[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188243 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Brewers extending the netting. That’s nice to hear. I’d definitely be more likely to buy tickets in that area now.

https://twitter.com/sophiaminnaert/status/1172610605737529346?s=21

It's the all-time no-brainer for every team. Only a matter of time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #426 on: September 13, 2019, 06:35:06 PM »
Brewers extending the netting. That’s nice to hear. I’d definitely be more likely to buy tickets in that area now.

C’mon, Cheebs. That’s like an open invitation for chicas to carpetbomb this thread.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:53:18 PM by Jockey »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #427 on: September 13, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »
Cubbies outscored the effen Panthers. Easily. Damn.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »
Reading between the lines, it sounds like Joe and Jed will be gone.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theo-epstein-speaks-cubs-fans-184503111.html

Maddon likely. Don’t see any way Jed is gone.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2019, 10:18:11 PM »
It's the all-time no-brainer for every team. Only a matter of time.

making a boring game (which I love) even more boring.  Eliminating great plays in foul territory among other things. Will make games longer....which will lead to more boredom...baseball cannot get out of its own way.  They are about to have a major RSN issue over next few years as well.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #430 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »

Responses on Twitter....many not happy...do not blame them one bit
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2019, 10:23:21 PM »
Responses on Twitter....many not happy...do not blame them one bit

I sat behind the netting at a Sox game last month.  I have to say it had zero impact on the game watching experience.  Really no big deal at all.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #432 on: September 13, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »
I sat behind the netting at a Sox game last month.  I have to say it had zero impact on the game watching experience.  Really no big deal at all.

I have sat behind the netting many times, I have also sat in the open areas where foul balls come, kids go to get autographs, etc.  I don’t mind the nets from a viewing experience, I mind them from the POV of altering the game on the field.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »
I can’t remember one single play made in Miller Park this season, by the Brewers or a road team, that the new netting will take away next year. Not one.

Maybe I just have bad timing in the games that I miss watching or the times I leave the room to go to the bathroom or grab food. But genuinely can’t remember a single play a player made in the stands at Miller Park. Can’t even come up with one example in the history of the park.

Also, has Chicos figured out what it means to be a homer yet?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:42:42 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »
Maddon likely. Don’t see any way Jed is gone.

Sliding McLeod over is hardly a vote of confidence for Jed.

Jason's a great baseball guy; he's a fresh set of eyes. If he's around the team more, it gives a new perspective that maybe he'll say something that helps a player or helps the front office or helps Joe [Maddon] or a coach just with a new set of eyes.

We're taking a fresh look at every aspect of the organization.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2019, 09:08:35 AM »
Sliding McLeod over is hardly a vote of confidence for Jed.

Jed and Theo work as a team for all decisions. Now they’ve added Jason to that team regarding decisions about the big league team.

Ultimately Theo has the final say.  He’s not going to drop Jed for the choices he made, especially when there’s a good chance Theo leaves in two years when his contract is up. He has said many times 10 years is about the right amount to time to be in a place before a new voice is needed.

If I had to bet, I’d guess in two years Theo moves on, Jed becomes President, and Jason becomes GM.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
Jed and Theo work as a team for all decisions. Now they’ve added Jason to that team regarding decisions about the big league team.

Ultimately Theo has the final say.  He’s not going to drop Jed for the choices he made, especially when there’s a good chance Theo leaves in two years when his contract is up. He has said many times 10 years is about the right amount to time to be in a place before a new voice is needed.

If I had to bet, I’d guess in two years Theo moves on, Jed becomes President, and Jason becomes GM.

Time will tell. Jed has spent a lot of money on bad arms.  No way the Ricketts promote him in two years if the next two years trend like the last two.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2019, 10:48:06 AM »
Time will tell. Jed has spent a lot of money on bad arms.  No way the Ricketts promote him in two years if the next two years trend like the last two.

Jed and Theo spent a lot of money.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:50:04 AM by TallTitan34 »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »
Jed and Theo spent a lot of money.

Jed is redundant then.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »
making a boring game (which I love) even more boring.  Eliminating great plays in foul territory among other things. Will make games longer....which will lead to more boredom...baseball cannot get out of its own way.  They are about to have a major RSN issue over next few years as well.

You cannot possibly think that extending the netting will prolong the game in any meaningful way.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2019, 12:58:56 PM »

Watching baseball for plays in the stands in foul territory is like watching nascar for the crashes.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2019, 01:18:57 PM »
Watching baseball for plays in the stands in foul territory is like watching nascar for the crashes.

To be fair, there's a chunk of racing fans that do exactly that

🏀

• All American
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »
Last Sunday was sitting a couple rows behind the Brewers dugout.

The netting is fantastic, didn’t have to worry about my 6 and 2 year olds. Nice sense of security.

My mother came with and didn’t even notice the nets compared to her last trip in these seats.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2019, 03:22:21 PM »

The netting is fantastic, didn’t have to worry about my 6 and 2 year olds. Nice sense of security.

My mother came with and didn’t even notice the nets compared to her last trip in these seats.

You get those sick tix from the players’ families?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2019, 03:27:23 PM »
You get those sick tix from the players’ families?

No, but we did get on the field afterwards, to run the bases.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »

Sorry, you're not allowed to think that.

You can only think it made the game more boring by eliminating the tens of thousands of plays every year that the netting now has ruined.

Instead of putting up more netting, they should eliminate netting and screens everywhere. That'll keep all those SJW Millennials right behind the plate off their effen phones!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #446 on: September 15, 2019, 01:56:14 PM »
Trout being shutdown...surgery tomorrow. 

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2019, 02:29:53 PM »
Trout being shutdown...surgery tomorrow.

Hope he can bounce back quickly. Looks like Rizzo just badly sprained his ankle. Bummer seeing all these stars hurt at the end of the year.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
Braun!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2019, 04:40:52 PM »
Braun!

just turned the game on, 2 down top of 9th, worked the count to 3/2 and goodnight!  7-4

then hader gives up a 2 run homer to edman  7-6  bottom of 9
don't...don't don't don't don't