Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where’s howard  (Read 18982 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Where’s howard
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:19 PM »
Pix?

my arm candy, ok, but go easy on me.                 
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »
my arm candy, ok, but go easy on me.               

What the f**k is wrong with you, you coward? This speaks to your character and courage, or rather your absolute lack of either.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
So let me get this straight. Ike waited until Markus was taking a piss to take a team photo while they were in the weight room and now Markus is on an airplane heading back home to Arizona in the middle of the school year? Yikes, the tension must be real. I thought Howard took his studies seriously.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
Rocket's post has been reported multiple times now. 

Can't speak for all the mods, but sometimes I think removing posts are doing the author a favor, and instead leave posts up as monuments, remembered, unsanitized.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
Hopin' RS never gets caught jaywalkin'. Mite bee subject ta a public castration, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2018, 10:09:07 PM »
Hopin' RS never gets caught jaywalkin'. Mite bee subject ta a public castration, hey?

Still waiting on pictures. If you wouldn't want it happening to the women you care about, why would you think its not a big deal when it happens to women that other people care about?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2018, 10:13:17 PM »
All this PC stuff is way over the top. Y'all need to lighten up. This is a chat board and the truth is some folks are better looking than others, so what?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:15:12 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »
All this PC stuff is way over the top. Y'all need to lighten up. This is a chat board and the truth is some folks are better looking than others, so what?
I don't think PC means what you think it means

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2018, 10:39:20 PM »
Lotta crybaby pansies in dis whirled, @1na
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2018, 10:45:51 PM »

Especially guys who are always whining that others should be banned.
They're the worst.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »
Wanna say, "not funny"? Fine. Wanna say, "Poor taste"? Fine.

Wanna go ballistic, hurl "F" bombs and call a guy a coward for not posting pictures of his Grandma, Mom, aunts, wife, daughters and granddaughters (just so you can mock him/them)? Not so fine. Over the top, in fact..

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 12:10:19 AM »
What a sh*t show this thread became.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2018, 02:43:04 AM »
Wanna say, "not funny"? Fine. Wanna say, "Poor taste"? Fine.

Wanna go ballistic, hurl "F" bombs and call a guy a coward for not posting pictures of his Grandma, Mom, aunts, wife, daughters and granddaughters (just so you can mock him/them)? Not so fine. Over the top, in fact..

No, he's a coward for not having the sack to admit what a POS move that was, for not deleting it, and for doubling down on his mockery of this person by posting another misogynistic picture.

I don't think posting pics of his own family is some kind of justice, I think not being a dick to some stranger who has who knows what attachment to Markus or the program he claims to be a fan of is just common goddamn decency.

The pic was never necessary, the comments were certainly uncalled for, and instead of deleting and offering a simple mea culpa, rocket acts like he's the one being attacked then wimps out when called out. Have the simple human decency and integrity to admit when you're wrong. That is certainly not too much to ask.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2018, 06:50:02 AM »
This off season is off to a much more wacky and strange start than last summer did. Gees. We need the season to start ASAP.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2018, 07:00:38 AM »
Correct...and the truth is some folks have class and don't rip on people who never asked to have their pic put up on a public site...and others do and/or defend it.  Pretty easy for me to pick a side on that one.  This "chat board" has nothing to do with the woman pictured.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »
Posting a pic of an unknowing woman on the net and commenting on her looks is ok.  Posting a crystal ball prediction...AWFUL thing to do. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2018, 07:30:17 AM »
Not sure what you guys expect from rocket; I mean the dude thinks Larry Nasser and Sandusky jones are funny
No Finish Line

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
Rocket, you’ve got no one to blame but you on this one. Be a man and own it.

i totally totally totally underestimated the response i would get from my initial post...duh, cuz obviously if i knew, i never would have posted it, right?  i did not post it with any malicious intent, but if the person in the pic behind marcus somehow visits scoop and sees this-i'm sorry for that as well.  if i knew how to delete the post, i would.  for those of you who want to tar and feather me along with my family, well those are your own issues.  if it would make you feel better, how revealing that would be.

look, most of you here know me straight out as a decent guy. i'm a free thinker who tends to stretch the boundaries of decency at times-yes.  it is who i am.  i would never, in real life base my interactions with someone on whether or not they passed some sort of vanity guideline either.  my attempt at some levity here fell flat and i'm sorry for the "outrage" that followed

as many of you here on scoop who know me,  i'm a "content of ones character" guy and i would help out anyone regardless of their physical appearances.  but here, as i quickly found out,  i fell far short of that under my own estimations.   it is a funny world, one where we build and lose social capital so quickly.  the manner in which it occurs, i think is revealing. 
     not sure if this is what some here are looking for or if it will suffice as there will always be those who will bang away at others because they can.  we can only control what we can control; realize the difference

as i said, if i knew how to delete the post-it would have been gone.  my cowardice aside, i apologize for crossing most of your boundaries of decency.   maybe a  self-impose a ban on the rocket for awhile would be healthy for all of us.  ya'll behave yourselves now...hear 
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »
Click "modify" in the top right corner of the post.

After that, the backspace key is your friend.  You have to leave something, though, which is how "NM" got its illustrious start.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2018, 08:21:52 AM »
i totally totally totally underestimated the response i would get from my initial post...duh, cuz obviously if i knew, i never would have posted it, right?  i did not post it with any malicious intent, but if the person in the pic behind marcus somehow visits scoop and sees this-i'm sorry for that as well.  if i knew how to delete the post, i would.  for those of you who want to tar and feather me along with my family, well those are your own issues.  if it would make you feel better, how revealing that would be.

look, most of you here know me straight out as a decent guy. i'm a free thinker who tends to stretch the boundaries of decency at times-yes.  it is who i am.  i would never, in real life base my interactions with someone on whether or not they passed some sort of vanity guideline either.  my attempt at some levity here fell flat and i'm sorry for the "outrage" that followed

as many of you here on scoop who know me,  i'm a "content of ones character" guy and i would help out anyone regardless of their physical appearances.  but here, as i quickly found out,  i fell far short of that under my own estimations.   it is a funny world, one where we build and lose social capital so quickly.  the manner in which it occurs, i think is revealing. 
     not sure if this is what some here are looking for or if it will suffice as there will always be those who will bang away at others because they can.  we can only control what we can control; realize the difference

as i said, if i knew how to delete the post-it would have been gone.  my cowardice aside, i apologize for crossing most of your boundaries of decency.   maybe a  self-impose a ban on the rocket for awhile would be healthy for all of us.  ya'll behave yourselves now...hear

Sincerely, thank you for that. Sorry if I was a bit over the top as well, but I think this was necessary. Respect for this post.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 08:43:56 AM »
Legit question:

How do Michelle Wolf's comments last night, on a national stage, sit with fellow Scoopers?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 08:55:37 AM »
Legit question:

How do Michelle Wolf's comments last night, on a national stage, sit with fellow Scoopers?

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »
Legit question:

If you can't tell the difference between the WHCD, which is essentially an annual roast that public figures voluntarily attend, and calling out a random stranger on a public forum, then frankly I'm not sure I can help you. The two things are completely unrelated.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
#reddit

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »

You missed the point. No one here actually wants anyone to post pictures of their loved ones to be mocked. If someone was bold enough to actually do it, I would hope that everyone here would have enough character to not make disparaging comments about their fellow scoopers loved ones. If anyone did, I would be the first to call them out.

The point was that if its not something you would want happening to people you care about, why would you think its okay to do to someone else? One of the most basic rules of morality, treat others as you would treat yourself.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.