[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: name-image-likeness  (Read 1610 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: name-image-likeness
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2024, 11:48:42 AM »
Pot, meet kettle.

When I made that post I said to myself "I give real 15 minutes to come defend his boy."

When I saw you do it in ten, I smiled.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2024, 11:49:50 AM »
When I made that post I said to myself "I give real 15 minutes to come defend his boy."

When I saw you do it in ten, I smiled.

Rent free.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2024, 11:59:17 AM »
Rent free.

LOL...says the dude who took ten minuts.

But sure. If that makes you feel better about yourself, go feel that way. But deep down, you know the truth.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2024, 12:01:18 PM »
LOL...says the dude who took ten minuts.

But sure. If that makes you feel better about yourself, go feel that way. But deep down, you know the truth.

Awesome!

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2024, 12:03:16 PM »
Because the NCAA needs to try to make some semblance of an attempt to keep their non-profit status in their valiant attempt to support their charter of supporting and supporting "amateur" sports?  The organization is a cartel and a scam.  Blow them up.
Love or hate the NCAA, I don't care, but you need to do some independent research into exactly what the NCAA is. I'd agree that the NCAA is a form of cartel and I don't think any of the members would deny it just like none of the OPEC members would deny it is a cartel.

I don't know how it can be labeled as a "scam". Certainly the members who created and control it know what is going on. The student-athletes know what the rules are upfront. The NCAA is no more a scam than the IRS is a scam.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 12:09:50 PM by WhiteTrash »

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2024, 12:15:39 PM »
Yeah, blowing up the NCAA isn't really the solution. It's limiting the scope of their mission. But remember their mission only expanded because its members gave them that authority in the first place.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2024, 12:35:58 PM »
The NCAA will always be the judge, jury and executioner. That what it was formed to do (along with other responsibilities). That is like saying the Supreme Court should not be the final word in litigation.

Directing ire at the NCAA is fine but is essentially the same as getting mad at the army for going to war. The army doesn't make the decision they are just the "tool"; the NCAA is the same "tool" for the member schools.

with all due respect whitetrash-the supreme court doesn't go after the "alleged" violators.  i can imagine the ncaa looks for issues, then charges them and issues the penalty.  the supreme court takes cases and rules on them in accordance with our consitution...well most of them do anyway
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2024, 12:37:54 PM »
i can imagine the ncaa looks for issues, then charges them and issues the penalty. 

Yes, when the NCAA is made aware of potential violations, that is what they do. Because their members gave them that authority.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2024, 12:39:44 PM »
Yeah, blowing up the NCAA isn't really the solution. It's limiting the scope of their mission. But remember their mission only expanded because its members gave them that authority in the first place.
Agreed. I'd guess that 90%+ of what the NCAA does is good stuff. I'd say it has done way more to advance women's sports than any other organization (redirecting men's sports revenue to women's). Maybe I'm wrong, so please correct me. Blowing it up seems very short sighted.

I think the "NCAA sucks" stuff comes from ESPN and sports talk radio meatheads. 10 years ago I was anti-NCAA because I listened to those outlets. Then I educated myself and changed my tune. But I agree the schools can do better running the NCAA. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2024, 12:45:35 PM »
with all due respect whitetrash-the supreme court doesn't go after the "alleged" violators.  i can imagine the ncaa looks for issues, then charges them and issues the penalty.  the supreme court takes cases and rules on them in accordance with our consitution...well most of them do anyway
The point I was making is that the Supreme Court was created to be the final word in litigation and the NCAA was ,among many tasks, formed to regulate college sport under the rules the schools gave it. The NCAA has never done anything that the schools did not want it to do, including being judge, jury and executioner.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2024, 12:46:56 PM »
The NCAA is over burdened with compliance and eligibility regulations, and has become more bureaucratic as a result. And that means it makes a lot of decisions that are dictated by the black and white of the rules versus the grays of common sense.

But the organization does a really excellent job at conducting championships. And there has to be some sort of baseline for eligibility and compliance right? Some organization is going to need to do that work.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2024, 12:57:31 PM »
Nope, where is Israel even mentioned in my post?

Ah, so these phrases ...

I say never again, you say from the river to the sea.

... are about sports or fashion or crochet or whatever you're into now, but not at all about Israel? Cool, Dr. Disingenuous.

My point is...its now evident that regardless of whatever I say, you will default immediately to a contrarian position. In fact, this is not unique to yourself. Battle lines appear to have been drawn in the sand, that when crossed by a meat summit brother, it triggers a Pavlov dog counter reaction by the mope squad members en masse, aina?

See the following ...

Actually, MU82 has been saying the same thing to people who post about the “ruination of college athletics” for quite awhile.  This isn’t the first discussion of NIL, it isn’t the first time someone said “ruination of college athletics”, it isn’t the first time he answered the way he did.

Letting Blacks compete. Letting women compete. Title IX. Freshman eligibility. Non-seniors being eligible to be drafted by pro sports leagues. Giving athletes small stipends. The transfer portal. NIL.

Crusty, change-averse mopes have spent decades claiming those and other affronts would be the ruination of college athletics.

And again, if NIL has ruined college athletics for you, who is forcing you to keep following college athletics?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2024, 03:56:27 PM »
My point is regardless of what I post, you reflectively take a 180 degree position counter to my post, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2024, 03:58:21 PM »
My point is regardless of what I post, you reflectively take a 180 degree position counter to my post, aina?

Make better points, oona?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback