'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who could be the MU Sleeper Player in the Tourney?  (Read 4354 times)

WarriorFan

• All American
Re: Who could be the MU Sleeper Player in the Tourney?
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »
Those "bad" shots win NCAA tournament games.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2022, 12:51:53 PM »
I think Kolek pulls us through the first round. It’ll do him good to face a non big east opponent, so he is my pick. Mainly his PG play because I think there will be a very heavy volume of Lewis and Morsell shots. I do think the X factor is Kur though. Two early fouls from him would be awful.

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2022, 01:02:08 PM »
What does Porky think about the future potential of young Stevie and Mr. Jones?

Stevie is Porky's favorite player on the team, and Kam is great when he's on.  Both have fantastic long term potential but not sure if either could be a difference maker in the NCAA.  Anyone can have a great game at any time, and hope both do throughout post-season play, which we all hope they can win at least another 4 games.  Porky would be thrilled with 2x  BET W's and 2x NCAA W's.  Hopefully they can accomplish that.  Anything beyond is gravy in Porky's Pen.

As for the Sleeper, Porky's sticking with KUR.  He has the potential to be the biggest post-season difference maker for us in IPHO.  Porky doesn't view either Morsell or Kam as sleepers, but agree with Dr. V that if TKO can average double digits or more, he can break out as well.   Dude is great at running the O but as Porky has mentioned many many times, a starting D1 PG in a high major conf. needs to avg. at least 9 PPG per game to be an X factor, preferably double digits.  Dude plays too many minutes to only avg. 6.8 ppg.  If he can increase that by 3.2 pts in post season, we'll be in good shape.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2022, 02:16:42 PM »
There are games when the whole team is asleep; especially on defense. So I hope we have no sleeper players and they are fully awake.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2022, 04:13:21 PM »
any contributions from the Bench will be appreciated. Last game we got 1(one) bench point in the first half.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2022, 04:38:23 PM »
I’ll go with TyKo

Tyler Kolek has been a bit of a sleeper of late, so I’d say that an outbreak game from him would come as a pretty big surprise, and would likely give MU a W.

In terms of importance of success in this years dance I’ll go with Darryl as #1, Kur/Oso as #2 (but mainly Kur), and Tyler as #3.

Where’s Justin? Well I kind of think he will be game planned for and just view him as the guy we need to just get somewhere close to his season averages.
MU won’t win if he has a complete dud, so at the end of the day he’s easily the most important, but I don’t really see him getting fully shut down because of his offensive versatility.

I’ve said all season I think Darryl is the X factor. He is a leader and a veteran, he creates for himself and scores tough buckets when everything bogs down.
If MU needs someone to step up in a pressure situation to pull off a win, or possibly two, he will likely have to come up big on both ends of the court.

If Kur blocks shots and becomes a defensive enforcer early in MUs game, that will lead to momentum and overall defensive success, and likely carry Marquette if they don’t go completely broke offensively.

If Tyler starts out in the first 5 minutes getting guys easy looks and buckets, the types we’ve seen from him in the first half of the season, then MU will be in good shape.
The “sleeper” part comes in the form of him scoring. If TyKo gets comfortable and gets guys going, AND hits some shots and scores 10-15 pts then MU can get to the sweet 16.
This.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2022, 02:49:27 PM »
Porky would be thrilled with 2x  BET W's and 2x NCAA W's.  Hopefully they can accomplish that.  Anything beyond is gravy in Porky's Pen.

So playing for an elite 8 would be gravy?………I think everyone in the basketball world would agree with that.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2022, 04:54:09 PM »
any contributions from the Bench will be appreciated. Last game we got 1(one) bench point in the first half.

True, but it has gone unnoticed that our starters dominated over the St. John's starters in that same 1st half.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.