[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188245 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »
Still gotta win the games, but Brew Crew schedule is so much easier down the stretch.

Heck, they could put all kinds of pressure on not just the Cubs but also the Cards if they can sweep the series that starts tomorrow in St. Louis. Cardinals have by far the most difficult remaining sked of the three.

Ironically 82, where the Crew has faltered all year is against the sub .500 teams.  17 to go.  I think most fans would be pretty happy about a WC game.  This year has been a real struggle at times.

BTW, the unconfirmed reports about Yeli are 6 weeks.  That would just be enough time to be activated for the WS.  Yeah, I know, I know.  :)   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #351 on: September 12, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
Ironically 82, where the Crew has faltered all year is against the sub .500 teams.  17 to go.  I think most fans would be pretty happy about a WC game.  This year has been a real struggle at times.

BTW, the unconfirmed reports about Yeli are 6 weeks.  That would just be enough time to be activated for the WS.  Yeah, I know, I know.  :)

Yelich is real easy to root for. I'm hoping for a speedy, full recovery.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2019, 08:18:34 AM »
Would’ve been the first outfielder since Barry Bonds to win back to back MVPs. Brutal.

Open up the checkbook Mark. Bring back Yas and Moose and run the offense back with a full year of Keston instead of continuing to trot Shaw out there.

Then go out and bring Wade Miley back and add a bullpen arm or two.

Mark open his checkbook...  yeah, that won’t ever happen.  It’s amazing the brewers do as well as they do with such a tight owner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2019, 08:19:23 AM »
Mark open his checkbook...  yeah, that won’t ever happen.  It’s amazing the brewers do as well as they do with such a tight owner.

::)

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #354 on: September 12, 2019, 08:23:53 AM »
::)

Not just my words.  Other brewer management tell me the same.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2019, 08:27:14 AM »
[...] It’s amazing the brewers do as well as they do with such a tight owner.

lol serious internet man wants to be taken seriously.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2019, 08:33:28 AM »

Lol what?  Milwaukee is the smallest market in Major League Baseball and has the 15th highest payroll in the MLB.  Their payroll is a record high for the organization this year.

Attanasio has been incredible for the Brewers and Milwaukee.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:47 AM »
Lol what?  Milwaukee is the smallest market in Major League Baseball and has the 15th highest payroll in the MLB.  Their payroll is a record high for the organization this year.

Word.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »

When the Brewers were considering bringing in Craig Kimbrel, mark made it very clear if he signs him, “don’t expect to get anyone else the rest of the year”

If not for Yelich, where would the Brewers be?

Yes the brewers have the 15th highest payroll in the mlb, but also have fans to back why mark should be spending. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

You're as tied in to the Brewers as TinyDickTim is at MU, I see.   ::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2019, 09:59:33 AM »
When the Brewers were considering bringing in Craig Kimbrel, mark made it very clear if he signs him, “don’t expect to get anyone else the rest of the year”

Yes the brewers have the 15th highest payroll in the mlb, but also have fans to back why mark should be spending. 

I'm completely fine with Mark not paying Craig Kimbrel $15M for the next 3 years.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2019, 10:16:08 AM »

Dude... wearing an orange shirt with a button that says 'Supervisor' on it doesn't qualify you as "Brewer management."  I don't care how many raffle tickets you sold last week.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2019, 10:20:37 AM »
Dude... wearing an orange shirt with a button that says 'Supervisor' on it doesn't qualify you as "Brewer management."  I don't care how many raffle tickets you sold last week.

He flies them on their private jets.  Because I'm certain the rest of the Brewers front office is really anxious to air all their issues about the owners with their pilot, who then goes and shares it on MUScoop.  ::)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2019, 10:27:50 AM »

Yeah but Milwaukee's local television revenue is near the bottom of the league.  According to this estimation, only Colorado, KC, Miami and Tampa earns less.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/estimated-tv-revenues-for-all-30-mlb-teams/

If you look at this list of 2018 team revenue, the Brewers are 16th.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193645/revenue-of-major-league-baseball-teams-in-2010/

So right about where their payroll is located.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #364 on: September 12, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
He flies them on their private jets.  Because I'm certain the rest of the Brewers front office is really anxious to air all their issues about the owners with their pilot, who then goes and shares it on MUScoop.  ::)

Called networking, you wouldn’t know a thing about it in your office cubical. 

If you want my credentials let me know when you’re at the park, I’ll meet you behind home plate and can introduce you.

Same offer goes to everyone else.  There’s about 10 home games left, let me know when you’re all going and I’ll meet you there.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #365 on: September 12, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »

If you want my credentials let me know when you’re at the park, I’ll meet you behind home plate and can introduce you.

Same offer goes to everyone else.  There’s about 10 home games left, let me know when you’re all going and I’ll meet you there.

Are you Front Row Amy?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2019, 10:37:47 AM »

Lol.  I'm starting to see a theme amongst the pilots of MUScoop...

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2019, 10:43:09 AM »
Lol.  I'm starting to see a theme amongst the pilots of MUScoop...

My offer stands, anyone is welcome to meet me at the park.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2019, 10:57:05 AM »
Are you Front Row Amy?

Nah, its Marlins Man!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
My offer stands, anyone is welcome to meet me at the park.

Congratulations.  I'm quite confident that any Brewers fan on Scoop has sat within the first 5 rows behind home plate at some point.  We aren't talking about Fenway Park here.  Those tickets aren't that hard to get.

But you da man.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2019, 11:15:15 AM »
Congratulations.  I'm quite confident that any Brewers fan on Scoop has sat within the first 5 rows behind home plate at some point.  We aren't talking about Fenway Park here.  Those tickets aren't that hard to get.

But you da man.

Well considering Brewers family sits in rows 20 and further back, I wouldn’t be in the first 5 rows big Chief.

Again, I have an open invitation to anyone who wants to meet, see some of the players after the game, and go on the field.

You da man for talking sh*t, but refusing to accept.   Tell you what, I’ll get you some tickets too.  How many? 1?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2019, 11:19:22 AM »
When we were talking luxury tax earlier in the thread, I started to look at team payroll spends as a % of total revenue.  I gave up because you could spend all day on that, but I'd be curious to see year over year how the Brewers stack up.  The one year I looked at (2017) they were one of two teams in the league's bottom half of revenue whose payroll was > 50% of total revenues. I'd bet they stack up pretty favorably on that score year over year.

(Disclaimer - that measurement obviously starts to fall apart when you look at the upper echelon, who make a magnitude more money than everyone else - NYY, Bos, LAD make so much money that % of revenues isn't a useful measurement for payroll, though their revenues do suggest they shouldn't have a problem paying some tax most years, with maybe a year off here and there to get rid of the repeater penalties)

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2019, 11:26:25 AM »
When we were talking luxury tax earlier in the thread, I started to look at team payroll spends as a % of total revenue.  I gave up because you could spend all day on that, but I'd be curious to see year over year how the Brewers stack up.  The one year I looked at (2017) they were one of two teams in the league's bottom half of revenue whose payroll was > 50% of total revenues. I'd bet they stack up pretty favorably on that score year over year.

(Disclaimer - that measurement obviously starts to fall apart when you look at the upper echelon, who make a magnitude more money than everyone else - NYY, Bos, LAD make so much money that % of revenues isn't a useful measurement for payroll, though their revenues do suggest they shouldn't have a problem paying some tax most years, with maybe a year off here and there to get rid of the repeater penalties)

Curious, st.Louis is a small market, yet is post season contenders every year. They have no problems gathering talent, paying top dollar for free agents, etc.  how do the brewers get to that? 

Obviously the cardinals have a rich history, and a great fan base, so how can the brewers get to that level? 

Similar to the Packers, except there is no single owner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2019, 11:32:22 AM »
Bellinger has higher WAR, by quite a bit....defense also matters, it isn’t just about hitting.

Depends on the source.  Fangraphs has Yelich 7.7 vs. Beli 7.1. B/R has Beli 8.1 vs. Yeli 7.1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2019, 11:33:09 AM »
Well considering Brewers family sits in rows 20 and further back, I wouldn’t be in the first 5 rows big Chief.

Again, I have an open invitation to anyone who wants to meet, see some of the players after the game, and go on the field.

You da man for talking sh*t, but refusing to accept.   Tell you what, I’ll get you some tickets too.  How many? 1?

I'm roughly 12-15 years beyond caring about meeting the players and their families.  If I happen to run into one on a street?  It's very cool.  Am I going to go out of my way to try to make sure I meet them?  Not really interested in that.  I appreciate the offer though.