collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brian Williams  (Read 23583 times)

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
Re: Brian Williams
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 06:41:13 AM »
I wonder what percent of college graduated adults 22-35 could even identify Brian Williams. I couldn't tell you which network he was on before this.

To my knowledge on ratings, no one under 60 is watching any of this stuff.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 08:21:51 AM »
I wonder what percent of college graduated adults 22-35 could even identify Brian Williams. I couldn't tell you which network he was on before this.

To my knowledge on ratings, no one under 60 is watching any of this stuff.

Instead they are watching folks like Stewart, who is very funny, but too many of them think that is actual news.

Last week a survey came out on millenials that asked them to name just one of the US Senators in their state....just ONE. 

23% of millenials were able to name one.  Appalling. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2015, 08:25:36 AM »
I am simply amazed at the left's obsession with Fox News. I don't know what I'm missing here. I'm right of center, and I haven't watched five minutes of it since before college, and neither have any of my right of center friends. Most of us don't even have cable.

But all I see in any comment section on the internet about the media is Fox News this, Fox News that. On and on and on.

Because that is the ONE network that doesn't conform to their views. Obama's slip of the tongue (or was it) the other day on this topic was priceless.  "the station" vs stations.  I agree with his perception entirely....confirmation bias.  His counting here is dead on as well.

"Our media is all segmented now so that instead of just watching three stations, we got 600. And everything is market-segmented, and you got the conservative station and the liberal stations. So everybody is only listening to what they already agree with."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2015, 08:37:17 AM »
Because that is the ONE network that doesn't conform to their views. Obama's slip of the tongue (or was it) the other day on this topic was priceless.  "the station" vs stations.  I agree with his perception entirely....confirmation bias.  His counting here is dead on as well.

"Our media is all segmented now so that instead of just watching three stations, we got 600. And everything is market-segmented, and you got the conservative station and the liberal stations. So everybody is only listening to what they already agree with."

Not really.  The reason that the left has an obsession about FOX news is that it includes the word news.  Now, if they changed it to what it was then we probably wouldn't hear much from the left about the FOX Entertainment Politics channel.

I'm obviously aware that there are left leaning channels as well, and they should also not be called 'news'.

Kids watch "The Daily Show" because it fits what they like.  Its snarky, and doesn't pretend to be news.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:42:27 AM by Hards_Alumni »

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2015, 08:58:11 AM »
Instead they are watching folks like Stewart, who is very funny, but too many of them think that is actual news.

Last week a survey came out on millenials that asked them to name just one of the US Senators in their state....just ONE. 

23% of millenials were able to name one.  Appalling. 

I'm surprised it's over 10%. It's better for big government if people don't know what's going on.

feedback