* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUDPT
[Today at 11:36:04 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:27:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by HutchwasClutch
[June 01, 2024, 07:03:02 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: “I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68  (Read 4476 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Who's scared of adding talent? IMO it's more of a "you recruited me preaching this culture and now your actions are not reflecting that culture". 
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Serious question - xfer portal era started in 2021. If Shaka is still at Texas or a blueblood, does he still take zero transfers? It would be easier to get a xfer to come to those blueblood and high end football schools.

Texas isn't a blue blood basketball school, and I doubt football has anything to do with basketball transfers.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Serious question - xfer portal era started in 2021. If Shaka is still at Texas or a blueblood, does he still take zero transfers? It would be easier to get a xfer to come to those blueblood and high end football schools.

I think its impossible to answer this "what if"

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
I think its impossible to answer this "what if"

Coleman Hawkins said he wants to go to a football school and eliminated the Big East as a possible transfer destination (he also eliminated other Big Ten schools).  May be an outlier tho..

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Hard to say, but his last two Texas teams didn't have any significant transfers. He did have Dylan Osetkowski and Elijah Mitrou-Long come in while he was there, and this was before the broad transfer era we see now, but I go back to that first Athletic article where he had the note "first two years, nothing but culture" as his guiding light. I suspect he was trying to get that in place at Texas before he came here and he would be doing the same thing regardless of where he was.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Lennys Tap

• All American
I understand where you and others are coming from.  I look at it as with all the pieces we have coming back and coming in, I feel we are taking a step back from the last 2 years.  Where we were a top 10 team the last 2 years, I think we are outside the top 20 right now.  A quality team that has definite weaknesses. 

TK and Oso are huge shoes to fill.  They were big time players that produced in big time moments.  I feel that our lack of desire to go grab a player to fill in at some of these areas of weaknesses is a huge, missed opportunity to keep us in that top 10-15 teams in the country.

We are good team.  This is a very good program.  We will make the tournament unless something happens to Kam.  He is the stud that can't miss a stretch of games.  I think that Shaka is a little too stubborn.  Hope I am wrong.

I am a HUGE Shaka believer/supporter and there is nothing I find even a little offensive in this post. In fact, other than the word “too” in the penultimate sentence I think it’s a fair estimate of where we are going into next season. Successful coaches tend to be stubborn - they have a plan that they believe in. Personally I think (as long as we eliminate “too”) it’s a positive quality.

MU82

• All American
Good conversation, folks.

I like a lot of what both wades and brew say, even though they say somewhat different things. We also don't know everything that's going on. For example, do we know that Shaka wouldn't have taken a very good transfer last offseason had the "fit" and NIL been right? Maybe some do know that; I sure don't.

What I have seen during the recruiting that's going on right now is that at least 2 players we'd like to have at Marquette have come right out and said that Shaka's recruit-develop-retain philosophy is one of the main reasons they are considering MU. So it's a sales pitch as well as a culture.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens during the next few years, that's for sure.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
I offered my various opinion. And I will read, reply, or acknowledge anytime I damn well want to.
whoa…it’s all good.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 07:29:44 PM by Viper »

MUDPT

• All American
The team 3-3 without their all American PG. 3 losses they were in for a majority of the game against the national champion and another S16 team. 3 wins were against teams that had small bubble hopes. I’ve never been a big believer in chemistry, but this culture and this team continue to defy every expectation against them.

MUbiz

• Team Captain
The team 3-3 without their all American PG. 3 losses they were in for a majority of the game against the national champion and another S16 team. 3 wins were against teams that had small bubble hopes. I’ve never been a big believer in chemistry, but this culture and this team continue to defy every expectation against them.

I wasn't a big chemistry culture guy until Shaka TBH. Then you hear NFL head coaches talking about Shaka and culture and think there is something to it.

https://x.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1785354412283568622?t=nTWGOC7bmdhhy8zoXQxp5g&s=19

feedback