[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188245 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #1000 on: October 18, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »
I haven’t read everything about the situation, but didn’t Kay admit that he abused oxycodone with Skaggs? That doesn’t seem like he’s deflecting his role or addiction problems to me.

He is "coming clean" now.  He is claiming the organization knew, and his mother is claiming that she and/or Kay told Mead about Skaggs addiction.  That somehow there was a cover-up...or "bad things are happening in Anaheim" which is what I was responding to.  It's the word of an addict who could be in serious legal trouble saying this, vs the word of someone that has historically had a very sterling reputation.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen, very well could have.  To early to judge, let the investigation play out.  Both sides could be doing things in their own self interests.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: October 18, 2019, 08:45:18 PM »
Good to see judge and jury have weighed in.  Maybe we can wait on how the investigation completes itself.

Kay was there when I was, and he is not exactly the best witness, with reasons to potentially protect himself who is also an addict.

Tim Mead, also there when I was, now President of the Hall of Fame, I honestly have NEVER heard anyone, EVER question his integrity, honesty, etc.  Mead said no such conversations happened about Skaggs with Kay. 

So let’s see how the investigation plays out.  If the org did know, they should be punished.  If they didn’t then they shouldn’t...so before we hang them let’s get all the info.

Totally agree. Rushing to judgement based on an allegation or something written in the newspaper is patently unfair. Wish you wouldn't have abandoned those principles years ago regarding your school and its successful (too successful for your liking) head coach.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1002 on: October 18, 2019, 11:10:46 PM »
You guys can blame whomever you want.

I put the blame on the guy who was a user for years.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1003 on: October 19, 2019, 09:35:44 AM »
MLB looking to shrink the minor leagues by getting rid of 42 teams in rookie and short-season A ball, and reorganizing the leagues entirely.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/mlb-floats-proposal-that-would-eliminate-42-minor-league-teams/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: October 19, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
That is quite large.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2019, 10:37:45 AM »
Totally agree. Rushing to judgement based on an allegation or something written in the newspaper is patently unfair. Wish you wouldn't have abandoned those principles years ago regarding your school and its successful (too successful for your liking) head coach.

Except the police and public safety reports were online for those to read, except for high ranking people fired because of it, except for people at the university sharing info, except for players no longer on the team, except for the head coach in the press stating sexual assault can never be tolerated, and on and on.....so similar... ::)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:43:24 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2019, 11:30:19 AM »
Except the police and public safety reports were online for those to read, except for high ranking people fired because of it, except for people at the university sharing info, except for players no longer on the team, except for the head coach in the press stating sexual assault can never be tolerated, and on and on.....so similar... ::)

Your hypocrisy on this issue is well known. You've advocated for the rights of the accused in sexual assault cases here on an ongoing basis. Except when the accused (though never indicted or even charged) happen to play basketball for a Buzz Williams coached Marquette. Then unproven accusations (not believed by the public safety people you mention) become tantamount to guilt in your hypocritical eyes.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2019, 02:51:10 PM »
I don't think you guys understand what an MLB Thread, (or the necessary, "Real MLB Thread" or the forthcoming, "Real, Real MLB Thread) is designated to be.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2019, 07:21:06 PM »
You guys can blame whomever you want.

I put the blame on the guy who was a user for years.

I do as well....but addiction....disease...or something.

Occurred after his Tommy John surgery?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2019, 07:26:02 PM »
Your hypocrisy on this issue is well known. You've advocated for the rights of the accused in sexual assault cases here on an ongoing basis. Except when the accused (though never indicted or even charged) happen to play basketball for a Buzz Williams coached Marquette. Then unproven accusations (not believed by the public safety people you mention) become tantamount to guilt in your hypocritical eyes.

I’ve advocated for those wrongfully accused or with flim flam evidence.  I don’t recall advocating for anyone in which the coach tried to chat up the victim, university settlement, relying on the long history of high level investigative prowess of MU Public Safety, etc.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »
I’ve advocated for those wrongfully accused or with flim flam evidence.  I don’t recall advocating for anyone in which the coach tried to chat up the victim, university settlement, relying on the long history of high level investigative prowess of MU Public Safety, etc.

Remind me about the arrests, indictments and convictions of any of the coaches or players. Or don't those things matter to you anymore?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2019, 09:25:07 PM »
Harden and Westbrook at game wearing Rockets jerseys with Harden and Westbrook on the back.  WTH.  Support the Astros!!  They doing it all wrong.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
Harden and Westbrook at game wearing Rockets jerseys with Harden and Westbrook on the back.  WTH.  Support the Astros!!  They doing it all wrong.

Pretty sure they are wearing Astros jerseys

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2019, 10:56:02 PM »
Pretty sure they are wearing Astros jerseys

Correct you.  Incorrect I am.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »
That was an incredible (and long) game.

The wife beater throws a meatball to Altuve with Marisnik on deck. Oops.

Altuve reacted as if that was a Spring Training home run. Love it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2019, 11:26:58 PM »
100 mph is great and all ..., but the great hitters will kill it if the location isn’t there and they are sitting dead red.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1016 on: October 19, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »
Good for the little guy.  Well done!! 

Chapman can throw 103 and he throws 84 mph ball that is crushed.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1017 on: October 19, 2019, 11:30:28 PM »
100 mph is great and all ..., but the great hitters will kill it if the location isn’t there and they are sitting dead red.

Especially when he throws it only 84mph

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2019, 11:52:35 PM »
Blown innings really couldn't happen to two nicer guys

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2019, 09:50:08 PM »
Baez is saying he wants David Ross to be the Cubs' next skipper.

So in addition to the best slider and the best tagger, he also is the best manager-judger.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: October 21, 2019, 07:09:16 AM »
Baez is saying he wants David Ross to be the Cubs' next skipper.

So in addition to the best slider and the best tagger, he also is the best manager-judger.
I could be wrong, but I think it is probably not good when your manager has a history as being one of the guys on the team where he is now managing those guys.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: October 21, 2019, 07:17:20 AM »
Words I thought I would never hear. The Astros have beaten the Yankees in the Playoffs for the 3rd time in 5 years. wow

The Nats matchup will be great if you enjoy watching elite power starting pitching at its finest . ESPN noted... Over the last three year period 6 of the top 10 pitchers in all MLB are in this series...Verlander, Cole, Grienke, Strasbourg Sherzer Corbin....wow

I would give pitching edge to Nats, Offense, defense edge to Astros. This one will go 6 or 7. My guess is Astros in 6

After three years of 100 plus losses earlier in this decade, the last 3, with 100 plus wins have been sheer pleasure.

I am stuck in Spain to 10/31 so my challenge is to get live game feeds at 2am local, in a baseball wasteland,

I hope you enjoy this series.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: October 21, 2019, 07:37:45 AM »
The only bet I would make on this World Series is that it sets a record for strikeouts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: October 21, 2019, 08:42:45 AM »
It is only the 3rd decade in franchise history that the New York Yankees will not be World Series Champions.

They did not win one in 1910's. They did not win one in the 1980’s. They also did not win one in the 2010 decade.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:50:17 AM by shoothoops »

feedback