[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Patrick Kane Investigation  (Read 17515 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Patrick Kane Investigation
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 11:27:29 AM »
Here's the tough part.  Say she didn't have bite marks and scratches.....pretty much everyone would say a rape didn't happen.  Except, a rape can happen without those physical marks.  On the flip side, those marks can be there and a rape didn't happen either.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
Here's the tough part.  Say she didn't have bite marks and scratches.....pretty much everyone would say a rape didn't happen.  Except, a rape can happen without those physical marks.  On the flip side, those marks can be there and a rape didn't happen either.

Absolutely true. It goes both ways. Like I said, this doesn't prove anything one way or the other for the criminal case. But it doesn't help the civil at all.

As far as the Big Ben comparison, it took him years to get back to being publicly accepted by any charities or endorsement deals, and he's still only getting $2.5M/year in endorsements. More than we'll ever see, but he's not nearly as visible as other NFL stars. Kane will be set back years and this will impact his marketing severely for the next 3-4 years, and likely have an impact over the entirety of his career.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 12:19:36 PM »
Kane's problem is that he keeps doing stupid things....the stupid gene is strong with him.  Maybe he outgrows it, but apparently he's still having trouble.

I blame the racist team sweater

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »
So if there's no charges, he's still ruined?

Tony Stewart killed a man one year ago today.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
The longer this drags out I just get that feeling that there will be a massive out of court settlement.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:07 PM »

Civil suit against Tony Stewart was filed on Friday.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:36 PM »
The longer this drags out I just get that feeling that there will be a massive out of court settlement.

Pulling a Kobe, heyna?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »
Civil suit against Tony Stewart was filed on Friday.

But who's at fault, Stewart or the guy who ran towards his car on a slippery, muddy track?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 02:06:30 AM »
But who's at fault, Stewart or the guy who ran towards his car on a slippery, muddy track?

A jury will decide

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »

Hold on just a second there.  While none of us know what happened in the Kane incident, it's unfair of you to ascribe any intent to the Stewart situation.  Could Tony have intentionally 'buzzed' Ward to express his frustration? Possibly.  But I think it's a real stretch to think he tried to hit him.  Was Tony somewhat reckless? Maybe, maybe not.  But Ward shares at least equally in the blame. Let's recall that Ward was struck by the outside of Stewart's rear tire as Ward continued to walk down the track.  What happened was a terrible tragedy, not a criminal act, as determined by the DA and police.  And now the mandatory punishment for leaving your car is a one race suspension, as appropriate.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 09:15:08 AM »
The Stewart incident was also captured on video, and everyone saw exactly what happened. Not he case with Kane. That could end up being a good or bad thing for him.

I think we can reasonably assume that the police/DA have been able to put together a pretty good idea of what actually happened, and a reasonable idea of what hey can prove. Kane, his accuser, and accuser's  friend  might know exactly what happened, but given what I assume was a large amount of alcohol involved, I have my doubts, so if the DA cannot bring charges, people will form their own opinions, but we will likley never know.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
Someone is getting a big check $$$$$$

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2015, 09:30:44 AM »
The Stewart incident was also captured on video, and everyone saw exactly what happened. Not he case with Kane. That could end up being a good or bad thing for him.

I think we can reasonably assume that the police/DA have been able to put together a pretty good idea of what actually happened, and a reasonable idea of what hey can prove. Kane, his accuser, and accuser's  friend  might know exactly what happened, but given what I assume was a large amount of alcohol involved, I have my doubts, so if the DA cannot bring charges, people will form their own opinions, but we will likley never know.

Very true.  I read the latest Buffalo newspaper report earlier today.  I'm deeply troubled that the alleged victim seems to have reported the incident immediately and was supposedly very distraught.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »
Very true.  I read the latest Buffalo newspaper report earlier today.  I'm deeply troubled that the alleged victim seems to have reported the incident immediately and was supposedly very distraught.

One side of the story.

Still no charges though....

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:32 PM »
Looks like EA Sports dropped him from NHL 2016. Not surprising.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 06:59:25 PM »
Real quiet lately. Probably a good thing for Kane.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2015, 08:51:15 AM »

It is still very early.  My guess is that it this is all coming down to whether or not the alleged victim wants to deal with the crap she's going to have to deal with. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »

Today's news probably won't help Kane's defenders.

The young woman who alleges that she was raped by Patrick Kane the morning of Aug. 2 only went to his Hamburg waterfront home because her friend wanted to go, according to three people who have knowledge of the events that night and early morning.

“They were at SkyBar, and Kane invited them to his home. Her friend really wanted to go to Kane’s house, and she didn’t want her friend to go there alone,” a friend of the woman told The Buffalo News. “It wasn’t her idea to go there.”

Two other sources who are familiar with the Kane rape allegation – a law enforcement official and a member of Buffalo’s legal community – gave similar information to The News about what led the alleged victim to go to Kane’s residence.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/hamburg/alleged-victim-reportedly-went-to-kanes-home-to-accompany-friend-20150812

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2015, 01:40:48 PM »
Absolutely true. It goes both ways. Like I said, this doesn't prove anything one way or the other for the criminal case. But it doesn't help the civil at all.

As far as the Big Ben comparison, it took him years to get back to being publicly accepted by any charities or endorsement deals, and he's still only getting $2.5M/year in endorsements. More than we'll ever see, but he's not nearly as visible as other NFL stars. Kane will be set back years and this will impact his marketing severely for the next 3-4 years, and likely have an impact over the entirety of his career.

Was Marv Alpert there ?

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 04:18:25 PM »

Quiet doesn't necessarily mean good, doesn't necessarily mean bad.

The things that the Buffalo paper has reported make it not sound good for him though.

Take note of this though: Leaks and "sources with knowledge of the investigation" are almost always within the police department/investigation and are directly calculated to benefit the ultimate prosecution of someone. The fact that we've seen the kinds of leaks that we have makes me think that the cops are actively building a sexual assault case against him and are just lining up all the ducks before pulling the arrest trigger.

We shall see.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

It is still very early.  My guess is that it this is all coming down to whether or not the alleged victim wants to deal with the crap she's going to have to deal with.

Which is the shame in all of this stuff, but very real.  Good point.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Hold on just a second there.  While none of us know what happened in the Kane incident, it's unfair of you to ascribe any intent to the Stewart situation.  Could Tony have intentionally 'buzzed' Ward to express his frustration? Possibly.  But I think it's a real stretch to think he tried to hit him.  Was Tony somewhat reckless? Maybe, maybe not.  But Ward shares at least equally in the blame. Let's recall that Ward was struck by the outside of Stewart's rear tire as Ward continued to walk down the track.  What happened was a terrible tragedy, not a criminal act, as determined by the DA and police.  And now the mandatory punishment for leaving your car is a one race suspension, as appropriate.

Wow.  I had not known that the toxicology report indicated that Ward had smoked marijuana within 2-5 hours of the incident and that in the medical examiner's professional opinion his blood levels were sufficiently high to impair his judgement. Even before the accident he had put his fellow competitors at risk.  I feel very badly for his parents but I think they are looking for a scapegoat.

Now back to Kane.... Fool.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »
Wow.  I had not known that the toxicology report indicated that Ward had smoked marijuana within 2-5 hours of the incident and that in the medical examiner's professional opinion his blood levels were sufficiently high to impair his judgement. Even before the accident he had put his fellow competitors at risk.  I feel very badly for his parents but I think they are looking for a scapegoat.

Now back to Kane.... Fool.

Yup.  If Ward even simply yells towards Stewart from where his car was wrecked nothing happens.  Instead, Ward walks down onto the racetrack while it is slippery and muddy to try to prove a point.  Can't get any more stupid than that.  Wait until the race is over and punch his lights out if you want.  Do not walk onto a racetrack with cars driving hundreds of miles per hour around it, even if the track conditions are perfect.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »
Chicos - is this the dirt you were insinuating about Buzz? Is he somehow behind this?

You really DID know more than us!
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks