[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pitino vs. Louisville.... who wins?  (Read 1604 times)

tower912

• All American
Pitino vs. Louisville.... who wins?
« on: December 15, 2017, 09:12:14 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/official-rick-pitino-louisville-going-war-202117001.html

Wow.   A bigger dumpster fire than Tennessee?   (and quit picking on dumpster fires)     Seriously, though, when all of this is said and done, who comes out on top?     And what else gets destroyed as collateral damage?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Pitino vs. Louisville.... who wins?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
As much as it pains me to say it, I think Pitino wins.  Although I seriously doubt it will make it to the jury.  It'll ultimately settle.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:49:25 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/official-rick-pitino-louisville-going-war-202117001.html

Wow.   A bigger dumpster fire than Tennessee?   (and quit picking on dumpster fires)     Seriously, though, when all of this is said and done, who comes out on top?     And what else gets destroyed as collateral damage?

Going back to Sultan’s thread re: the ACC’s buyers remorse with Cuse and Pitt, I think it’s entirely possible that Louisville may be their biggest regret in 5-10 years.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:49:36 AM »
I think Pitino ends up getting the settlement check at the end of the day, not because he deserves it as a matter of law or morality, but because he has less to lose from an ugly trial than the university.  Pitino's reputation is already shot, so he can afforded to air whatever dirty laundry he wants; presumably the University would like this all to just go away and be forgotten. 
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
I think Pitino ends up getting the settlement check at the end of the day, not because he deserves it as a matter of law or morality, but because he has less to lose from an ugly trial than the university.  Pitino's reputation is already shot, so he can afforded to air whatever dirty laundry he wants; presumably the University would like this all to just go away and be forgotten.

Financially, I think Pitino wins either way - settlement or trial.

But as low as his reputation is now, it is in the atmosphere compared to where it will be after a trial.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
Everyone else.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:31:42 PM »
I think we need to see how the FBI case plays out. UL had two other major reasons for dismissal before this third. His HR paper trail doesn't make for a strong case for Quick Rick.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 10:36:12 PM »
Collegiate Athletics loses.  Pitino is trying the Lance Armstrong defense... and I believe it will crack sooner or later.  It'll never happen, but I'd like to see a few of these coaches and shoe company guys do some jail time for their crimes. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 09:06:03 AM »
I think we need to see how the FBI case plays out. UL had two other major reasons for dismissal before this third. His HR paper trail doesn't make for a strong case for Quick Rick.

I would agree...except that the FBI typically moves slowly in these investigations.  My guess is that UL will want to settle and try to move on before waiting to see what the FBI does. 

I say Rick wins vs UL...but the FBI might ultimately win vs Rick.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »
Settles. Approx $10M to Rick
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »
And a 7ft. private table at Porcini’s, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 07:02:19 PM »
The most fascinating part of the Bleacher Report story was the concerted effort by Pitino and their AD to prevent the NBA from coming into Louisville.  There has been much discussion if a NBA team helps or hurts a college program, but in their eyes they wanted no part of the NBA.  They signed a sweetheart deal to benefit the program and keep all of Louisville focused on their program, not a NBA franchise.

Here is the link to the story.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749328-rick-pitino-reportedly-blocked-hornets-potential-move-to-louisville
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 09:05:27 PM »
The most fascinating part of the Bleacher Report story was the concerted effort by Pitino and their AD to prevent the NBA from coming into Louisville.  There has been much discussion if a NBA team helps or hurts a college program, but in their eyes they wanted no part of the NBA.  They signed a sweetheart deal to benefit the program and keep all of Louisville focused on their program, not a NBA franchise.

Here is the link to the story.  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749328-rick-pitino-reportedly-blocked-hornets-potential-move-to-louisville

Interesting. 

I suspect that programs with enough fans and $$$ don't need NBA "benefits" like a nice arena, access to NBA games, etc to recruit at the highest level.  UL fits that mold, as would schools like UK, UNC, Duke and 'Cuse.

For MU, there is no way we'd have an arena as good as we have if we were the only game in town....