[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Real MLB Thread  (Read 188245 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Real MLB Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
Oxy, fentanyl, and booze will do it.   Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »
Feel for the family, obviously a sad situation, but to go out and seek to sue some locker room jockey is going to bring out some information about their son that they probably didn’t know (their denial and naivety on a likely drug addiction or at least interest).

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2019, 12:46:49 AM »
Feel for the family, obviously a sad situation, but to go out and seek to sue some locker room jockey is going to bring out some information about their son that they probably didn’t know (their denial and naivety on a likely drug addiction or at least interest).

You're right. The problem isn't that someone supplied the pills - it is that Skaggs wanted the pills.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
A little off topic, but.....

Next month, ESPN has an E:60 about the first live broadcast of a game that they televised. It was a Semi-pro 12” game between Milwaukee and a team from Kentucky at Lannan Field.

I’m looking forward to it cause there are several guys I played with and against on the Milwaukee team - guys from Kenosha and Racine.

Will be fun to see this doc.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »
Very nice Saturday for the Cardinals.

A repeat today would give them a 4-game lead.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »
Very nice Saturday for the Cardinals.

A repeat today would give them a 4-game lead.

They essentially are playing 5 games in 48 hours including tomorrow’s day game.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
A little off topic, but.....

Next month, ESPN has an E:60 about the first live broadcast of a game that they televised. It was a Semi-pro 12” game between Milwaukee and a team from Kentucky at Lannan Field.

I’m looking forward to it cause there are several guys I played with and against on the Milwaukee team - guys from Kenosha and Racine.

Will be fun to see this doc.
Phil Higgins was the man.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2019, 06:13:45 PM »
They essentially are playing 5 games in 48 hours including tomorrow’s day game.

A win tonight and they're up 4 on the little cubbie bear. Cardinals are playing really well and even Harrison Bader -- Mr. Clutch -- is hitting

Ya'll know what that white stuff running down the little cubbie bear's face is right now? It's either beer foam or bird crap.

Best thing about baseball -- here today gone tomorrow.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2019, 07:10:13 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2019, 07:40:17 AM »
A win tonight and they're up 4 on the little cubbie bear. Cardinals are playing really well and even Harrison Bader -- Mr. Clutch -- is hitting

Ya'll know what that white stuff running down the little cubbie bear's face is right now? It's either beer foam or bird crap.

Best thing about baseball -- here today gone tomorrow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-fired-up-over-unwritten-rules-again-freddy-galvis-201635425.html

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »
Thank goodness we have the Cardinals to keep track of all these unwritten rules for us.

Of course.

They have the best fans in baseball. And they play the game the right way

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2019, 01:24:25 PM »
Thank goodness we have the Cardinals to keep track of all these unwritten rules for us.

Were they always this insufferable or is this a residual effect from the Tony LaRussa era?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »

This has been known for a long time.  Braden took on A Rod.  Bert Blyleven, Jamie Quirk, Dave Roberts, Steve Carlton, Bob Gibson,

You guys don’t remember this from the last decade?

https://thebaseballcodes.com/category/dont-cross-the-pitchers-mound/

https://thebaseballcodes.com/2010/04/24/point-counterpoint-on-the-a-rodbraden-affair/

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:59:46 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »
Every individual situation is different depending on the topic, but any pitcher in their league would not like it if opposing player jogged over the mound where they pitch.

Brewers vs Astros this week.....even after all of these years I still see the Astros as a National League team and Brewers as an American League team.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2019, 06:03:34 PM »
Were they always this insufferable or is this a residual effect from the Tony LaRussa era?

Not shocking that one of baseball’s all time pricks, AJ Pierzynski was guilty of this constantly.  And he got plunked often as a result. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
Not shocking that one of baseball’s all time pricks, AJ Pierzynski was guilty of this constantly.  And he got plunked often as a result.

AJ is the unnatural carnal knowledgeing man.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »
You have 40 players to work with and you send up Travis Shaw in a 2-2 game with 2 outs and a runner on second in the bottom of the 9th? Counsel hasn’t had anything to work with so not much to blame him for this year, but that alone might be fireable. I’d take Tebow over Shaw. Heck I’d take current day Michael Jordan over Shaw.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2019, 06:22:45 PM »
AJ is the unnatural carnal knowledgeing man.

All time douche

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »
You have 40 players to work with and you send up Travis Shaw in a 2-2 game with 2 outs and a runner on second in the bottom of the 9th? Counsel hasn’t had anything to work with so not much to blame him for this year, but that alone might be fireable. I’d take Tebow over Shaw. Heck I’d take current day Michael Jordan over Shaw.

Did I miss something or could they have just had Arcia bat?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2019, 06:37:30 PM »
Did I miss something or could they have just had Arcia bat?

You’re right. Didn’t even notice that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »
You’re right. Didn’t even notice that.

And because of that you had Perez to end the game instead of Moose.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
MVPs shouldn’t be getting screwed over that bad on the strike zone. Two backward Ks where the ball never came close to the strike zone.

• All American
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2019, 06:51:36 PM »
MVPs shouldn’t be getting screwed over that bad on the strike zone. Two backward Ks where the ball never came close to the strike zone.

It was being called all game. He should have known that.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2019, 07:02:22 PM »
BTW even Astros TV crew thought Yelich got jobbed on those calls, too.

Only in recent years have they been able to throw up the strike zone graphic...giving all of us an idea of what should be called.
Its weird tho...there are clearly umps who are consistent and others that go off the rails...I now more fully understand why players/pitchers just want call consistency
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.