collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Elonsmusk
[Today at 08:19:42 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT: If there was any doubt DWade was going to leave Miami...  (Read 7722 times)

ecompt

• All American
OT: If there was any doubt DWade was going to leave Miami...
« on: August 25, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »
I think it was erased with the news that head case Michael Beasley has entered a rehab center. No way Dwyane re-ups in Miami.

lab_warrior

• All American
Re: OT: If there was any doubt DWade was going to leave Miami...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »
Well, that and the Bulls clearing a ton of cap room by not signing Ben Gordon and probably letting some others go when their contracts expire in 2010. 

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
Was thinking the same thing.  Hard to figure out what will transpire with a young man like Mr. Beasley.....but, DWade is going to look great running alongside DRose in Chicago.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:13:24 AM by Wade for President »

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 11:07:56 AM »
Was thinking the same thing.  Hard to transpire with a young man like Mr. Beasley.....but, DWade is going to look great running alongside DRose in Chicago.

It'd be sick...and I have those same Jordans he's rockin'.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 12:23:45 PM »
In a very good article yesterday in Sports Business Weekly about the upcoming labor deals (all 4 major sports league deals come up in 2011, first time that has ever happened), there was strong consideration by David Falk that Wade and others would make MORE money if they stayed with their current teams.  The reason is that the cap is going down the next few years and could go way down with the new deals because of the economics are so bad right now.  He said their is a strong argument to be made that these guys should sign with their current teams (LeBron, Dwyane, Bosch) long term if they want more money

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »
I believe wade can make the most money in Miami because the way flordia taxes peoples salary.  Miami can offer him 1 or 2 million more than any other team, but he may also make more money by switching teams with the amount of jersey sales.

Just look at jay Cutler. He has the most jersey sales in the NFL because he moved to chicago

WADE TO CHICAGO 2010. 
Da Bulls

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:35:18 PM »
I believe wade can make the most money in Miami because the way flordia taxes peoples salary.  Miami can offer him 1 or 2 million more than any other team, but he may also make more money by switching teams with the amount of jersey sales.

Just look at jay Cutler. He has the most jersey sales in the NFL because he moved to chicago

WADE TO CHICAGO 2010. 

Yes, but if I recall correctly, the jersey sales and other memorabilia are pooled together as an aggregate.  In other words, if Kobe sells the most jerseys he isn't getting the most money from those jersey sales, it goes into the collective pool and disbursed to all players.  That's how it used to be with some of the leagues and their deals with Reebok, etc.  That may not be the case any longer....not sure.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »
hmmm... if that is the case. 
It will be interesting to see if Dwayne Wade chooses winning over money.
I think he made it clear he wants to win, but money is always a factor.

Da Bulls

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 01:38:25 PM »
When it's all said and done, money is the only factor, as it should be.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 01:48:46 PM »
Plus any team coached by Vinnie Del Negro can only go so far.

{Juggernaut}

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 01:51:25 PM »
To the SuperBowl....YeeeHawwww
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:53:13 PM by muhannan »
Da Bulls

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »
In a very good article yesterday in Sports Business Weekly about the upcoming labor deals (all 4 major sports league deals come up in 2011, first time that has ever happened), there was strong consideration by David Falk that Wade and others would make MORE money if they stayed with their current teams.  The reason is that the cap is going down the next few years and could go way down with the new deals because of the economics are so bad right now.  He said their is a strong argument to be made that these guys should sign with their current teams (LeBron, Dwyane, Bosch) long term if they want more money

really a foolish statement but one only needs to consider the source.  anyone that thinks the economy will still be in recession in 2011 is an absolute fool. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 03:03:46 PM »
really a foolish statement but one only needs to consider the source.  anyone that thinks the economy will still be in recession in 2011 is an absolute fool. 

Hey dummkopf, salary caps are always based on the year prior.  So we might* be out of a recession by 2011, but the cap # will be based off the 2010 season.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
Hey dummkopf, salary caps are always based on the year prior.  So we might* be out of a recession by 2011, but the cap # will be based off the 2010 season.

Don't try to talk sense into Hayward, he's all learned up on this stuff.  He's done some solid learning you know.   ;D

Apparently Hayward didn't take Econ 43, 44 or 110 at MU either where he would have clearly learned that some recessions last several years, some a decade (the great Depression which this current one is compared to more often than others). 

Since I'm all about sharing with Hayward, here is a list of a few recessions in the last century in the USA that have gone multiple years, I suppose all those economists were just absolute fools.  Let's also not forget when a recession "ends" doesn't mean the economy is humming along immediately, quite the contrary.  In many cases you can be out of the recession but only growing 1% a year at a snail's pace, but technically out of a recession.  What did you major in Hayward, it certainly wasn't English or spelling.  My guess is business zoomed by you as well.  Were you in the nursing school?

And when an agent is saying these types of things about signing now rather than waiting, well that says a lot.  The agents want the $$$$ and that's what it's all about.

Recessions in US History

Nov 1973 -  Mar 1975
Dec 2007 - current
July 1981 - Nov 1982
Sep 1902 - Aug 1904
Jan 1910 - Jan 1912
Jan 1920 - July 1921

There were many others in the last 100 years, but they typically lasted 8 to 12 months.  Perhaps that's what you were thinking Hayward, those 'mild' recessions.  I'm not sure anyone categorizes the current situation as a mild recession.  Worse yet, some leading economists (Roubini included) are predicting a double dip recession is very possible. 

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/90227fdc-900d-11de-bc59-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:38:56 PM »
Keeping it back on target, he's what the article says about the free agent class of 2010....Hayward, I'll let David Falk know that you think he's an absolute fool.   ;D

David Falk, the most powerful basketball agent in the 1990's, who now runs a small boutique firm, said the "hysteria" over the 2010 NBA free agent class is overblown.  After it is over; Falk says, "People will look back and say, "what was the big deal?"

Under the CBA, NBA players can make more money STAYING (emphasis added) with their old team, Falk noted, adding that if the salary cap goes down in 2010, it may behoove players to make deals before that happens.  "I think the economics will dictate that most free agents stay with their old teams". 

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:42:13 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:22 PM »
Don't try to talk sense into Hayward, he's all learned up on this stuff.  He's done some solid learning you know.   ;D

Apparently Hayward didn't take Econ 43, 44 or 110 at MU either where he would have clearly learned that some recessions last several years, some a decade (the great Depression which this current one is compared to more often than others). 

Since I'm all about sharing with Hayward, here is a list of a few recessions in the last century in the USA that have gone multiple years, I suppose all those economists were just absolute fools.  Let's also not forget when a recession "ends" doesn't mean the economy is humming along immediately, quite the contrary.  In many cases you can be out of the recession but only growing 1% a year at a snail's pace, but technically out of a recession.  What did you major in Hayward, it certainly wasn't English or spelling.  My guess is business zoomed by you as well.  Were you in the nursing school?

And when an agent is saying these types of things about signing now rather than waiting, well that says a lot.  The agents want the $$$$ and that's what it's all about.

Recessions in US History

Nov 1973 -  Mar 1975
Dec 2007 - current
July 1981 - Nov 1982
Sep 1902 - Aug 1904
Jan 1910 - Jan 1912
Jan 1920 - July 1921

There were many others in the last 100 years, but they typically lasted 8 to 12 months.  Perhaps that's what you were thinking Hayward, those 'mild' recessions.  I'm not sure anyone categorizes the current situation as a mild recession.  Worse yet, some leading economists (Roubini included) are predicting a double dip recession is very possible. 

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/90227fdc-900d-11de-bc59-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

I guess business school at the U of chicago disqualifies me.  and how many of those recesions that you listed lasted 3 years as you are insinuating will happen?  I dont seem to find one that lasted more than 18 months or so in the last 60 years. stick with tv chump. the current dip with have no effect on the collective bargaining in 2011, stick with name dropping and your Crean love.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
2014 for job recovery announced today.  That's what I was talking about, this thing is a LONG way from getting better.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32694985/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
2014 for job recovery announced today.  That's what I was talking about, this thing is a LONG way from getting better.

thank you for making this recent civil engineering grad who is still jobless feel better.  :'(

Anyone hiring??

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »
thank you for making this recent civil engineering grad who is still jobless feel better.  :'(

Anyone hiring??

Start looking at construction companies. There are plenty looking to add a Civil in these times. Consulting jobs are very short unless you have an in.

The I-94 North-South Freeway project has developed a lot of opportunities for CEs

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

Anyone hiring??

Sorry dude...this is a world wide recession and when people are jumping up and down saying it's over (like I saw on news the other day) I have to wonder what world they are living in.  Keep plugging away, I know it sucks out there right now but keep after it.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »

I have to agree with Chicos on this one.

When the numbers indicate that this rivals the Great Depression in some ways, one cannot expect a quick recovery. Saying it's over is hogwash, IMHO. The people will know "when it's over" when they start spending...which will let the experts know that "it's over." But it doesn't feel like it yet...

With that said, the only people who are able to land jobs are the ultra-talented and those who are always putting themselves out there. Don't feel like you're desperate (though you may feel that way now); you are focused on getting a job! Good luck and...to stay on topic...

DWade will leave Miami because Chi-town is where his heart's at...
SS Marquette

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
when people are jumping up and down saying it's over (like I saw on news the other day) I have to wonder what world they are living in. 

The worst of it that I've seen are a couple blogs I have RSS'ed on Google Reader from the WSJ that are almost orgasmic every time any economic news is released whatsoever ... they have a compendium of stock / mutual fund brokers' quotes/responses who are desperate to make pooh smell like a rose so people will buy stocks etc. I've never seen so much enthusiasm in my life for a summer of quarter million job losses each month.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »
A couple things...

Stocks are leading indicators.  People buy stocks on the hopes that they rise in the future.  Increases in stock prices indicate optimism, but that's about it.

By definition, we are still in recession.  GDP decreased by 1.0% in the second quarter.  This is the third quarter we have seen a decrease.  If we have one more quarter of decreases, we are technically in a depression, but my guess is that it will increase this quarter.

Unemployment is a trailing indicator.  It is generally the last thing that turns around.  But we are nowhere near Great Depression figures when unemployment was 20%+.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
A couple things...

Stocks are leading indicators.  People buy stocks on the hopes that they rise in the future.  Increases in stock prices indicate optimism, but that's about it.

By definition, we are still in recession.  GDP decreased by 1.0% in the second quarter.  This is the third quarter we have seen a decrease.  If we have one more quarter of decreases, we are technically in a depression, but my guess is that it will increase this quarter.

Unemployment is a trailing indicator.  It is generally the last thing that turns around.  But we are nowhere near Great Depression figures when unemployment was 20%+.

Agreed on the indicators, but the big unknown is how in the hell we are going to pay for all this which could lead to a double dip recession.  I see very slow growth ahead and jobs not bouncing back for some time.  The check is coming due soon and people don't have the money pay for it.  Those that do, will pay for it cut back on other expenses which just leads us back to where we are in the first place....poor consumer spending and confidence.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 12:48:05 AM »
Let's cut out the baby boomers altogether!

They're the ones with the most disposable wealth anyways!
SS Marquette