Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024?  (Read 1063498 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 1/1/2024?
« Reply #5850 on: January 02, 2024, 02:39:03 PM »
Snoop

I am a big fan of you and your posts on scoop, but I stand with Muggsy. I wish there were more of Muggsy on scoop.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #5851 on: January 02, 2024, 03:03:46 PM »
Snoop

I am a big fan of you and your posts on scoop, but I stand with Muggsy. I wish there were more of Muggsy on scoop.

Co-sign

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #5852 on: January 02, 2024, 03:13:08 PM »
Lauren Walsh, who has us ranked 5th in AP is interesting.

She says she is from WSMV-TV in Winston-Salem, NC.

Last time I looked, WSMV-TV is the NBC affiliate in Nashville.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #5853 on: January 02, 2024, 03:43:34 PM »
Lauren Walsh, who has us ranked 5th in AP is interesting.

She says she is from WSMV-TV in Winston-Salem, NC.

Last time I looked, WSMV-TV is the NBC affiliate in Nashville.

Google search says she is at WSMV in Nashville.  Formerly at WXII in Winston.

Looks like her affiliate updated but not the city.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5854 on: January 02, 2024, 03:47:01 PM »
I never "childly revised" the Israel War thread.

I *think* we all know I'm the childish reviser.  And I'm not gonna ban snoop for his comment, but it was extra harsh.  He must have had some bad kombucha this morning. 

1SE

• All American
« Reply #5855 on: January 02, 2024, 04:30:46 PM »
Co-sign

Yep - if dude's worst qualities are that he's over enthusiastic about MUBB and he really like manatees I think I'd take him over many of the other unbanned posters on Scoop
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5856 on: January 02, 2024, 04:38:52 PM »
rocky

We might not agree often, but snoop belongs on scoop. He is a top level contributor to the site. That said, his post on his Muggsy was out of character. I'll say it again, we need more Muggsy on scoop. His love of the program of the program and manatees is breath of fresh of air on here.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #5857 on: January 02, 2024, 04:54:31 PM »
Snoop

I understand Goose. I have always enjoyed your post as well.

Having known a guy who was missing a large part of his skull after returning from Viet Nam decades ago and having a family member with PTSD from Viet Nam, I am not tolerant of people eager to send the American military to police the world. In the 1990's-early 2000's I hired war refugees who came to the U.S. under the Refugee Resettlement Program. A small sample of the atrocities I learned about included a father who saw his son executed right in front of him, an Iraqi with hideous facial scars from being thrown into a pit and seared with red hot irons for refusing to join Hussein's army, and a young woman still in her teens who was gang raped in Bosnia by soldiers. In Viet Nam, the bodies of American soldiers were sometimes found with their privates severed and shoved into their mouths. In Cambodia, children were forced to use a portable guillotine to decapitate other children who were deemed to be not working hard enough for the Pol Pot regime. If I recall, Muggsy thought we should have come to the rescue shortly after leaving Viet Nam.

I assure you that I am not a pacifist, but I find Muggsy's theories and promotion of American omnipresence well beyond reason. Obviously. it finally set me off.

I have just put Muggsy on ignore, which I admit I should have done a long time ago and will ignore all posts in which scoopers are replying to him. 

I look forward to reading your future posts and will be focused on bball rather than other matters. I appreciate your support.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #5858 on: January 02, 2024, 04:58:31 PM »
Yep - if dude's worst qualities are that he's over enthusiastic about MUBB and he really like manatees I think I'd take him over many of the other unbanned posters on Scoop

That's an excellent way to put it. Muggsy and I definitely don't see eye to eye on everything but his passion for MU (and manatees) is unquestionable.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5859 on: January 02, 2024, 05:12:26 PM »
Snoop

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It definitely puts things into perspective. Based off our of interactions, I know you are first class man. Fully understand your thoughts on Israel and your past experiences.

Will add, I am very certain that Muggsy is a good man and has strong opinions. For the record, I would stand with you if someone sent out a harsh post about you.

Now to MU, thoughts on the season to date?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5860 on: January 02, 2024, 05:19:41 PM »
I have no problem with Scoop Snoop whatsoever.  The only thing I will say is that I've never written anything about "American Omnipresence" other than joking about my wish for 8 or so countries controlling the world.  I will admit to being a bit hawkish, liking many animal species more than humans, and not having issues with hard power with regards to colossal fkbags when necessary. I totally understand if this upsets people and Scoop Snoop did not offend me in the slightest.  He's more than entitled to his opinion and I don't think he was unfair in his criticisms of me. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #5861 on: January 02, 2024, 05:54:56 PM »
Snoop

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts. It definitely puts things into perspective. Based off our of interactions, I know you are first class man. Fully understand your thoughts on Israel and your past experiences.

Will add, I am very certain that Muggsy is a good man and has strong opinions. For the record, I would stand with you if someone sent out a harsh post about you.

Now to MU, thoughts on the season to date?

First things first Goose. I agree with both of your comments here about Muggsy. His strong opinions do not make him a bad man. I just think he has unresolved issues. I gave you only a small sample of what I know about war atrocities, and they have left a deep impact on me and obviously they can trigger me.  ;D

Season to date? I have had some trouble staying positive and -not to flatter you- your solid optimism helps me to overcome some of my concerns. Our Maui success had me dreaming of a FF on Natty. Then...UW, the "loss" to St. Thomas (Rico cannot be wrong about that, can he?), and the ambush in Providence had me worried. If we actually learn from that (and I believe we will/have) I'm feeling much better about our year to date performance. Hell, UCONN got smoked by SH and had a scare with visiting St. Johns until late in the game. To answer your question, I'm feeling good about it.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5862 on: January 02, 2024, 06:21:41 PM »
Snoop

Fair points on the season. I noted after Maui that I felt like it was already March, and it was not even Thanksgiving after the Purdue game. No doubt some disappointing performances but being top ten all season is a great accomplishment. I also think the improvement on defense outweighs the decline on offense to me. I do not see them going backwards on defense and there is room to improve on offense.

As I sit here today, I am sticking with the goal that the players called out, winning a NC. They set the bar high and offered several great performances early and fan expectations rose quickly. I would be more surprised by early March exit then I would a FF appearance.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #5863 on: January 02, 2024, 07:30:57 PM »
Snoop

Fair points on the season. I noted after Maui that I felt like it was already March, and it was not even Thanksgiving after the Purdue game. No doubt some disappointing performances but being top ten all season is a great accomplishment. I also think the improvement on defense outweighs the decline on offense to me. I do not see them going backwards on defense and there is room to improve on offense.

As I sit here today, I am sticking with the goal that the players called out, winning a NC. They set the bar high and offered several great performances early and fan expectations rose quickly. I would be more surprised by early March exit then I would a FF appearance.

I have to confess that at 14-3 in the Creighton game, my faith was getting shaky. But then that defense in the second half....the ghost of Al was at Fiserv. Wow! I loved it. Just one question- how do we get Shaka helping out on D without getting caught and T'd up?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5864 on: January 02, 2024, 07:36:28 PM »
Snoop

Keep the faith. As for Shaka, he will get a T if he pulls that move again.

romey

• All American
« Reply #5865 on: January 02, 2024, 08:08:39 PM »
Snoop

Keep the faith. As for Shaka, he will get a T if he pulls that move again.

Agreed. With all the attention in the national headlines, he will be monitored.

CountryRoads

• All American

goldeneagle91114

• All American
Re: So....What are we ranked on Monday - 1/8/2024?
« Reply #5867 on: January 08, 2024, 12:09:59 PM »

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-basketball-poll

No one can complain about pollsters the rest of the year. I'm shocked a 4 loss team isn't outside the top 15

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #5868 on: January 08, 2024, 12:12:51 PM »
No one can complain about pollsters the rest of the year. I'm shocked a 4 loss team isn't outside the top 15

All four losses are Q1 and away from home. We have a win over #2 on a neutral court. We have the BEST road win in the country according to Kenpom (#7 Illinois, none of the top 6 have lost at home).

11 is fair. But I completely agree nobody should complain about the voters when it comes to MU.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5869 on: January 08, 2024, 12:17:10 PM »

We've gotten a lot of respect from AP and coaches voters all year.

There can always be a quibble - like, how are we ranked lower than an Illinois team we beat at their place? - but pretty minor.

Being ranked #11 is more than fair.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5870 on: January 08, 2024, 12:30:44 PM »

There can always be a quibble - like, how are we ranked lower than an Illinois team we beat at their place? - but pretty minor.

Honestly thought we'd fall to the upper teens, but a lot of teams lost this week.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5871 on: January 08, 2024, 12:47:16 PM »
In other ranking news ...

Creighton's back in the top 25, Providence is back out. Texas is barely hanging on. Auburn, which lost earlier this season to App State, is playing well lately and moved up 9 spots to #16. Madison moved up 6 spots to #15. BYU, which was starting to get mentioned as "long shot Final Four contenders," got crunched at home by Cinci and fell 6 spots to #18.

Fraud 1 (James Madison) is out. Fraud 2 (Florida Atlantic) dropped 7 spots to #24 - just one more Q4 loss away from falling into ORV territory.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #5872 on: January 08, 2024, 12:49:42 PM »

Agree Ranked #11 in AP Poll is fair. Marquette is ranked #12 in USA Today Coaches Poll

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #5873 on: January 09, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »
The rankings that matter

Latest Odds to win the National Championship, per @BetMGM:

Purdue +800
Arizona +1100
Houston +1100
Kansas +1400
UConn +1500
Marquette +1800
Kentucky +2000
Duke +2000
Tennessee +2000
Michigan St +2000
UNC +2500
Creighton +2500
Baylor +2500
Auburn +3500
Alabama +3500
FAU +3500
Memphis +4000
VIOLENCE!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5874 on: January 09, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »
The rankings that matter

Latest Odds to win the National Championship, per @BetMGM:

Purdue +800
Arizona +1100
Houston +1100
Kansas +1400
UConn +1500
Marquette +1800
Kentucky +2000
Duke +2000
Tennessee +2000
Michigan St +2000
UNC +2500
Creighton +2500
Baylor +2500
Auburn +3500
Alabama +3500
FAU +3500
Memphis +4000

Not rankings, and don't matter one bit unless you have money on someone on the list.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter