[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

What resturant has the best burger

Sobelmans
Five Guys
Sollys
Culvers
Other

Author Topic: Favorite Burger place  (Read 18353 times)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
Re: Favorite Burger place
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »
I was at Krueger's in Menomonee Falls to watch the tourney games and probably had one of the best burgers I've ever had. They recently expanded and added a kitchen and the food is great...reasonably priced even if their drink's aren't.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »
YOU BITE YOUR TOUNGE!

Hey if you're going to drink beer, man . . . . Drink BEER!!!  ;) 

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 07:53:54 PM »
Hey if you're going to drink beer, man . . . . Drink BEER!!!  ;) 

So you're telling me that a beverage that won four gold medals at the World Beer Cup isn't beer? Allow me to respectfully disagree.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »
So you're telling me that a beverage that won four gold medals at the World Beer Cup isn't beer? Allow me to respectfully disagree.

+1 but disrepsectfully

You don't like Miller lite? WTF is wrong with you?  ;D

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »
Miller Lite has no taste. Which is better than Bud Light. If you are gong to drink anything by Miller drink High Life. Or else break out the Three Floyds, Bells, New Glarus, Dogfish Head, Magic Hat, Bear Republic, Bells, ect.
But I like to throw handfuls...

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2009, 12:30:39 AM »
Miller Lite has no taste. False
Which is better than Bud Light. True
If you are gong to drink anything by Miller drink including High Life.
Or else break out the Three Floyds, Bells, New Glarus, Dogfish Head, Magic Hat, Bear Republic, Bells, ect. All fine choices.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2009, 08:57:32 AM »

no light beers really have any taste. put it this way, one bottle of Bells Hopslam has as much hops as 7 cases of Miller Lite. There just isn't much body or flavor there. Listen, I drink Miller Lite because you can consume mass quantities of it. If I could find the clip from PCU of Jeremy Pivon's talking about chugging Meister Brau I would. But to say Lite is a "good" beer and not just something that is for mass consumption is a falsehood. Emancipate your pallet and try some good old American Micro Beer.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
no light beers really have any taste. put it this way, one bottle of Bells Hopslam has as much hops as 7 cases of Miller Lite. There just isn't much body or flavor there. Listen, I drink Miller Lite because you can consume mass quantities of it. If I could find the clip from PCU of Jeremy Pivon's talking about chugging Meister Brau I would. But to say Lite is a "good" beer and not just something that is for mass consumption is a falsehood. Emancipate your pallet and try some good old American Micro Beer.

But they add the hops at 3 different times, so it has to be good.   ;)

And just mentioning that scene with Piven makes me want to watch PCU.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2009, 09:29:47 AM »

But they add the hops at 3 different times, so it has to be good.   ;)

And just mentioning that scene with Piven makes me want to watch PCU.

PCU is one of the greatest movies ever.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2009, 09:49:06 AM »
PCU is one of the greatest movies ever.

Remember when Jeremy Piven was bald?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 01:39:51 PM »

Beer snob much? Chili you'd pay for an $8 beer at a dive bar just to say you can right? Crack open a Natty or PBR take off the skirt and relax!

Jeremy Piven is the reason I do shots of Cuervo to live No-no-no-notoriously... it's also my name  8-)

VS.

yeah thats Jeremy Piven on Seinfeld auditioning for the part of George when they create the Pilot

Chili

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
Beer snob much? Chili you'd pay for an $8 beer at a dive bar just to say you can right? Crack open a Natty or PBR take off the skirt and relax!

Jeremy Piven is the reason I do shots of Cuervo to live No-no-no-notoriously... it's also my name  8-)

If you would have read what I wrote I do drink High Life. And I do like PBR as well. You can throw Schlitz in there too. But, yes, I am a beer snob. I like good beer. I also a food snob. It doesn't mean it has to be expensive, but it should taste good. Taste is the key thing here. Light beer just has no flavor. It is so watered down and made so you can consume a lot of it. Which has it is place, like I mentioned above.

And having a 10% Hopslam sure beats the piss out of a 4.2% Lite.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2009, 01:50:22 PM »
I'm just kidding around with ya Chili. Since it's become Shandy season it'll be the only thing I drink for a few weeks. I switched to Strongbow because leinies quit on Apple spice. nothing beats the coors light/pbr sobel special. Dogfish Ale is good too. I'll drink just about any beer and do try and match beer to food when it's good food or good beer, but when I'm out with my friends at the bar by 1 or 2 am I don't care what I am drinking so I cheap out and drink me some miller lite. Also there is nothing like grabbing a case or two of Natty and sitting in your garage/in the back yard with your buds and drinking til the sun rises.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »
If you would have read what I wrote I do drink High Life. And I do like PBR as well. You can throw Schlitz in there too. But, yes, I am a beer snob. I like good beer. I also a food snob. It doesn't mean it has to be expensive, but it should taste good. Taste is the key thing here. Light beer just has no flavor. It is so watered down and made so you can consume a lot of it. Which has it is place, like I mentioned above.

And having a 10% Hopslam sure beats the piss out of a 4.2% Lite.

+100000000000000000000

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »
I'm with Chili on this one.  And as the commercial says, "life's too short to drink cheap beer."

Give me a Bell's Porter or a good Belgian Wheat like Wittekerke anyday....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2009, 03:20:17 PM »

Give me a Bell's Porter or a good Belgian Wheat like Wittekerke anyday....

To continue this thread derailment away from Burgers...   
I recently had the New Belium Organic Wit, and it was quite tasty.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »

and hence my original comment

i'm just saying, don't underestimate water! It can also be fatal in mass quantities  :o

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2009, 03:34:34 PM »
I'm just kidding around with ya Chili. Since it's become Shandy season it'll be the only thing I drink for a few weeks. I switched to Strongbow because leinies quit on Apple spice. nothing beats the coors light/pbr sobel special. Dogfish Ale is good too. I'll drink just about any beer and do try and match beer to food when it's good food or good beer, but when I'm out with my friends at the bar by 1 or 2 am I don't care what I am drinking so I cheap out and drink me some miller lite. Also there is nothing like grabbing a case or two of Natty and sitting in your garage/in the back yard with your buds and drinking til the sun rises.

Why did Leinie quit on Apple Spice? i don't think fireside nut brown can compare (although I don't dislike it).  now i have to make my own darn apple beer! (which I don't, but would consider just mixing cider with ?something)  I ended up buying a "cider" beer last autumn, it just wasn't the same.

Also, nothing is wrong with PBR/Schlitz/Lite drinks, but sometimes I go for "quality"/specialty over quantity, yes.

One ought to admit that Sprecher or Lakefront tour >> Miller for the beer aspect

Chili

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

and hence my original comment

i'm just saying, don't underestimate water! It can also be fatal in mass quantities  :o

you can always drink the local beer. can't same the same for water.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Don't get me wrong here, fellas. I enjoy a "good/fancy/expensive" beer as much as the rest of you, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with Miller Lite. Like I said, four-time World Beer Cup Gold. Must be doing something right....

As for the 10% vs 4.2% alcohol content, if that's all you're after, why not skip the beer altogether and go for something in the 100proof range?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
Why did Leinie quit on Apple Spice? i don't think fireside nut brown can compare (although I don't dislike it).  now i have to make my own darn apple beer! (which I don't, but would consider just mixing cider with ?something)  I ended up buying a "cider" beer last autumn, it just wasn't the same.

Also, nothing is wrong with PBR/Schlitz/Lite drinks, but sometimes I go for "quality"/specialty over quantity, yes.

One ought to admit that Sprecher or Lakefront tour >> Miller for the beer aspect

A) fireside nut sucks
b) I don't know exactly why. I think it was just a limited time beer
c) you can always switch to strongbow or Woodchuck Ale's Granny Smith. They taste similiar, but admittedly I've forgotten what Apple Spice tastes like

Chili

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »
A) fireside nut sucks
b) I don't know exactly why. I think it was just a limited time beer
c) you can always switch to strongbow or Woodchuck Ale's Granny Smith. They taste similiar, but admittedly I've forgotten what Apple Spice tastes like

Screw hard cider - that stuff is too sweet for me. If you want a good seasonal go with Furthermore's Fallen Apple. They are from Spring Green, WI.

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2009, 08:18:17 PM »
Screw hard cider - that stuff is too sweet for me. If you want a good seasonal go with Furthermore's Fallen Apple. They are from Spring Green, WI.

word.

but fireside nut brown isn't all bad, c'mon.  it's the cinnamon toast crunch of beer. maybe.

and, touché about the local water.  but I work in a hospital man! as long as it's been purified or unless it's from india/mexico or has vibrio cholera, crypto or c. diff . . .  it's fair game to drink :)  it's not like i grew up on Fiji water or anything!

PS  You'd be surprised, but some of the best tap drinking water IS in Milwaukee . . . well, s/p 1994 crypto outbreak of course  ;D

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Sobelmann's is quite possibly the most over-rated burger place in America.  I would bet Tulsa Warrior's intestines that their meat is frozen, not fresh.  Places that serve frozen beef start out in the hole with me. 

And what people don't seem to grapse is you love their buns, not their burger.  Their buns are fantastic but I'm not going to choose a burger just b/c of their bun.  I appreciate a place that uses quality rolls but if you serve frozen beef, you're just cancelling yourself out.

Other thoughts:

Solly's...We all love the butter.  It's good but it's butter.
Kopp's...Very good but their patties are frozen too though they do enough with it to earn points

My fave...Hooligan's on North.  Wicked Hop in Third Ward pretty good too, though their fries (steak) suck.

Went to In N Out in Vegas two weeks ago, really like it, though I skipped the 1000 Island and I wonder I got the true experience. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2009, 04:01:13 PM »
word.

but fireside nut brown isn't all bad, c'mon.  it's the cinnamon toast crunch of beer. maybe.

and, touché about the local water.  but I work in a hospital man! as long as it's been purified or unless it's from india/mexico or has vibrio cholera, crypto or c. diff . . .  it's fair game to drink :)  it's not like i grew up on Fiji water or anything!

PS  You'd be surprised, but some of the best tap drinking water IS in Milwaukee . . . well, s/p 1994 crypto outbreak of course  ;D

Fireside Nut Brown is terrible, I gave away 4 of my 6 pack because it was way too sweet.

Also I have to disagree with Chili's infatuation with Furthermore... they are just 'alright'.  I taste tested everything they had at the "Thirsty troll" beer tasting event in Mt. Horeb.

feedback