[Today at 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[Today at 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fans at the game  (Read 2375 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
Fans at the game
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
#1 Truly a great atmosphere on Saturday, nice work to everyone who was there and made it such a homecourt advantage.

#2 Boo to the fans who were telling me and several others to sit down with 1.5 mins to go in the last home game of the year against arguably our biggest rival.  Get over it and stand for the next 5 mins, it won't kill you.

klyrish

• All American
Re: Fans at the game
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
I really hope you kept standing.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:39 AM »
And I have to applaud Buzz for getting that timeout with 2 seconds left so Junior and Trent could get appropriate ovations.  When I watched the replay on TV you could see that he courteously looked over at Mike Brey for his blessing. 

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
And I have to applaud Buzz for getting that timeout with 2 seconds left so Junior and Trent could get appropriate ovations.  When I watched the replay on TV you could see that he courteously looked over at Mike Brey for his blessing. 

Agreed, I was hoping Buzz would do that, and it was a well deserved ovation for both of them, even staggered sending the subs in so each got their own ovation.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »
Actually I believe it was an intentional travel by Junior to stop the clock.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:59:03 AM »
Actually I believe it was an intentional travel by Junior to stop the clock.

According to statsheet, it was a 20 second MU time out.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »
Speaking of fans, as I was walking out of the game I saw a group of friends (looked like 1/2 MU fans, 1/2 ND fans) meet up near the exit and give each other some good-natured ribbing.  One of the ND guys was dressed in a full Leprechaun outfit and said something like "The only thing worse than losing is having to walk around dressed like this the rest of the day."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:31 AM »

I noticed his gesture to Brey, too. The post-game handshake included a quick chat. Buzz is gracious in both victory and defeat. One need only to consider how he has repaired relations with Coach Ryan to understand his decency. Refreshing.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
"The only thing worse than losing is having to walk around dressed like this the rest of the day."

The only thing worse was waking up and thinking that dressing up as a leprechaun was a good idea.

Death on call

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »

Buzz and Brey have been friends for a long time and are fairly close. Very few coaches would take exception to what Buzz did there, but it was great to see him talking/gesturing to Brey prior to doing it.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »
I had a good opportunity after the game to make a comment to Zach Auguste as he walked out of the ND locker room.  As he walked by I said "hey Zach, you should have come to Marquette."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »
I had a good opportunity after the game to make a comment to Zach Auguste as he walked out of the ND locker room.  As he walked by I said "hey Zach, you should have come to Marquette."

He appeared to exchange a smile and some quick words with Buzz when going through the handshake line. Buzz probably asked him what it felt like to lose at the Bradley Center.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
According to statsheet, it was a 20 second MU time out.

Got it.  I was at the game and saw JWill pass it up to JR with a few seconds left and JR just started to walk holding the ball.  I heard the whistle and clock stop.  I knew what JR was doing, but it was loud at that time.  Buzz got the TO and approval from Brey prior.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »
He appeared to exchange a smile and some quick words with Buzz when going through the handshake line. Buzz probably asked him what it felt like to lose at the Bradley Center.

Yeah, he gave me a big smile too, put his earphones on an walked toward the tunnel, still smiling.