set an NCAA enforcement precedent, then please, by all means, scream at every recruit to come to Marquette.
ok first of all if you actually took the time to look at his twitter and any other college basketball recruit in the whole country you will see its standard procedure of college basketball fan bases. Hence the fact Nunn has a lot of support on twitter fom the aggies. Sorry I wont say anything to him even though he wanted to see how strong mubb nation was.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:43 AM »
ok first of all if you actually took the time to look at his twitter and any other college basketball recruit in the whole country you will see its standard procedure of college basketball fan bases. Hence the fact Nunn has a lot of support on twitter fom the aggies. Sorry I wont say anything to him even though he wanted to see how strong mubb nation was.

In answer to your original question.... the NCAA is not going to come after you personally if you attempt or make contact with a recruit (unless it's quite egregious).  However, it is considered a minor infraction which could lead to any of the following:

1) Sanctions against MU (likely a warning or probation for one single incident, but multiple minor infractions in a given period could result in loss of scholarships or post-season bans).

2) The recruit being declared ineligible to attend the booster's institution (not sure if this is a NCAA penalty or school-determined in order to prevent #1 from coming to fruition).

3) Absolutely nothing.

If contact involves any "gifts" of cash, rides, use of cars or other property, housing for his parents, World of Warcraft subscription fees, etc. then you would be screwing with his amateur status which could result in:

1) Sitting out X games (X being a variable, not games against Xavier).

2) The recruit being declared ineligible to play in the NCAA.

3) Forfeiture by the school of any games he participated in.

4) Nothing at all.

5) An appointment as his agent when he goes pro.

Key word is "could."  People do it all the time.  Some schools - like Texas A&M - are more immune to sanctions than smaller schools like MU.  You might get caught, you might not.  There might be penalties, there might not.  But while you might be playing with your own money, you're rolling someone else's dice.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 01:05:36 PM »

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 01:26:17 PM »
In answer to your original question.... the NCAA is not going to come after you personally if you attempt or make contact with a recruit (unless it's quite egregious).  However, it is considered a minor infraction which could lead to any of the following:

1) Sanctions against MU (likely a warning or probation for one single incident, but multiple minor infractions in a given period could result in loss of scholarships or post-season bans).

2) The recruit being declared ineligible to attend the booster's institution (not sure if this is a NCAA penalty or school-determined in order to prevent #1 from coming to fruition).

3) Absolutely nothing.

If contact involves any "gifts" of cash, rides, use of cars or other property, housing for his parents, World of Warcraft subscription fees, etc. then you would be screwing with his amateur status which could result in:

1) Sitting out X games (X being a variable, not games against Xavier).

2) The recruit being declared ineligible to play in the NCAA.

3) Forfeiture by the school of any games he participated in.

4) Nothing at all.

5) An appointment as his agent when he goes pro.

Key word is "could."  People do it all the time.  Some schools - like Texas A&M - are more immune to sanctions than smaller schools like MU.  You might get caught, you might not.  There might be penalties, there might not.  But while you might be playing with your own money, you're rolling someone else's dice.
WOW. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Lets be real here the NCAA is not going to give sanctions because I said Nunn, Parker, and Taylor all on Marquette would be unstoppable. Its a social network grow up people its not like im begging him come to Marquette. He asked how strong MU nation was and i showed my support.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »
WOW. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Lets be real here the NCAA is not going to give sanctions because I said Nunn, Parker, and Taylor all on Marquette would be unstoppable. Its a social network grow up people its not like im begging him come to Marquette. He asked how strong MU nation was and i showed my support.

Ah, the youth of America.  While some want to be so popular they beg others for virtual signs of supports, while others think it could actually make a difference.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »

Ah, the youth of America.  While some want to be so popular they beg others for virtual signs of supports, while others think it could actually make a difference.

+1

I find humor in him telling others to grow up.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 01:44:36 PM »
We would love to have Nunn, Parker and Taylor play for MU.  It would be a dream team!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

Too little time, then too much time...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
I find it funny that you guys would bash me for showing interest in our recruits...what is wrong with following someone on twitter? And on top of that he RE-TWEETED what I said so while you guys sit here and bash me Im actually doing something positive for MUBB. You guys are always so negative about everything. Its a pitty.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 01:44:01 AM »
I find it funny that you guys would bash me for showing interest in our recruits...what is wrong with following someone on twitter? And on top of that he RE-TWEETED what I said so while you guys sit here and bash me Im actually doing something positive for MUBB. You guys are always so negative about everything. Its a pitty.

This isn't about positivity or negativity. This is about the university specifically asking boosters to behave in a certain manner.

http://issuu.com/marquettesid/docs/compliance_brocure_reader_spreads_compliance_broch
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback