[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188252 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Brewers Cheering Guide (Sep 26)

I've been a Cubs fan on-and-off for nearly 72 hours now.  By that fact alone, not only have I satisfied the only threshold there is for being a true, blue-blooded Cubs fan, I've also been a Cubs fan for 72 hours now!  But as I sort through my PM's, it's clear that my Cubs fan brethren really aren't too fond me right now, most accusing me of appropriating their fandom for my convenience.  I must say that this week has really been enlightening to me now that I've essentially become the Rachel Dolezal of Cubs nation. So to all of you Cubs-fans-from-birth, even if you don't want to believe that I truly feel like a Cubs fan on the inside, I hope you'll accept my olive branch, which - appropriately - I present to Cubs nation in goat form:

Back on Sept 16th, the Cubs were in solid shape behind Washington for the second Wild Card slot and had 7 games remaining against Division leader St. Louis.  Destiny was in their hands.  Unfortunately, something happened on Sept 17th that could jeopardize even fate written by the Almighty.

http://events.depaul.edu/event/depaul_night_at_the_chicago_cubs#.XYzrhkZKi70

Frankly, if there's something that Brewers, Cards and Cubs fans can all agree upon, it's that in a pennant race, you stay as far away from DePaul as you possibly can.  I understand the proximity challenge is very difficult for the Cubs to overcome, but human ingenuity built a wall in Berlin, we could sure as hell build one around Lake View.

So despite the efforts of Maddon, Theo, TR, and the players; rest assured, Cubs nation, that in the very end, it was likely some intern on the Cubs' promotion staff responsible for putting the season into the tank.

-----

Let's not get too worried about the Tribe, folks.  Last night's loss hurt, but - like the Brewers - they're only one behind in the loss column as of this morning... which will make them even hungrier tomorrow especially if they can rattle off a W today.  As far as Oakland and Tampa Bay, it would be nice if they would drop a game or two between now and Saturday morning, but at least we know that Cleveland is going to give Washington an honest go of things tomorrow night.

-----

Even if you believe in the motivation of revenge or consolation prizes or you're a fan of reversion to the mean, you have to think the Cubs will pull something out of the hat over the last three games.  But let me ask you this, Brewer fans... would you rather face the Dodgers in a 5-game series or a 7-game series?  If the goal is the World Series, might not the Wild Card be the easier path (at least once you get past that 1-game pitfall)?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »
Brewers Cheering Guide (Sep 26)

I've been a Cubs fan on-and-off for nearly 72 hours now.  By that fact alone, not only have I satisfied the only threshold there is for being a true, blue-blooded Cubs fan, I've also been a Cubs fan for 72 hours now!  But as I sort through my PM's, it's clear that my Cubs fan brethren really aren't too fond me right now, most accusing me of appropriating their fandom for my convenience.  I must say that this week has really been enlightening to me now that I've essentially become the Rachel Dolezal of Cubs nation. So to all of you Cubs-fans-from-birth, even if you don't want to believe that I truly feel like a Cubs fan on the inside, I hope you'll accept my olive branch, which - appropriately - I present to Cubs nation in goat form:

Back on Sept 16th, the Cubs were in solid shape behind Washington for the second Wild Card slot and had 7 games remaining against Division leader St. Louis.  Destiny was in their hands.  Unfortunately, something happened on Sept 17th that could jeopardize even fate written by the Almighty.

http://events.depaul.edu/event/depaul_night_at_the_chicago_cubs#.XYzrhkZKi70

Frankly, if there's something that Brewers, Cards and Cubs fans can all agree upon, it's that in a pennant race, you stay as far away from DePaul as you possibly can.  I understand the proximity challenge is very difficult for the Cubs to overcome, but human ingenuity built a wall in Berlin, we could sure as hell build one around Lake View.

So despite the efforts of Maddon, Theo, TR, and the players; rest assured, Cubs nation, that in the very end, it was likely some intern on the Cubs' promotion staff responsible for putting the season into the tank.

-----

Let's not get too worried about the Tribe, folks.  Last night's loss hurt, but - like the Brewers - they're only one behind in the loss column as of this morning... which will make them even hungrier tomorrow especially if they can rattle off a W today.  As far as Oakland and Tampa Bay, it would be nice if they would drop a game or two between now and Saturday morning, but at least we know that Cleveland is going to give Washington an honest go of things tomorrow night.

-----

Even if you believe in the motivation of revenge or consolation prizes or you're a fan of reversion to the mean, you have to think the Cubs will pull something out of the hat over the last three games.  But let me ask you this, Brewer fans... would you rather face the Dodgers in a 5-game series or a 7-game series?  If the goal is the World Series, might not the Wild Card be the easier path (at least once you get past that 1-game pitfall)?

The Brewers should charter a bus from DePaul campus(es) to St Louis this weekend

MU82

• All American
« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »
I love how the Reds' two-bit pitcher plunked Braun the next AB after his grand slam.  So predictable and dumb.

There is nothing more gutless than throwing at a batter just because you can't get him out.

Someday, one of these idiotic headhunting missions is going to result in death or serious injury.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2019, 01:56:59 PM »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2019, 02:38:51 PM »
One game back!

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2019, 03:26:05 PM »
No Yelich, no Braun, no Cain, no Moustakis, No Thames.

No problem!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2019, 03:41:59 PM »
No Yelich, no Braun, no Cain, no Moustakis, No Thames.

No problem!

Crew don't need no stinkin' players!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2019, 05:41:03 PM »
Brother Benny, if you think your Cub fan friends aren’t fond of you, try being Scoop’s Official Cardinal Fan

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2019, 08:06:07 PM »
From Yahoo:
Cubs manager Joe Maddon went out of his way to profanely denounce any future complaints from the Brewers about the situation.

From the Chicago Tribune:

“I will put out the appropriate guys to play based on what’s good for our people, not for their people,” said Maddon, who already has ruled out All-Stars Kris Bryant and Javier Baez because of injuries.

“We’ll put a good team out there, regardless. Now, of course, (the Brewers are) going to b----. Of course they are. I get it. Quite frankly, there are certain things I don’t give a s--- about.

“That would be one of them.”
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »
From Yahoo:
Cubs manager Joe Maddon went out of his way to profanely denounce any future complaints from the Brewers about the situation.

“I will put out the appropriate guys to play based on what’s good for our people, not for their people,” said Maddon, who already has ruled out All-Stars Kris Bryant and Javier Baez because of injuries.

“We’ll put a good team out there, regardless. Now, of course, (the Brewers are) going to b----. Of course they are. I get it. Quite frankly, there are certain things I don’t give a s--- about.

Joe’s big mad.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »
From Yahoo:

Ah the tears. So so bitter.

I mean he can put whatever lineup he wants out there.  Hasn’t made much of a difference the last month anyway.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2019, 08:13:13 PM »
Ah the tears. So so bitter.

I mean he can put whatever lineup he wants out there.  Hasn’t made much of a difference the last month anyway.

Yup. They’ve blown 5+ game leads each of the past 2 September’s to the Brewers. He’s done his part to help us out plenty.

#notourrival
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2019, 08:19:36 PM »
Fook Madden and da horse he road inn on. Adios motherfooker, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2019, 08:22:52 PM »

Hear hear.

• All American
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2019, 08:26:14 PM »

Yep!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
Is there even a single cubbies who hasn’t quit?

• All American
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2019, 09:00:08 PM »
Red Sox left Eduardo Rodriguez in yesterday when he just didn't have it to allow 7 runs in 5 innings (He had a ERA of 1 over his previous 7 starts and 2.20 over his previous 15) so he could get his 19th win with a shot at 20 Sunday at home against the Orioles.  They are out of contention and took a chance on losing (they ended up holding on 12-10, so he got his win) to help a guy go for a statistical milestone.  Reminds me of the old days when they would sit a guy to keep a .300 average or move him up in the lineup to get a shot at 40 HRs or 100 Rs or 100 RBIs or something.  I actually liked it.  What do you guys think?

Then this happens.

https://deadspin.com/red-sox-and-rangers-cast-aside-all-dignity-in-battle-ov-1838506027?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=deadspin_facebook

MU82

• All American
« Reply #693 on: September 26, 2019, 11:36:37 PM »
Joe who?

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #694 on: September 27, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »
Is there even a single cubbies who hasn’t quit?
Bunch of gutless wonders and the team quit too  8-)
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #695 on: September 27, 2019, 07:17:51 AM »
Who's collapse was worse, the Cubs or Marquette?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #696 on: September 27, 2019, 07:19:53 AM »
Bunch of gutless wonders and the team quit too  8-)

More of died then quit....

Rizzos ankle the day he came back to the lineup

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #697 on: September 27, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
NM.  Scherzer was announced for Tuesday.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 05:28:04 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #698 on: September 27, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »

save da horse, ride a cu-boy
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #699 on: September 27, 2019, 09:13:50 PM »
Just the messenger here from the west coast.  I think i have made it known I despise the Dodgers.  Cheer Ed wildly for the Brewers or any team that takes them out.  My Halos went 4-0 against the Dodgers this year,  it sure why no one else can figure them out.   :)

At any rate, the sports intelligentsia here is arguing the Brewers tore it up with Yellich hurt down the stretch, further showing his value is not that great.  I laughed, but figured I would share.  Brewers schedule down the stretch also quite easy, which helped in achieving that record.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback