[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188248 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #575 on: September 22, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
15 days ago the brewers were 5 games back of the cubs.

Wow ... it's real eye-opening when you put it like that.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »
If you saw the Bryant play today, it’s exactly why it’s okay to postpone a game with lots of rain before the game and more on the way.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2019, 04:17:54 PM »
Maddon making no effort to manage his pitchers intelligently for the last few weeks. Thanks for the ring and helping a young team gel. But you’ve not had a handle on this team for the end of the season 2 years in a row. Enjoy the FO gig or retirement.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2019, 04:31:11 PM »
Cubs season starts and ends in just brutal funks. Have to imagine massive changes coming.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2019, 04:44:45 PM »
nelson cruz hit his 400th homer today-he was in the brewers organization 2004-2006.  traded to texas with carlos lee for laynce nix, kevin mench and francisco cordero. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #580 on: September 22, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
LOL Cubs
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #581 on: September 22, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »
wheres the magic number countdown been from cubs fans this year? that was always a treat especially last year.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #582 on: September 22, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »
Hey hey Cubbies what do you say, maybe a hundred years from today.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #583 on: September 22, 2019, 06:49:20 PM »
Cubs-Brewers rivalry chirps I get. But Brewers fans making fun of ineptitude or long droughts when you haven’t won a pennant in 40 years and don’t have a WS period seems pretty moronic.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #584 on: September 22, 2019, 07:11:26 PM »
LOL Cubs

I was thinking more "RIP Cubs."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #585 on: September 22, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »
Rest of the country they been off WGN for years now.

My reference was for us in Chicago.  Yesterday was an end of an era. 
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
Cubs-Brewers rivalry chirps I get. But Brewers fans making fun of ineptitude or long droughts when you haven’t won a pennant in 40 years and don’t have a WS period seems pretty moronic.

Only Cubs fans are allowed to act like their team has done something when they haven't in a century.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #587 on: September 22, 2019, 07:33:40 PM »
Maddon making no effort to manage his pitchers intelligently for the last few weeks. Thanks for the ring and helping a young team gel. But you’ve not had a handle on this team for the end of the season 2 years in a row. Enjoy the FO gig or retirement.

This goes beyond the manager.  This last week was an appropriate summary of the year, the 9th inning especially.  Darvish looked to throw strike three on Goldy, but did not get the call. The next pitch was the double to give the Cards the go ahead lead.  Maddon could have pulled him, but the bullpen has no confidence.   Theo Epstein's moves this year, or lack of them, is what has been distressing.  A team usually has a window of a few years and he didn't make many changes in my opinion to capitalize for this year.

Thank you Zobrist.  Maybe he is back, but no guarantees.  Strop and Hamels are likely gone.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

🏀

• All American
« Reply #588 on: September 22, 2019, 07:55:23 PM »
This goes beyond the manager.  This last week was an appropriate summary of the year, the 9th inning especially.  Darvish looked to throw strike three on Goldy, but did not get the call. The next pitch was the double to give the Cards the go ahead lead.  Maddon could have pulled him, but the bullpen has no confidence.   Theo Epstein's moves this year, or lack of them, is what has been distressing.  A team usually has a window of a few years and he didn't make many changes in my opinion to capitalize for this year.

Thank you Zobrist.  Maybe he is back, but no guarantees.  Strop and Hamels are likely gone.

Lack of moves? In regards to what exactly?

wadesworld

• All American
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #590 on: September 22, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #591 on: September 22, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »
Only Cubs fans are allowed to act like their team has done something when they haven't in a century.

There is no meaningful time period over more than a year or two where the Brewers have outperformed the Cubs in playoff appearances, or division titles, or whatever, even with all the inept cursed nonsense. But sure, just flip it back to Cubs fans being delusional cause your complex is unimpeachable.

Congrats on finishing the season on a tear for the second year in a row, Counsell is far superior to Maddon in pulling those levers. Good luck with Scherzer in the decider.  Try to enjoy it without making some pathetic dig about the Cubs.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2019, 01:30:18 AM »
One thing that always surprised me is how close the all time series between the Brewers and Cubs is. Currently sits at 180-189 in favor of the baby bears. Brewers held the series lead as recently as 2015.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2019, 06:42:29 AM »
There is no meaningful time period over more than a year or two where the Brewers have outperformed the Cubs in playoff appearances, or division titles, or whatever, even with all the inept cursed nonsense. But sure, just flip it back to Cubs fans being delusional cause your complex is unimpeachable.

Congrats on finishing the season on a tear for the second year in a row, Counsell is far superior to Maddon in pulling those levers. Good luck with Scherzer in the decider.  Try to enjoy it without making some pathetic dig about the Cubs.

I don’t think I’ve been taking many digs at the Cubs at all. I just find it funny that the Cubs win one title in 108 years and suddenly they’re so far superior to the Brewers that the Brewers should never be talking about the Cubs losing history. Especially when the Cubs were sitting 5 games up of the Brewers AGAIN with less than a month to play and a payroll of nearly $100M more than the Brewers. 2016 was supposed to be the start of a Cubs dynasty. At least last year they got it to a game 163. Would’ve been nice for the Cubs to have at least kept it competitive to game 162 so maybe the Nats would’ve had to use their full rotation through the end of the season.

But I appreciate the good luck wishes. Everything is gravy in my books. This Brewers team stinks and we’re going to the Playoffs. Pretty remarkable given over the final 2 months seasons we missed multiple weeks of our MVP, our 2nd and 4th best hitters, and our best pitcher, plus our closer missed the entire season.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:44:10 AM by wadesworld »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #594 on: September 23, 2019, 06:44:30 AM »
JWags, while I agree that wades can be a bit much at times, let me try to give you a perspective that might be a bit more realistic.  See we Crew fans understand that sustained success will be somewhat fleeting when playing in the smallest market in the league.  There is zero chance our guys can win pennants and world series every year because it's impossible for us to buy talent.  This discussion came up in the NFL thread where a national TV contract and a hard salary cap make nearly perfect economic leveling possible.  That will never happen in baseball.

So what we've learned to enjoy is when our rival dumps a bajillion dollars into some loser (and you have to admit that the Cubs have an awfully impressive record in that regard) and when we beat them over a game, series or year.  For many Brewers fans, game 163 last year was a highlight we won't soon forget.  Was that a WS win?  Of course not.  But it was a little like when the pretty cheerleader went to the dance with us rather than going with the star QB.

Enjoy the off season.  We still have some ball to play and will relish every moment it extends into October, be it one game or an extended run.   

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #595 on: September 23, 2019, 07:19:55 AM »

Agreeing with a cardinals fan? Well crap

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #596 on: September 23, 2019, 07:22:11 AM »
we missed multiple weeks of our MVP, our 2nd and 4th best hitters, and our best pitcher, plus our closer missed the entire season.

You know this statement is doublely true for the Cubs right?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #597 on: September 23, 2019, 07:32:11 AM »
Trash talking over who gets the right to play in a game where the winner gets trucked by the Dodgers...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #598 on: September 23, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »
You know this statement is doublely true for the Cubs right?

Doubly true for the Cubs?  Lol!

You missed Baez for 15 games.  You missed Rizzo for 3 games.  And now you'll miss Kris Bryant for the final 3 games of the season after you're essentially already eliminated from the Playoffs.

One team overcame much lengthier injuries.  The other completely folded.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #599 on: September 23, 2019, 08:23:46 AM »
JWags, while I agree that wades can be a bit much at times, let me try to give you a perspective that might be a bit more realistic.  See we Crew fans understand that sustained success will be somewhat fleeting when playing in the smallest market in the league.  There is zero chance our guys can win pennants and world series every year because it's impossible for us to buy talent.  This discussion came up in the NFL thread where a national TV contract and a hard salary cap make nearly perfect economic leveling possible.  That will never happen in baseball.

So what we've learned to enjoy is when our rival dumps a bajillion dollars into some loser (and you have to admit that the Cubs have an awfully impressive record in that regard) and when we beat them over a game, series or year.  For many Brewers fans, game 163 last year was a highlight we won't soon forget.  Was that a WS win?  Of course not.  But it was a little like when the pretty cheerleader went to the dance with us rather than going with the star QB.

Enjoy the off season.  We still have some ball to play and will relish every moment it extends into October, be it one game or an extended run.

Glow, as a Yankee fan I get it. The Yanks spent bajillion on Stanton. He has played in about a dozen games this year, yet he'll probably be on the roster for the playoffs, taking a spot for a player who played most of the season and got them into the post season. If it happens it is just sickening to me.

feedback