[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Official Packers and Bears Pissing Match  (Read 9869 times)

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: The Official Packers and Bears Pissing Match
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 12:24:46 AM »
Pack 12-4 10-6
Bears 9-7 10-6
Vikes 7-9
Lions 6-10 2-14

Updated. With the NFC East as deep as it is, the only playoff team from the North will be the division winner. I'm not ready to crown one right now.
-The Bears have looked good. Solid running game, strong D, Orton playing well and not making the killer mistake(s) that Grossman was making.
-The Packers haven't looked good lately, but they're too talented to just roll over. They'll need to hang in there until they get healthier (except of course for Cullen Jenkins).
-The Vikings should be 1-4, but the Saints just really didn't want to win that game on Monday.
-The Lions are just awful. I'd call them the worst team in the NFL, but I'm afraid doing so would be a great disservice to the Rams.

Losing Jenkins was an absolute killer. He had been the Pack's best pass rusher/defensive lineman over the first 4 weeks.

I continue to be impressed with Rodgers, who gutted it out on a bum shoulder this week, and will do so again at Seattle. The only time it clearly hindered him was on the throw he one-hopped to a wide-open (and I mean WIDE. OPEN. I had the perfect angle from my seat--pretty much in-line with Rodgers and Jennings on that play) Greg Jennings. The late INT was a mistake and a killer but it's hard to fault a guy who throws for 300+ and 3TDs.

How about stopping the run? Or preventing conversions on 3rd&8 and 3rd&9 during the same possession? Or committing fewer penalties? Aside from the Cowboys game, the Packers losses have been largely (though not entirely) the result of self-inflicted wounds.

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: The Official Packers and Bears Pissing Match
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 08:52:13 AM »
The schedule the rest of the way does the Packers no favors, and seems to do the Bears many favors. Packers schedule is brutal with only the Texans and Lions as gimmes. Having to go to both Jacksonville and Tennessee, while the Bears get both in Chicago is tough.

GB
@ Sea
Indy
@ Ten
@ Min
Chi
@ NO
Car
Hou
@ Jac
@ Chi
Det