[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting article on Fox Sports about Wade and Crean  (Read 11601 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Interesting article on Fox Sports about Wade and Crean
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Sorry, but when even TC's biggest defender/apologist acknowledges that he's a class A prick, a phony and a user....

I don't care if you worship the guy - free country and all of that. But get your head out of the sand.

The idea that an anonymous internet board can be used as proof that a person is a "bad" is silly.

It doesn't matter if it's Buzz, Larry, Dwyane, Tom, KO, etc. Take what you read here with a grain of salt.

Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2013, 02:23:37 PM »
Don't bother, Lenny. The guys a tool. Just like Crean.

Yeah, I wouldn't shake your hand either.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »
I can't help it if you can't get an obvious joke. But by all means, continue your whining.

Liar...you knew what you were saying.  Don't backpedal now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:25:41 PM by The Sultan of South Wayne »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »
The idea that an anonymous internet board can be used as proof that a person is a "bad" is silly.

It doesn't matter if it's Buzz, Larry, Dwyane, Tom, KO, etc. Take what you read here with a grain of salt.

Back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

This isn't a court of law or a math theorem anyone is trying to "prove". Nothing on this board is and nobody says it is. Believe me, everyone here is aware that you wouldn't draw a conclusion if he art teacher gave you the canvas, the paint and the assignment. 3491 posts that say "i'm not sure, I'll never be sure, but whatever you do don't believe anything anyone says" is the only way to never be"wrong". Congratulations on that.

Back to your regularly scheduled fence sitting, disbelief and criticizing.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:33:33 PM by Lennys Tap »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
Liar...you knew what you were saying.  Don't backpedal now.

Liar liar pants on fire??!!

Are you fuggin sh1ttin me? Lenny, you just got a 3rd grade put down! Guy really is a tool

Death on call

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
The amount of butthurt in this thread is amazing....

"Crean didn't look into my eyes when I shook his hand."

"He didn't drop everything he was doing and treat me like the most important thing in his life."

Honestly, do you guys know how pathetic this sounds?  You sound like a bunch of 8th grade girls dealing with their ex-boyfriends. 

Probably almost as pathetic as your bleeding-heart posts defending him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
Probably almost as pathetic as your bleeding-heart posts defending him.

YAY!! 

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
YAY!! 

Do you offer one-on-one Internet Tough Guy lessons? Or do you have a video series I could purchase? I feel like I could learn so much from you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2013, 03:21:50 PM »
YAY!! 

Easy to be a bully here, isn't it. Loser.

Death on call

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
This isn't a court of law or a math theorem anyone is trying to "prove". Nothing on this board is and nobody says it is. Believe me, everyone here is aware that you wouldn't draw a conclusion if he art teacher gave you the canvas, the paint and the assignment. 3491 posts that say "i'm not sure, I'll never be sure, but whatever you do don't believe anything anyone says" is the only way to never be"wrong". Congratulations on that.

Back to your regularly scheduled fence sitting, disbelief and criticizing.

I have my own thoughts on TC. I've formed my opinions based upon personal interactions and the opinions of several others who worked closely with TC. These are people I know and trust.

Keefe was appearing to take what an anonymous person on the internet said as gospel, and I was reminding him that is a mistake. However, that is quite ironic given that I am a random person on the internet.  ;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2013, 03:36:27 PM »
I have my own thoughts on TC. I've formed my opinions based upon personal interactions and the opinions of several others who worked closely with TC. These are people I know and trust.

Keefe was appearing to take what an anonymous person on the internet said as gospel, and I was reminding him that is a mistake. However, that is quite ironic given that I am a random person on the internet.  ;)

And you are assuming I don't know klyrish. We have spoken off line about the birthday incident and I believe what he has to say. You should refrain from making assumptions about random internet people.

Death on call

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »
This is turning into make up sex type fighting up in herrre.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
And you are assuming I don't know klyrish. We have spoken off line about the birthday incident and I believe what he has to say. You should refrain from making assumptions about random internet people.

Fair enough.

I have nothing to add to this thread.

Carry on, gentlemen.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2013, 04:00:35 PM »
I have nothing to add to this thread.

Not so fast, Ammo. Here is a case study. I welcome your input.

It is a routine work day. You have a major deliverable due and you are concerned about making your son's baseball game that evening. You do the mental math and conclude you should be able to get out just in time to make 'play ball!' Suddenly, your boss arrives with his family and calls everyone together. Attendance is mandatory. It is his 3 year old son's birthday. He directs everyone to celebrate this event. Not only must you attend but you are expected to lavish attention and praise on the 3 year old. Meanwhile, your project sits idle. You know every minute spent at this impromptu birthday party for a 3 year old will mean an equal amount of time spent in the office tonight. And that means you will miss your own son's baseball game. A cake is presented but there is not nearly enough for everyone. The first rendition of Happy Birthday commences followed by forced cheers and fake laughter. The cake is cut and you watch your boss and his family eat. Meanwhile your project awaits. Each tick of the clock tolls deep inside your soul. You can feel the bile rising. The crowd presses around the 3 year old and makes him the center of attention. You think of your own son, his face searching the stands for your own. You can see the disappointment on his face as he realizes you are not there. For him. Because you spent an hour celebrating a 3 year old's birthday. At work, of all goddam places.

Discussion: How do you feel? What are your thoughts towards the boss? Is this a place where you are valued? Where you feel you can grow, flourish? How open will you be to leaving this employer?

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
Easy to be a bully here, isn't it. Loser.

Says the guy who's been making the same point for five years.  Maybe someday he'll look in your eyes.  Someday.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »
Not so fast, Ammo. Here is a case study. I welcome your input.

It is a routine work day. You have a major deliverable due and you are concerned about making your son's baseball game that evening. You do the mental math and conclude you should be able to get out just in time to make 'play ball!' Suddenly, your boss arrives with his family and calls everyone together. Attendance is mandatory. It is his 3 year old son's birthday. He directs everyone to celebrate this event. Not only must you attend but you are expected to lavish attention and praise on the 3 year old. Meanwhile, your project sits idle. You know every minute spent at this impromptu birthday party for a 3 year old will mean an equal amount of time spent in the office tonight. And that means you will miss your own son's baseball game. A cake is presented but there is not nearly enough for everyone. The first rendition of Happy Birthday commences followed by forced cheers and fake laughter. The cake is cut and you watch your boss and his family eat. Meanwhile your project awaits. Each tick of the clock tolls deep inside your soul. You can feel the bile rising. The crowd presses around the 3 year old and makes him the center of attention. You think of your own son, his face searching the stands for your own. You can see the disappointment on his face as he realizes you are not there. For him. Because you spent an hour celebrating a 3 year old's birthday. At work, of all goddam places.

Discussion: How do you feel? What are your thoughts towards the boss? Is this a place where you are valued? Where you feel you can grow, flourish? How open will you be to leaving this employer?

That situation sucks, and I'd hate it.

I've never debated the situation. I'm simply pointing out that not everything you read on the internet is 100% accurate.

There used to be a poster around here who pretended he was in the Airforce. Why? I have no idea, but people say and do weird things on the internet.

People are free to interpret information however they want, but internet message boards aren't the most dependable source.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
Says the guy who's been making the same point for five years.  Maybe someday he'll look in your eyes.  Someday.

I'm getting more and more convinced after reading each new post you make that you're the real-life Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

Biggest. Internet badass. Everrrr.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2013, 11:45:25 PM »
There used to be a poster around here who pretended he was in the Airforce. Why? I have no idea, but people say and do weird things on the internet.

Yea, I know that guy. He's not pretending. He retired as a Colonel. Awarded the Bronze Star for valor. He flew A 10's and was also an ALO/ROMAD attached to III Corps out of Ft Hood and I Corps out of Ft Lewis. Won the Purple Heart for massive brain trauma from an IED event in Diyala. Now spends half of each year in Nepal with an NGO doing volunteer work fighting Human Trafficking. He's only back now to get treatment at the VA for his PTSD (nightmares, anxiety, etc...) and to evaluate the longer term effects from his brain injury before going back to Nepal to resume his volunteer work. PM me and I will give you his phone number and you can speak with him yourself. He will be happy to share with you photos and such from his military service. Funny thing is, he left a C-level position with GE Capital in Singapore to resume his military service after 9/11. Now, the thought of sitting in an office driving share holder value for the world's largest Multi-national Corporation doesn't interest in any way. But working in Nepal fighting people who take 8-10 year old girls and boys and sell them into horrible lives throughout Asia and the Middle East has him energized. He sleeps on the floor in a down bag and doesn't have access to running water, steady electricity, indoor plumbing, or the world wide web. And interestingly, his PTSD is remarkably subdued whilst living and working in the Himalayas. So drop me a PM and I will give you his cell number.

Oh, by the way, John Dodds knows he's an Air Force pilot. When he was deployed to Iraq during the surge in 07 he and Dodds were emailing each other and Dodds even gave him a free subscription to his "Premium Site." A week after he got access though he got his ass blown up in Diyala so he wasn't able to use it for several weeks. When he got back to Camp Victory from the hospital in Germany he was too busy to screw around with Marquette basketball. But anyhow, Ammo, PM me and I'll get you in touch with Col C. He's a great guy in real life.

Edit: I really want you to call this guy Ammo. He can also tell you about the work his and other organizations are doing in Nepal and South Asia to fight Human Trafficking. I don't think you would want to move over there yourself but these organizations need lots of help...and not just money. School supplies, English language text books, used kids clothing, writing supplies, etc...the list is endless. At the very least, raising awareness of this problem is important. Being the concerned guy you are I am certain you would welcome the opportunity to fight evil and do some good.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:54:51 PM by keefe »

Death on call

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2013, 06:45:08 AM »

Yea, I know that guy. He's not pretending. He retired as a Colonel. Awarded the Bronze Star for valor. He flew A 10's and was also an ALO/ROMAD attached to III Corps out of Ft Hood and I Corps out of Ft Lewis. Won the Purple Heart for massive brain trauma from an IED event in Diyala. Now spends half of each year in Nepal with an NGO doing volunteer work fighting Human Trafficking. He's only back now to get treatment at the VA for his PTSD (nightmares, anxiety, etc...) and to evaluate the longer term effects from his brain injury before going back to Nepal to resume his volunteer work. PM me and I will give you his phone number and you can speak with him yourself. He will be happy to share with you photos and such from his military service. Funny thing is, he left a C-level position with GE Capital in Singapore to resume his military service after 9/11. Now, the thought of sitting in an office driving share holder value for the world's largest Multi-national Corporation doesn't interest in any way. But working in Nepal fighting people who take 8-10 year old girls and boys and sell them into horrible lives throughout Asia and the Middle East has him energized. He sleeps on the floor in a down bag and doesn't have access to running water, steady electricity, indoor plumbing, or the world wide web. And interestingly, his PTSD is remarkably subdued whilst living and working in the Himalayas. So drop me a PM and I will give you his cell number.

Oh, by the way, John Dodds knows he's an Air Force pilot. When he was deployed to Iraq during the surge in 07 he and Dodds were emailing each other and Dodds even gave him a free subscription to his "Premium Site." A week after he got access though he got his ass blown up in Diyala so he wasn't able to use it for several weeks. When he got back to Camp Victory from the hospital in Germany he was too busy to screw around with Marquette basketball. But anyhow, Ammo, PM me and I'll get you in touch with Col C. He's a great guy in real life.

Edit: I really want you to call this guy Ammo. He can also tell you about the work his and other organizations are doing in Nepal and South Asia to fight Human Trafficking. I don't think you would want to move over there yourself but these organizations need lots of help...and not just money. School supplies, English language text books, used kids clothing, writing supplies, etc...the list is endless. At the very least, raising awareness of this problem is important. Being the concerned guy you are I am certain you would welcome the opportunity to fight evil and do some good.

I have tremendous respect for people who served, keefe... but I have a feeling you and the former poster are the same guy, and that's my point.

Don't automatically believe everything you read on the internet. When people are anonymous, anything can happen.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »

Wow, it's cool you know so many people that post in this forum.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
I have tremendous respect for people who served, keefe... but I have a feeling you and the former poster are the same guy, and that's my point.

Don't automatically believe everything you read on the internet. When people are anonymous, anything can happen.

No, "Ammo," you said "pretended to be in the Air Force." PM me so I can get you in touch with him. He is back in the States through April for neurological work-ups then back to Nepal. It's funny but the overpressureization from a 155mm  howitzer round lighting off underneath an armored up gun truck raises hell with your brain. Not only do your ears ring but your sense of taste and smell gets messed up. Then there are the nightmares. PTSD is a strange beast that never really gets tamed. 

I am certain though he would much rather speak to you about the work going on in Nepal and India fighting Human Trafficking. Why not take 10 minutes out of your life selling insurance, industrial gases, tending the counter at the 7-11 or whatever it is you do and find out about some people working to stop children from getting sold into the most hideous forms of slavery. And not just preventing but finding and rescuing these children then trying to get them back to their families. Rescued children are housed and need to be fed, clothed, and schooled. While many Americans wondered if they had enough buffalo wings and bean dip last Sunday there are people in Nepal trying to see if they have enough rice and lentils to feed 300 children for the week. And paper and pencils. And winter clothing. And shoes. Shoes are always an issue it seems.

Ammo, there are hundreds of thousands of veterans who wish they were pretending to have PTSD. A door slams and you are back in Diyala. The forklift at Home Depot drops a pallet and you are in Tora Bora again. A car honks and you swerve your vehicle dangerously. But you cannot possibly comprehend any of this. You say you have "tremendous respect for people who served" but those are just words. Like ordering a latte at Starbucks. It is cliché.

Death on call

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
No, "Ammo," you said "pretended to be in the Air Force." PM me so I can get you in touch with him. He is back in the States through April for neurological work-ups then back to Nepal. It's funny but the overpressureization from a 155mm  howitzer round lighting off underneath an armored up gun truck raises hell with your brain. Not only do your ears ring but your sense of taste and smell gets messed up. Then there are the nightmares. PTSD is a strange beast that never really gets tamed. 

I am certain though he would much rather speak to you about the work going on in Nepal and India fighting Human Trafficking. Why not take 10 minutes out of your life selling insurance, industrial gases, tending the counter at the 7-11 or whatever it is you do and find out about some people working to stop children from getting sold into the most hideous forms of slavery. And not just preventing but finding and rescuing these children then trying to get them back to their families. Rescued children are housed and need to be fed, clothed, and schooled. While many Americans wondered if they had enough buffalo wings and bean dip last Sunday there are people in Nepal trying to see if they have enough rice and lentils to feed 300 children for the week. And paper and pencils. And winter clothing. And shoes. Shoes are always an issue it seems.

Ammo, there are hundreds of thousands of veterans who wish they were pretending to have PTSD. A door slams and you are back in Diyala. The forklift at Home Depot drops a pallet and you are in Tora Bora again. A car honks and you swerve your vehicle dangerously. But you cannot possibly comprehend any of this. You say you have "tremendous respect for people who served" but those are just words. Like ordering a latte at Starbucks. It is cliché.

I made the "pretend to be in the airforce" comment because I knew you'd react like this, because you are him.

This conversation has nothing to do with your service or my chosen profession.

Anonymous postings on the internet shouldn't be used as facts. You never know who is on the other end of the keyboard.

That's it.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss more, but I don't really have anything else to add.

feedback