[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chicago Murders +  (Read 3883 times)

The Lens

• All American
Chicago Murders +
« on: January 25, 2024, 07:43:28 AM »
Please use this space to catalog all the crime that happened to Scoopers who endeavored to see MU play in person last night in the crime ridden city of Chicago.

And yes Mods, I understand that Scoop has limited bandwidth so I know not every crime will be able to be documented.

I have heard from people close to the program that the team made it to the Lake Forest Oasis.  Apparently the team (traveling party of 43) has 77 armed guards (good guys with guns) protecting them.  But there looked to be 2500 MU fans there last night.  I would assume they're all dead.  2500 seems like a low murder count on typical Chicago night, but we'll see.

Say your prayers.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: Chicago Murders +
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 08:12:19 AM »
This ought to work out well.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 08:42:59 AM »
I want to report David Joplin being too close to a guy shooting a half courter. That was a crime to me.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2024, 08:54:18 AM »
I want to report David Joplin being too close to a guy shooting a half courter. That was a crime to me.

crime begets crime
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2024, 09:59:55 AM »
Attendance was over 6K, and MU had more than 2500 fans. Closer to 5K. Great alumni event as MU reserved the whole restaurant. Packed. Free beer and pizza.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 10:02:34 AM »
Attendance was over 6K, and MU had more than 2500 fans. Closer to 5K. Great alumni event as MU reserved the whole restaurant. Packed. Free beer and pizza.

Thank goodness the restaurant wasn't shot up by some lunatic who thought it was Comet Ping Pong and y'all were cannibals running a child sex-trafficking outfit.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 10:08:56 AM »
I heard some fans were beat to a pulp.  Unfortunately because they were not murdered, this does not count towards violent crime so I don't know the real number on that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 10:53:27 AM »
I was murdered twice just reading this thread.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 10:53:46 AM »
I heard some fans were beat to a pulp.

Every day on scoop
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 11:06:21 AM »
this is kinda weird-i suppose it's meant to be funny because...??  shouldn't it be in teal then?  otherwise, i sure hope no one got injured in any way or fashion much less murdered as i doubt anyone who knows someone who has been murdered or experienced violent crime would be amused. 

did someone say they weren't going to the game because they were afraid of being murdered?

anyway, have fun with this as i see many already are
don't...don't don't don't don't

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2024, 11:21:39 AM »
this is kinda weird-i suppose it's meant to be funny because...??  shouldn't it be in teal then?  otherwise, i sure hope no one got injured in any way or fashion much less murdered as i doubt anyone who knows someone who has been murdered or experienced violent crime would be amused. 

did someone say they weren't going to the game because they were afraid of being murdered?

Mope

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2024, 11:26:29 AM »
O, dis iz fookin' hilarious. Sew taught provokin' and informative, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 11:39:45 AM »

All of your posts are funny, yet none are in teal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2024, 11:43:00 AM »
Il Culaccino was filled with MU fans. Alas, they did not have their restaurant week menu available last night ( they learned their lesson last year, I think). Does that count as a crime of some sort?
On the other hand, it freed me up to order the pasta in vodka sauce, as opposed to their set Restaurant Week menu…

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2024, 11:46:32 AM »
freed me up to order the pasta in vodka sauce

I can only assume you murdered that?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2024, 11:51:13 AM »
It's almost like constantly dwelling on the crime rate of an American city is a ridiculous pursuit.

huh. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2024, 11:53:54 AM »
How many crows were there in downtown Chicago?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2024, 12:17:16 PM »
Mope

me? it was one of your buds that put this thing out there-you should be helping him out here with all you profound wit and wisdom.  maybe even suggestions on how we can diminish "unfounded" fears of fellow scoopers and MU fans getting out and about
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 12:22:02 PM »
maybe even suggestions on how we can diminish "unfounded" fears of fellow scoopers and MU fans getting out and about

1. Check to make sure your dentist didn't graduate from Marquette.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2024, 12:26:51 PM »
🔥
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2024, 12:26:58 PM »
1. Check to make sure your dentist didn't graduate from Marquette.
I did that last week. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 12:37:36 PM »

me? it was one of your buds that put this thing out there-you should be helping him out here with all you profound wit and wisdom.  maybe even suggestions on how we can diminish "unfounded" fears of fellow scoopers and MU fans getting out and about

You posted this 49 minutes after 4ever answered a question about how to buy parking with a post about 700 break-ins in the Fiserv parking structure.

The call is coming from inside the house. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 12:47:22 PM »

From the little I know about Lens (basically nothing), I figure I don't need to tell them that they simply do not need to be afraid of minorities. A healthy paranoia of their healthcare providers now, that may be good advice now more than ever!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2024, 01:36:08 PM »
You posted this 49 minutes after 4ever answered a question about how to buy parking with a post about 700 break-ins in the Fiserv parking structure.

The call is coming from inside the house.

LOL

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2024, 01:40:42 PM »
From the little I know about Lens (basically nothing), I figure I don't need to tell them that they simply do not need to be afraid of minorities. A healthy paranoia of their healthcare providers now, that may be good advice now more than ever!

All teeth matter

feedback