[Today at 09:49:41 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cop shot somewhere in SE Wisconsin  (Read 18597 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Cop shot somewhere in SE Wisconsin
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2022, 09:01:07 PM »
You're leaving out the Willard Hotel group assembled Jan 6 to coordinate events.
Yes, somewhat intentionally. It is extremely well established that a "war room" was assembled at the Williard for days in advance, but there isn't yet much documented proof about what they specifically were doing. It is speculated that they were involved in the coordination, but rather than include something that is so far unproven I choose not to bring it up.

Of course, the obvious question is why they needed a war room for what was supposed to be a largely ceremonial process of certifying the electoral count. But we know the answer to that in the form of the Eastman memo which laid out all the various paths they were trying to take to overturn the election.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2022, 09:47:43 PM »
It may be shocking to you, but it’s ok to have different viewpoints on it while still be “repulsed” by it.

It may be shocking to you, but there aren't "ok different viewpoints" regarding the violent coup attempt of 1/6/21.

Even Cancun Cruz called 'em "terrorists" multiple times before he had to throw himself on The Altar of Tucker and beg forgiveness for having had the audacity to tell the truth for once in his life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2022, 09:48:38 PM »
I don’t think it does, cause I can’t broad brush it all.  I agree with the general BLM mindset and movement 1000%.  I also don’t give a pass to what happened underneath my apartment at the time in NYC where 3 residents of my building got punched in the face/head and countless stores/windows were broken into or demolished.  Those weren't people with righteous indignation, that was awful people using collective anger as an excuse and opportunity for their version of the Purge.

I may misunderstand what you are saying, so apologies if I miss the mark. I don't think you should paint with a broad brush (which is why I differentiated between people who are legitimately outraged and opportunists), but I don't think that means you dismiss this point just because it is difficult to differentiate between the two. The problem when people bring up BLM rioters when the 1/6ers are discussed is that the opportunists are a small population co-opting something with a positive intent for their own purposes. What happened on 1/6 was exactly what those people intended.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2022, 10:47:13 PM »
“Burned down” was hyperbolic - burned up was more like it. Estimates of damages from arson and looting between$1.5 and 2 billion. “Scores” (40+) also appears to be - hard to get a definitive number. The lowest estimate I’ve seen is between 12 and 19. Between 700 and 1000 policemen were injured.
Our Company had 32 stores burnt down and destroyed . Locations all of over the Midwest and Mid South , were we were not the only stores targeted .

Over 300 people lost their jobs. We are still trying to get insurance to pay for the losses which are well into the millions.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2022, 11:21:53 PM »
Our Company had 32 stores burnt down and destroyed . Locations all of over the Midwest and Mid South , were we were not the only stores targeted .

Over 300 people lost their jobs. We are still trying to get insurance to pay for the losses which are well into the millions.

That sucks, 9-9-9. I hope your company is able to be made whole again and that those who lost their jobs have been able to find suitable work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2022, 11:33:41 PM »
If I were replying to you, I would have .... wait for it ... replied to you.

EDIT: Not worth it

I may misunderstand what you are saying, so apologies if I miss the mark. I don't think you should paint with a broad brush (which is why I differentiated between people who are legitimately outraged and opportunists), but I don't think that means you dismiss this point just because it is difficult to differentiate between the two. The problem when people bring up BLM rioters when the 1/6ers are discussed is that the opportunists are a small population co-opting something with a positive intent for their own purposes. What happened on 1/6 was exactly what those people intended.

I guess we differ on "small population".  I don't think it was a small number (say 5%).  I think there were opportunists, but I also think there were a lot of "this makes me mad so im gonna do what I want", which is made a lot easier when you can follow the lead of said opportunists.  Does that completely negate the message or the movement?  Not even close.  But I don't think glossing over it is right nor is immediately comparing any criticism of it to 1/6.

There is no defending 1/6ers, they are deplorable losers, pathetic at best, criminal scumbags at worst.  But I just think there is this gap in the BLM riot discussions.  People trying to equalize the two (wrong), which are then met by people who defend (with a broad brush) everything that happened due to the overall message and intent (also wrong).  I guess its just the natural extreme polarization of everything these days. 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2022, 07:31:50 AM »
If 1/6 wasn't a planned event then 45 absolutely incited a riot and insurrection.  Hey, I have something really creative to chant!  "LOCK HIM UP!  LOCK HIM UP!"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2022, 07:33:42 AM »
If 1/6 wasn't a planned event then 45 absolutely incited a riot and insurrection.  Hey, I have something really creative to chant!  "LOCK HIM UP!  LOCK HIM UP!"

For sure.  I can’t keep track of all the laws he broke while being president.  It’s impressive, actually
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2022, 08:02:49 AM »
EDIT: Not worth it

I guess we differ on "small population".  I don't think it was a small number (say 5%).  I think there were opportunists, but I also think there were a lot of "this makes me mad so im gonna do what I want", which is made a lot easier when you can follow the lead of said opportunists.  Does that completely negate the message or the movement?  Not even close.  But I don't think glossing over it is right nor is immediately comparing any criticism of it to 1/6.

There is no defending 1/6ers, they are deplorable losers, pathetic at best, criminal scumbags at worst.  But I just think there is this gap in the BLM riot discussions.  People trying to equalize the two (wrong), which are then met by people who defend (with a broad brush) everything that happened due to the overall message and intent (also wrong).  I guess its just the natural extreme polarization of everything these days.
How do you feel about the reverse (which is actually what happened in this thread)?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2022, 08:59:37 AM »
It was both planned and he incited the insurrection. A last desperate gasp when their other machinations did not come to fruition.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2022, 09:11:53 AM »
You are quickly becoming like shoothoops and his bat signal of anything St Louis related.

Projection is undefeated.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2022, 09:15:17 AM »
Clicking on this thread, I see group think is alive and well.

There are good, bad, indifferent police.

There are good, bad, indifferent military.

There are good, bad indifferent doctors, nurses, paramedics, social workers, you name it.

The hope is that you encounter the good ones as much as possible in any category.

Every situation and example is unique and different and is to be examined as such.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:21:15 AM by shoothoops »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2022, 09:31:08 AM »
How do you feel about the reverse (which is actually what happened in this thread)?

Its also bad.   Criticism of each has tons of merited and should be addressed as such, without the need to drag the other in and say "WELL THIS HAPPENED TOO". Ive never defended, downplayed, whatever the word to use when it comes to 1/6. 

Projection is undefeated.

Do you have that saved on your desktop for easy access?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2022, 10:11:31 AM »
Do you have that saved on your desktop for easy access?

I mean, Zigs makes it easy.  He loves to call out hypocrisy but also one of the largest offenders.