collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hong Kong  (Read 24844 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Hong Kong
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »
I’m trying to take a calmer, more reasoned approach at discussions here.  May I ask the same of you and others?  Merely an ask.

lmao.  I'm glad you're saying so here, but maybe starting with the dimwit that started the name calling game would at least give the appearance of you being genuine.

Pray for me, Cheeks.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
Cheeks

Hards has been a jag off for quite some time. Not worth even discussing with him. He is an expert on all topics, similar to his buddies.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »
Cheeks

Hards has been a jag off for quite some time. Not worth even discussing with him. He is an expert on all topics, similar to his buddies.

In my first post here, I specifically said I was not an expert.  Just saying you guys aren't experts either has gotten all of your panties in a bunch.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2019, 07:42:44 PM »
As opposed to your nonsensical half-formed sentences and weak attempts at name calling.  I'm not surprised you latch on to the old guys around here, being an old fart, yourself.

Clearly, you're not rocket surgeon.

never claimed to be a rocket surgeon, it's a make pretend name...you get that right?  so what is a "hards_alumni"?  if it's not, nsfw

btw, your bigotry(ageism)on full display is shameful and that's putting it kindly.  substitute any other group in there and this whole board would be erupting and very rightfully so.  your youth and inexperience are on full display
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2019, 07:46:11 PM »
Hards

Take the time to read posts and not just who posted them. No crap that you are not an expert, no need to mention it again.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »
Rocket

It is not youth on full display, it is a fxxkin idiot on full display.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2019, 07:49:18 PM »
Lenny
Spot on. As you have a good understanding of my family and it’s history in Asia, I could not agree with you more. The education I have gained over thirty plus years in the region is something I am very proud of.
While I was a very poor student in school, I embraced the knowledge of both the locals in places that I have worked as well as the ex pats.
My family story means a lot to me because of the risks that we took to conduct business in Asia. I/we were not a big company or worked for one, but we rolled the dice very early on the importance that China would mean in global economy.
I can assure you that I am not an expert on China, but by hook or crook I have managed to run a company in HK and China for over 25 years. Nothing lasts forever and chasing new frontiers, but hopefully with a bit more knowledge than I had when we entered China.
My Dad had a lot of great gifts, but his ability to listen and learn remained a core belief in his life until he passed away at 90.
I really value posters like yourself that offer knowledge based off of your experiences in life. Wish there more Lenny’s in the world.

I agree you are deeply experienced in that region.

The thing is, there are people equally as experience (or more so), that will say the exact opposite of you. That "people being paid" is a Chinese propaganda talking point.

Without direct evidence of the protests being paid actors, such a stance is really a "conspiracy theory".

Not saying you are incorrect, but it is important to remember that it is a "well-informed" opinion, and can still be very wrong.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
never claimed to be a rocket surgeon, it's a make pretend name...you get that right?  so what is a "hards_alumni"?  if it's not, nsfw

btw, your bigotry(ageism)on full display is shameful and that's putting it kindly.  substitute any other group in there and this whole board would be erupting and very rightfully so.  your youth and inexperience are on full display

Oh, honey.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
Forgetful

I could be all wet, never said I was an expert. Simply stated my opinion.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2019, 07:51:29 PM »
Rocket

It is not youth on full display, it is a fxxkin idiot on full display.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2019, 07:52:40 PM »
Kant speek four da udder old farts, butt eye sport da commando look, hey?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:59:10 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2019, 07:56:40 PM »
lmao.  I'm glad you're saying so here, but maybe starting with the dimwit that started the name calling game would at least give the appearance of you being genuine.

Pray for me, Cheeks.
m

Someone recently said charity starts at home. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2019, 07:59:00 PM »
m

Was it someone in Hong Kong?  Because I know a couple of self proclaimed experts...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2019, 07:59:11 PM »
Why cannot some be paid that help to gin up folks?  Not especially hard to get the masses to do something by seeding a few folks to get it going.  I don’t know if that is the case, but both sides have been caught doing it here in the US at rallies, seems it would work elsewhere.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »
Forgetful

I could be all wet, never said I was an expert. Simply stated my opinion.

Understood. I hope you didn't take that as an attack, it was a more a general statement.

Also, I understand you never said you were an expert. My opinion is that your lengthy experiences there are consistent with someone whose opinion would be consistent with an "informed' or "expert" opinion.

My general statement was to highlight that "experts" often disagree.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2019, 08:03:19 PM »
Understood. I hope you didn't take that as an attack, it was a more a general statement.

Also, I understand you never said you were an expert. My opinion is that your lengthy experiences there are consistent with someone whose opinion would be consistent with an "informed' or "expert" opinion.

My general statement was to highlight that "experts" often disagree.

nothing wrong with hearing different viewpoints.  some just seem to get anxious when the dialog slants from "conventional wisdom"
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2019, 08:04:00 PM »
Forgetful

All good. I do not believe any person, especially a Westerner, could ever be in expert on any topic China related. My comments were based off opinions shared by several long term HK friends. Ironically, they are Hong Kongese and very anti China and have this belief. Crazy that the HK citizens and the China propaganda camp would have same feelings.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2019, 08:07:55 PM »
Hards

Take the time to read posts and not just who posted them. No crap that you are not an expert, no need to mention it again.

Joe

I spent years of my life bouncing around Asia and Europe as an expat investing the billions of dollars the GE machine generated for the Capital team. GE put us up in plush digs, gave us access to great clubs, paid for private schools, and gave us a couple trips home every year.

You, on the other hand, took an old line family-owned American industrial enterprise and pivoted it hard into something relevant to adjust to the new economic realities. Not only did you have the boldness of vision but the grit to reinvent the family business into a successful venture.

My path was easy; yours was fraught with risk and the downside of failure would have been catastrophic for you and your family. Years later, you can look back with pride that you saw an opportunity, took great personal risk, and through determination, vision, and effort built something your sons are now a part of.

I love the goobers who throw stones at a man who created value. They have no concept of what you accomplished.

I love the weak bellied tards of the world. Goddam but they bring a smile to my face. They are unworthy to lick your boots, Goose.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:47 PM »
nothing wrong with hearing different viewpoints.  some just seem to get anxious when the dialog slants from "conventional wisdom"

Yeah. Like when someone shares a NY Times article that is in direct contradiction with what Mr. Man himself claims to be the case goes all “I speak the damn language but wtf so I know?!” Lol! Because speaking a language makes you infallible on all things related to every country that speaks that language.

Some people are incapable of having discussions that don’t result in themselves screaming from the mountaintop about how great their accomplishments are. It’s what we call “real men.” Only the most secure men are able to do it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:51 PM »
m

Jams,

Trying to reason with a fool is, well, foolish

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
Joe

I spent years of my life bouncing around Asia and Europe as an expat investing the billions of dollars the GE machine generated for the Capital team. GE put us up in plush digs, gave us access to great clubs, paid for private schools, and gave us a couple trips home every year.

You, on the other hand, took an old line family-owned American industrial enterprise and pivoted it hard into something relevant to adjust to the new economic realities. Not only did you have the boldness of vision but the grit to reinvent the family business into a successful venture.

My path was easy; yours was fraught with risk and the downside of failure would have been catastrophic for you and your family. Years later, you can look back with pride that you saw an opportunity, took great personal risk, and through determination, vision, and effort built something your sons are now a part of.

I love the goobers who throw stones at a man who created value. They have no concept of what you accomplished.

I love the weak bellied tards of the world. Goddam but they bring a smile to my face. They are unworthy to lick your boots, Goose.

Damn right and that's the kind of stuff that made our country the leader of the free world that it is.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »
Kant speek four da udder old farts, butt eye sport da commando look, hey?

Doc,

I don't care about what you are wearing but I do so love a woman who understands the power of letting the wind caress the valley as it were...

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2019, 08:22:33 PM »
we know 99% of the board couldnt “lick the bottom of goooses boots” when all one cares about is the money theyve made. most of the board is 1/3 of ya’lls ages. give it some time. some people will get there and be worthy of the bank account worship that makes a man a man.

Doc,

I don't care about what you are wearing but I do so love a woman who understands the power of letting the wind caress the valley as it were...

nothing like a man who believes a woman should understand she should allow men to enjoy her physical looks and is nothing more than that. i love a good objectifying of women crash daddy.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2019, 08:25:33 PM »
Um, we're now cheering a company moving American jobs overseas?

Weird.

Or, is this one of those "I got mine" situations?

The Boomer generation is so fickle when it comes to economic disparity and matters of individual vs societal prosperity.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 08:29:28 PM by jesmu84 »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2019, 08:29:38 PM »
Crash

While our paths were different, I have always respected the expats that worked for multinationals and the guidance provided to me. First off, without the GE’s pathing the way, my journey may never have happened. Secondly, I have always appreciated learning from someone that took a different path than my path.
I appreciate your kind words, but as you know, I did not know any better. I put my head down and fought my ass off  to survive.
Have to admit, my oldest son is making first trip to Asia with me in a couple of weeks and can not wait to see what he can do. I have shed plenty of tears in Asia, but I cannot wait to shed some more when I pass the baton onto my son.

feedback