[Today at 08:09:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Considering our injury situation, what is an acceptable # of pre-conference losses?

Zero
2 (3.6%)
One
21 (37.5%)
Two
29 (51.8%)
Three
2 (3.6%)
Four
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Acceptable number of pre-conference losses  (Read 1744 times)

tower912

• All American
Acceptable number of pre-conference losses
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »
I say two.  (Badgers and Vols)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jce

Re: Acceptable number of pre-conference losses
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
I'll say two as well, but we should beat Wisconsin.  NC State on the road will be tough.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:55:47 PM »
I say one.  We should be able to beat the badgers and I think we can take either Tenn or NC state

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:51 PM »
We shoudl not lose at home to the badger with a Senior laden team, we shoudl not lose to NC State especially considering their losses and lack of veteran leadership, Tennessee maybe because of where its being played but they are a team that is a good candidate to self destruct.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »
I am not sure that playing the game in Nashville gives the Vols a sizeable advantage.  Not a great day for an out of town game, as I am sure many who wanted to go to the game are aware.

I would say 1 loss out of conference is likely, and could live with 2, but with the strength of the BE would pray its no more than that.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »
I am not sure that playing the game in Nashville gives the Vols a sizeable advantage.  Not a great day for an out of town game, as I am sure many who wanted to go to the game are aware.

I would say 1 loss out of conference is likely, and could live with 2, but with the strength of the BE would pray its no more than that.

While it certainly won't be the same atmosphere as a home game for the Vols, I'm 100% certain Nashville is populated with a considerably higher number of UT fans than MU fans.  Plus, the three hour drive from Knoxville is much easier for their students compared with the 9 hour drive for MU students.  If the home team usually has a 4-6 point advantage, UT has a 2-4 point advantage in this one.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 04:20:27 PM »
I am really nervous about the Tennessee game.  First off, they won the other night against UT-Chattanooga 114-75, a team predicted by many to finish second in the Southern Conference behind Davidson.  This was a legit game for them to be playing, UTC could very well make the NCAA tournament at the end of the year.  Second, they are a very long team.  They start only 1 player under 6'7".   They return NBA bound Tyler Smith, and a very good center in Wayne Chism.  They have Mcdonalds all American Scotty Hopson at the 2.  This Renaldo Woolridge who starts at the wing right now looks like an orangutan, the kid has a huge wingspan.  The player to watch out for though is Bobby Maze.  He has dominated games for them so far at the point.  Add in JP Prince off the bench, with Brian Williams, Cameron Tatum, Emmanuel Negedu, and Josh Tabb and you have a very deep team.  This is not a team that will self destruct.  This team can shoot, and are very athletic on defense.  The only reason that they didnt do as well last year as they would have liked was the lack of a true point guard, which has been fixed with the addition of Bobby Maze.  They are playing in the Old Spice classic over Thanksgiving so they will be ready for us.  Trust me, I am scared of this game.  With us lacking a true big man, this game could get out of hand if they play well.  I just dont see how we can compete with their length and athleticism.  Besides this game, we should have no problem with any of the rest of our OOC games.  I cant wait until we destroy UW!

Hopefully I am wrong....GO MARQUETTE!!!!!!!

feedback