[Today at 06:46:43 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I gotta vent somewhere....  (Read 3877 times)

GGGG

• All American
I gotta vent somewhere....
« on: August 19, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »
....might as well be here.

Dear Mothers of America:

Stop referring to your teenage children as "your babies."  (eg, a co-worker posting on Facebook today: "I'm so excited.  I get to pick up my babies from the airport today!")

They are by definition not "babies."  Nor do they ever want to be referred to as such.

Sincerely,

Me.

MU82

• All American
Re: I gotta vent somewhere....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »

Dear Mothers of America:

Stop referring to your teenage children as "your babies."  (eg, a co-worker posting on Facebook today: "I'm so excited.  I get to pick up my babies from the airport today!")

They are by definition not "babies."  Nor do they ever want to be referred to as such.

Sincerely,

Me.

Ohhh ... poor baby!

(Couldn't resist.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »

Dear Mothers of America:

Sincerely,

Me.

I'm going to have my babies read this disgusting comment.

I'll let you know if they are offended ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:21:54 PM »
Since as a male I cannot weigh in on women's rights (so I'm told by the left), then someone being able to tell a woman what she can and cannot call her children falls into the same category.  Male input not allowed.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »
Not nearly as distasteful as the people who use that term for their dog/cat/automobile/significant other.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:38:06 PM »
Not nearly as distasteful as the people who use that term for their dog/cat/automobile/significant other.

True....but it's damn close.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »
Since as a male I cannot weigh in on women's rights (so I'm told by the left), then someone being able to tell a woman what she can and cannot call her children falls into the same category.  Male input not allowed.

Really bringing in politics? Do you ever realize how annoying you can be? Like I'm honestly curious if you think of yourself as someone who consciously is bating people or if you wake up and think to yourself that you're a really easy going person?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 02:40:45 PM »
Really bringing in politics? Do you ever realize how annoying you can be? Like I'm honestly curious if you think of yourself as someone who consciously is bating people or if you wake up and think to yourself that you're a really easy going person?

I'm actually one of the most easy going people out there and friends, colleagues, acquaintances will tell you that until the cows come home. In my type of job, you have to be. 

I do love to expose hypocrisy, especially among those that claim they don't commit it.  Easy targets.  Use the "ignor" button. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »
Uh....who is being hypocritical? 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »

Dear Mothers of America:

Sincerely,

Me.

Mothers are the worst.

Spend more time talking on the phone while driving at wildly inconsistent speeds on the freeway in your Chevy Tahoe adorned with stupid stick figures on the back window as well as the ubiquitously nonsensical letter initials bumper sticker signifying some sort of misplaced existential importance of a town you once visited last summer.

brandx

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:17 PM »
Since as a male I cannot weigh in on women's rights (so I'm told by the left), then someone being able to tell a woman what she can and cannot call her children falls into the same category.  Male input not allowed.

There is medication for passive/aggresiveness.

brandx

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
Mothers are the worst.

Spend more time talking on the phone while driving at wildly inconsistent speeds on the freeway in your Chevy Tahoe adorned with stupid stick figures on the back window as well as the ubiquitously nonsensical letter initials bumper sticker signifying some sort of misplaced existential importance of a town you once visited last summer.

Another of my pet peeves.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 03:13:25 PM »
I am pretty sure that women have an extensive list of broad generalizations about men that tick them off.  I suggest we step away from the abyss before this becomes offensive. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 03:23:11 PM »
I am pretty sure that women have an extensive list of broad generalizations about men that tick them off.  I suggest we step away from the abyss before this becomes offensive. 

Good call.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:43 PM »
Good call.

It won't matter, but I thought I would try.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 03:31:17 PM »
Mothers are the worst.

+10000

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 03:32:42 PM »
Sultan, you getting a lot of Moms dropping their 18 year old "babies" off for school this week? Is that what prompted this?

Somewhere I think we can blame Facebook for this.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
Since as a male I cannot weigh in on women's rights (so I'm told by the left), then someone being able to tell a woman what she can and cannot call her children falls into the same category.  Male input not allowed.

Glad you were able to make this about you in under 20 minutes.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
Glad you were able to make this about you in under 20 minutes.

I'm an equal player....no uterus, no opinion....

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
I'm actually one of the most easy going people out there and friends, colleagues, acquaintances will tell you that until the cows come home. In my type of job, you have to be. 

I do love to expose hypocrisy, especially among those that claim they don't commit it.  Easy targets.  Use the "ignor" button. 

So you build up all the stubbornness and bating people into arguments for muscoop?

Uh....who is being hypocritical? 

Me evidently? Maybe he'll answer this one.
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »
This thread was likely gonna go down the crapter soon enough anyway, but a nod to Chicos in making it ppolitical for the lock.

feedback