[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188243 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »
The one in the ninth was pretty brutal. The pitch was at the level of his elbow pad.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2019, 07:15:46 PM »
All time douche

And yet, no drunk driving, spousal abuse, drug trafficking, drug use, steroid allegations, fraudulent business dealings, or attempted murder.

Cool story though. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2019, 07:35:49 PM »
Athletics are 20 games over .500 yet sit outside of the Wildcard. Mike Fiers is 13-3.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
And yet, no drunk driving, spousal abuse, drug trafficking, drug use, steroid allegations, fraudulent business dealings, or attempted murder.

Cool story though.

One can be a criminal and a douche, one can also be a douche of a player between the lines.  AJ is that personified.  It is why so many classified him that way as a player.

https://popculturehasaids.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/the-20-biggest-douchebags-in-baseball/

https://flavadave10mlb.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/mlb-all-douchebag-team/

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-20-douchiest-people-in-sports/

Voted in 2012 by his fellow players as the most hated in the league....he won with handily from his peers.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2019, 08:06:56 PM »
One can be a criminal and a douche, one can also be a douche of a player between the lines.  AJ is that personified.  It is why so many classified him that way as a player.

https://popculturehasaids.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/the-20-biggest-douchebags-in-baseball/

https://flavadave10mlb.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/mlb-all-douchebag-team/

https://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-20-douchiest-people-in-sports/

Voted in 2012 by his fellow players as the most hated in the league....he won with handily from his peers.

I wonder where you would fall is a scoop poll.

Really though,  who cares.  I hated him as a Twin and loved him on the Sox.  His Sox teammates didn't seem to have any real problems with him.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:10:14 PM by buckchuckler »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »
I wonder where you would fall is a scoop poll.

Really though,  who cares.  I hated him as a Twin and loved him on the Sox.  His Sox teammates didn't seem to have any real problems with him.

Oh I am guessing I would come out pretty hated by some, but that’s ok.  Feel free to start the poll.  I  don’t give two chits and those on the board that really know me, really know me...met me...broke bread with me...etc, those are the peeps I care about much more. 

Now, AJ’s peers voted him that way, they worked with him daily, far different than people on a message board that few have met.  AJ also got called out for lying to umps, essentially being an agitator and taking advantage of situations when he clearly knew he was in the wrong, but sometime he could get a gullible u p to go for it.  If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.  Nothing noble about AJ.  I am not surprised by your response, reminds me of Bulls fans with Rodman and others.  He’s a douche, but when he plays for us he is our beloved douche....right?

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
Oh I am guessing I would come out pretty hated by some, but that’s ok.  Feel free to start the poll.  I  don’t give two chits and those on the board that really know me, really know me...met me...broke bread with me...etc, those are the peeps I care about much more. 

Now, AJ’s peers voted him that way, they worked with him daily, far different than people on a message board that few have met.  AJ also got called out for lying to umps, essentially being an agitator and taking advantage of situations when he clearly knew he was in the wrong, but sometime he could get a gullible u p to go for it.  If you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.  Nothing noble about AJ.  I am not surprised by your response, reminds me of Bulls fans with Rodman and others.  He’s a douche, but when he plays for us he is our beloved douche....right?

I smell ALCS tears.  That's all this is about right?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2019, 09:01:46 PM »
Trout 200 stolen bases and 250 HRs before age 28.  Fastest ever to do it by nearly a year.  Need some pitching badly.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2019, 09:03:10 PM »
I smell ALCS tears.  That's all this is about right?

Uhm, did I vote him a douche like his fellow players?  Did that have anything to do with the ALCS?  He earned those honors all by his big boy self for many years.

Fans were asking if AJ was the biggest cheater in baseball for a long time.  Years before the ALCS or the NLCS for which he was accused in both. He is what he is, a douche.

https://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/3212/pierzynski-cheats-romero-loses-no-no

https://landofdavecorzine.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/is-aj-pierzynski-the-greatest-cheater-in-mlb-history/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:06:17 PM by Cheeks »

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2019, 09:39:57 PM »
Uhm, did I vote him a douche like his fellow players?  Did that have anything to do with the ALCS?  He earned those honors all by his big boy self for many years.

Fans were asking if AJ was the biggest cheater in baseball for a long time.  Years before the ALCS or the NLCS for which he was accused in both. He is what he is, a douche.

https://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/3212/pierzynski-cheats-romero-loses-no-no

https://landofdavecorzine.wordpress.com/2008/08/25/is-aj-pierzynski-the-greatest-cheater-in-mlb-history/

;D

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2019, 09:52:04 PM »
Yeah.  Not clicking on any of your links.  His competitors don't like him.  Big deal.  Would Gibson or Feller have been widely liked? 

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the media.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #236 on: September 02, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »
Yeah.  Not clicking on any of your links.  His competitors don't like him.  Big deal.  Would Gibson or Feller have been widely liked? 

+1. As you previously stated, lots of hate due to the pounding the Sox gave the Halos in 2005. Cheeks can't hate him just because he's a douche. After all, he acknowledges that Crean is the quintessential douche, a douche among men, the Douche for All Seasons,  - and yet he worships at his altar.

Douche or not, I'd want him on my side. Smart, got under opponents skin, kept his cool while others lost theirs. And (in a bar in Detroit out drinking with all those teammates Chico claims hated him, LOL) he picked Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" as the soon to be World Champion's anthem. And now he's as good as it gets in the booth. Love that guy!!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2019, 02:23:10 AM »

His Red Sox teammates asked the club to get rid of him, widely known.  Not the only club he played for in which that happened.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2019, 02:23:52 AM »
+1. As you previously stated, lots of hate due to the pounding the Sox gave the Halos in 2005. Cheeks can't hate him just because he's a douche. After all, he acknowledges that Crean is the quintessential douche, a douche among men, the Douche for All Seasons,  - and yet he worships at his altar.

Douche or not, I'd want him on my side. Smart, got under opponents skin, kept his cool while others lost theirs. And (in a bar in Detroit out drinking with all those teammates Chico claims hated him, LOL) he picked Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" as the soon to be World Champion's anthem. And now he's as good as it gets in the booth. Love that guy!!!

It’s funny how much space I occupy in your brain.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2019, 06:37:24 AM »
It’s funny how much space I occupy in your brain.

You’re going to have 5,000 posts in the first year if having this username. That’s a lot of reading for any scoop poster. You take up a lot of space in all our brains.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2019, 07:15:15 AM »

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58988.msg1151472#msg1151472
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2019, 07:52:10 AM »
Were they always this insufferable or is this a residual effect from the Tony LaRussa era?

Naah, it goes back to the 1920s. We have been the best fans in baseball since the advent of the radio.

Don’t believe we are the best fans in baseball? Just ask us!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2019, 08:02:11 AM »
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58988.msg1151472#msg1151472

Where did I say I was buckchuckler free? Cheeks has had literally scores of posts I could have ripped in the last week but I refrained. Because I won't talk to him. But he's omnipresent here - in the middle of almost everything. So he will likely come up in conversations with others. Sorry, Mom.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:28 AM »
Where did I say I was buckchuckler free? Cheeks has had literally scores of posts I could have ripped in the last week but I refrained. Because I won't talk to him. But he's omnipresent here - in the middle of almost everything. So he will likely come up in conversations with others. Sorry, Mom.

LOL.  OK.  You took a topic about AJ and made it about Cheeks and Crean. 

He's right when he says "It’s funny how much space I occupy in your brain."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »
His Red Sox teammates asked the club to get rid of him, widely known.  Not the only club he played for in which that happened.

Could we do a similar vote?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:34 AM »
You’re going to have 5,000 posts in the first year if having this username. That’s a lot of reading for any scoop poster. You take up a lot of space in all our brains.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2019, 10:36:55 AM »
If one is put in the unenviable position to defend A.J.’s antics, he has the losing hand.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »
He’s a douche, but when he plays for us he is our beloved douche....right?

Sports fandom is new to you, I see.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2019, 11:35:45 AM »
As a former little league umpire (impressive I know), I'd actually blame the umpires for the AJ controversy against the Angels.

Before this play even happened, they were teaching us that the home plate umpire can't always tell if the catcher catches the ball in the dirt from his viewpoint.  As a result the first base umpire (for a righty batter) or the third base umpire (for a lefty batter) should signal either a closed fist (if caught) or a open palm (if not caught) to help the home plate umpire make the call.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2019, 11:40:29 AM »
He’s a douche, but when he plays for us he is our beloved douche....right?

This is how I felt when Jim Edmonds became a Cub.

God, I hated that guy... until he got a few big hits as a Cub.

feedback